Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterSLC
04.24.2014 , 11:32 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Just do top 1 per server. If youre not first youre last.
Fine by me.

funkiestj
04.24.2014 , 11:39 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Just do top 1 per server. If youre not first youre last.
There can only be 1 Ricky Bobby

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

TandyUK
04.28.2014 , 05:30 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
just sayin.
Hope you guys manage to bring x-server to pvp and return of ranked 8 man wzs at some point.

With those two alone ranked pvp would flourish in swtor.

Delaying x-server is just a help to the competition coming from other games, being showroom new or old as egypt.

I also would have liked the following in arenas; gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no ranked que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also punishment to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).

^^ all of these!

ThorgrimLutgen
05.02.2014 , 01:59 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by MarsherMeow View Post
Sorry The Shadowlands, The Progenitor and Vanjervalis Chain probably no rewards for any of you guys.
Good, the players on those servers who see themselves as "leets" should move on and test themselves in a proper environment then.

The other up point on that is, it would leave casual players to play amongst themselves.

Unless of course it is true that there are people out there who play RP servers just to be a big fish in a small pond.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

ThorgrimLutgen
05.02.2014 , 02:02 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding".
Why should leet pvpers on a rp server get any rewards whatsoever when all they are doing is beating casuals who don't care if they win or lose?

If people want the rewards, move to the pvp servers and compete with the big boys.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

ivaniyo
05.09.2014 , 01:42 AM | #146
hola buenas,me interesaria saver que rantin son los que hay que conseguir para optar algun preimo pvp de 3,2,1 lugar,otra cosa que prdriais mejorar es la igualdad de bandos en pvp,sobre todo en ranked esta muy desvariado te puede tocar contra un grupo que te mata tan solo mirarte por el equipo que lleva,esta muy desigualado en ese sentido,con la manera que teneis de puntuar el rating y con esa desigualdad,en la vida yegaras hacer un buen rating,aver si podeis conseguir que las partidas esten mas igualadas,saludos y gracias

helpmewin
05.17.2014 , 02:18 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation!
No point to que for rewards if NOT per server, cause every server have difference faction balance, pop and class component. This is big mistake for solos, i think.
Hmw
Referral link - get free 7 sub days and free transfer.

DarthVengeant
05.20.2014 , 12:17 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
I also would have liked the following in Arenas; Gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no Ranked Que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also PUNISHMENT to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).
So I should be PUNISHED for hating 4v4 WZ (unless it is ranked) and leaving them when they pop? Uhh...NO! This is MY game buddy, and I am not setting through a match I can't stand playing. If they would give us a CHOICE of what to que for that would be great, but they don't. So, when a 4v4 pops I leave because I get zero enjoyment out of them. 4v4 should be in ranked only anyway imo.

Maybe if you brought back ranked 8v8 (the only ranked I have ever enjoyed) it would solve the problem.....

And what is the deal with have to at least played 10 ranked matches to get credit? You realize last season I never got credit for rewards because the que would never pop. I got 2 total games, ever. If you don't do the 10 games in the first week or so, you may as well forget it on my server (Shadowlands). There is already people in gen chat complaining because Ranked is not popping anymore.

JediMasterSLC
05.20.2014 , 01:24 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
So I should be PUNISHED for hating 4v4 WZ (unless it is ranked) and leaving them when they pop?
yes...

Anubiran
05.20.2014 , 01:44 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
So I should be PUNISHED for hating 4v4 WZ (unless it is ranked) and leaving them when they pop? Uhh...NO! This is MY game buddy, and I am not setting through a match I can't stand playing.
absolutely.

When you join the queue you "accept" the terms of not being a dick to other players.

I can only strongly hope that BW will finally have a penalty on leaving...