Aces?

Argonloris

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot5 Imperial : Zuchisen

That mother****** and his Sabotage Probes.

Agreed... but Zuchi plays both pub and imp. He's equally dangerous (and very good!) on both factions. The other thing... I think he's mentioned already.

Tofn:

Harlocke, Rhienne, Scrub, Kelduin

Uh... it's Scrab... also, I haven't heard about the two former dudes - who are they? And yet another thing: both Kelduin and Scrab are inactive.

Little late to the party, aye?

There hasn’t been much movement on the JC list. Most of the latest nominations seem to be same faction. And while the recently added pilots all deserve to be listed as Aces in my book, I would encourage you to nominate pilots you enjoy flying against as well as those that you fly with. After all, without quality opposition, we wouldn’t have a game worth playing.

In any event, using my arbitrary criteria of acknowledging pilots that are better than me, I feel the following pilots have emerged as Aces and deserve to be acknowledged. I continue to fly both sides and enjoy flying with and against all of these pilots.

Pubs: Sabra’lee, Qimera, Valstar, Pyrochenko, Rhea, I’Sys, Sheba

Imps: Rogueagent, Emeeli, Jekkott, Lorft, Scarthen, Zuckerkorn, Opalklone, Demitry, Siruuzh

Some other notes for Argonloris. Fezz should be Ferzz. Dongstar (amusing as the typo is) should be Dogstar.

There are some additional pilots that have caught my attention, but I know they are alts of pilots already on the list, so, for the sake of brevity, I am not including them.

Zuckerkorn, I know you have posted on this topic and claimed that you are an average pilot. I’d put you as an equal to most of the gunship pilots on this list. I’ve seen you put up damage numbers equal to other listed Ace GS pilots. And you are a lot harder to kill than most of those guys. It probably comes from playing Imp side against all those JC “premades” that some people complain about. A lot of pilots completely fold when facing a bad match up, but you still fly well, making great use of the terrain and your missile lock breakers. The same goes for Demitry, who is also very hard to kill while flying a blackbolt with sabotage probe. That is definitely not easy mode. Next time you run into the dreaded premades, just think of yourselves as Sardaukar. You learned to play a particularly difficult, vicious, and unforgiving version of the game. Most pilots quit in the face of that. But those that make it through are particularly competent and deadly pilots for having experienced it.

See you guys out there. And don’t farm the noobs too much. I’m getting tired of 15 minute queues and we need more pilots.

Hey man, thanks for the recommendation. I popped in this thread to see if there were any names I recognized and was very surprised to see my own. I figured I was a pest at best. That one guy who makes you go "hey, see that asteroid? yes that one. That one right in front of you. Look closer... much closer, nice texture isn't it? :) ". Glad to see i've made an impression. Have to agree, I learned how to be evasive flying against the rep premades, they were really vicious about a month ago but thankfully its died down.

Also while i'm in here: something I do and that the rest of you should strongly consider, keep one ship you never upgrade above tier 3 in your lineup for wipeout matches against noobies. In my case its a near stock Rycer with rapids and a frequency capacitor (the pew pew is strong with that one). It makes the match more even and more challenging when you can't just win by gear.

for The Red Eclipse,I'd like to nominate Top'Gun from the imperial side,since I notice Jovi'juan and Quickblast are already listed.

Every time I come up against him,I know I'm in for a fight

Top'gun is Heylan and Heylan is Top'gun :w_cool:

In other words he's already nominated for his Republican pilot.

I agree though, a great pilot indeed.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Top'gun is Heylan and Heylan is Top'gun :w_cool:

In other words he's already nominated for his Republican pilot.

I agree though, a great pilot indeed.

i've only came up against him as Top,and every time I see his name listed across from mine,I think to myself "this is gonna hurt"

Not that i back down from the fight,if anything it makes me keep an eye out for him. Sure,he vapes me more often than not,but i get him more than once a match. I like to think facing pilots like him helps me improve as a gsf pilot

• 3 weeks later...
<- Lakoda, the Bastion, IMP

I always smile when I see:

Imps: anastasie, drakolich, nevah, purple-font, pincer, jessicapultcher

Pubs: stonecolddave, purple, tune, jennifer

:)

A tip of the hat to ya.

------Lakoda

thanks for the shout out. Ya it is always a bit more of a competition when you are on the other side :D

<- Lakoda, the Bastion, IMP

I always smile when I see:

Imps: anastasie

A tip of the hat to ya.

------Lakoda

And to you, too! You've definitely gotten a heck of a lot better since first playing against/with you. I have to watch my butt when you're around! Pulcher always seems to find a great window to burst me down in, too. :)

Edited by TrinityLyre

Ok it's June and I don't know about the other servers but my server needs to be updated, half those players don't even sub anymore let alone play GSF!!!! I call for a server reset of ACES!! If you want to nominate someone they have to be the top 2% in a certain ship or be great @ all the ships and can do every role when needed to win a match!!

Ok it's June and I don't know about the other servers but my server needs to be updated, half those players don't even sub anymore let alone play GSF!!!! I call for a server reset of ACES!! If you want to nominate someone they have to be the top 2% in a certain ship or be great @ all the ships and can do every role when needed to win a match!!

I agree, let's reset!

I'd like to nominate General Brass. He plays without premade VOIP nonsense, unlike a lot of the so-called 'aces' in this thread....

Now I've never seen him play, and don't have any idea what server he's on. But that's irrelevant.

Edited by Kalphitis