Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Flexible Companion Customization System

DomiSotto
04.24.2014 , 07:13 AM | #1
Again, I have thought long and hard here.... and I apologize in advance to anyone mortally wounded/offended by the concepts! But, I keep running into three issues with MMO style companions: cloning, hard to get in time customizations, and a complete lack of handsome male non-human companions (female romance interests even including 1-night stands consist of 8 (pretty much) humans and the only ugly Cathar in the Galaxy)

1. Legacy unlock through CM a station on the Fleet that allows a player to completely customize any human(-ish) companion for about 10% of the price of the Player character (I am thinking 100,000 credits/or CC it translates into) into all species, Body types and cosmetic choices available to the player character.

2. Place all BioWARE character customization vendor with all non-CM customizations available on the Fleet at a premium cost (say 18,000 credits/equivalent CCs) . If possible, Core/Starting Worlds as well.

3. Provide a couple more sets of customizations for Aric that have a different face, not just a recolor. If that's possible for Ashara too... great!

4. Offer a CM pack with Alien customizations for all human (and cyborg) companions or make them available separately with the same pricing as premium companion customizations available through CM now.

5. A Nautolan for Guss Tuno as a premium companion customizations available through CM.

6. CM species change for Ashara to a human --> to open her to customization afterwards (I love her as Torguta but with so few customization options available to her & at least one person I know wanting her to be a human, well, I figured I'd add it!)

7. A variation for Vector with shiny empty eyes (like a Naut) instead of dull.

8. In the Nightlife event rewards, swap Tharan and Doc's customization or in compensation for not exactly attractive Doc Customization provide an attractive one, with a more... erm conventional hairstyle. If it can be Mirialian, that would be AWESOME!

9. Soundsets! Have alternative soundsets or special circumstances soundsets (i.e. married/in romance) available for purchase through customization terminal. Am I the only one who doesn't find it funny any longer that Iresso snaps at his beloved digital spouse?

10. Adding option for the customized companion new look to be unlocked for all the MainChars of that class.

DomiSotto
04.29.2014 , 06:42 PM | #2
Repeating my plea for player-directed companion customization.

DomiSotto
05.06.2014 , 03:01 AM | #3
I would like to say please again Apologies if this is irritating. Please, let me know if bumping the thread is a bannable offence and I will stop

amona
05.09.2014 , 01:52 PM | #4
i support this

horrorfaneightys
05.09.2014 , 01:59 PM | #5
I support this too. I so want Elara as a Chiss now after I saw the suggestion in your other thread.
Xaniata-kee, Morga-dar Li'lu-fei, Aiden-grey, Jadze

DomiSotto
05.09.2014 , 02:09 PM | #6
I have not met Elara yet, but I sure wanted Mal as a Chiss, and Kira as a Sith for a while.

DomiSotto
05.15.2014 , 07:02 AM | #7

Jedi_riches
05.16.2014 , 04:29 AM | #8
I personally don't think you should be able to to change a companions race, however I would like to be able to personalise them more so that we don't have 1,000 Kira clones on the fleet, almost like a create a customisation similar to the appearance changer booth on the fleet and capital planet, where you would choose your preference of appearance and when you accept it would create a bound customisation item for you companions that you can equip your companion.

moonstomp
05.16.2014 , 04:52 AM | #9
Linking my own thread as I am looking for something similar as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=739494

DomiSotto
05.16.2014 , 07:07 AM | #10
I agree that changing a companion's race is a rather drastic step, so if it costly a person won't make it lightly, only if she/he really-really-really wants to. The other player's companion does not impact the game in the slightest. While changing Vette into a Chiss makes little sense, well, for someone it could be a funny-crazy diversion (sort of like absolutely whacky names people give their chars sometimes or dress them in strange attire), and changing Iresso into a Mirialian changes absolutely nothing at all, apart from adding a touch of zest to the play-through.

The key to me is not an argument between the players and/or Bio what each companion should or should not be, but to avoid it, allowing an individual player to make his or her own choice of what makes sense to him or her.