Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 05:08 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
*Cough* cartel coins... **GAG, CHOKE** *cough* cartel coins...

"Ok, we unlocked a supply crate to put in that corner. Who else in the guild has more coins?"

***EA FORCE CHOKE OF MENACING COIN***

"Me."
Does it hurt being that wrong? It looks like it hurts.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

HoloTweed
04.23.2014 , 05:18 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
One feature that if it isn there for the current idea for the guild ships that I would love to see...

Guild stores. Basically a place that people could donate items and set a credit price. Instead of the credits going to the person the credits go into the guild bank (or maybe even give options like percents).
That's a great idea. Cheaper than GTN prices and the proceeds help fund guild events/ships/decorations etc. Everyone wins.

Celwinn
04.23.2014 , 05:31 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
That's a great idea. Cheaper than GTN prices and the proceeds help fund guild events/ships/decorations etc. Everyone wins.
Would the economy be able to support that though?

I personally love the idea.
Don't let the past define you

MisterBlackJack
04.23.2014 , 05:33 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Didn't you read the FAQ? "No".
Actually did you read the FAQ? Because it clearly states decoration rewards will also come from pvp as well as pve
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack
04.23.2014 , 05:36 PM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
So basically this update says s***w you to those who are not guilded or are in small guilds.

It looks like another fail and waste of time just like GSF was...
Maybe for you but GSF is still quite active and one of my favorite features of the game.

Reno_Tarshil
04.23.2014 , 05:37 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Actually did you read the FAQ? Because it clearly states decoration rewards will also come from pvp as well as pve
The question was in regards to guild planet conquering and not the strongholds tho.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

iowaboynca
04.23.2014 , 05:44 PM | #297
PVP or PVE...still sounds like fun. This could get real fun if some if not all Guild events are open world. Hear me out...what if one of the events on the Imp side is to take Thororzan and hold it for say 20 minutes. You can tell me that the word wouldn't get out for there to be spoilers. So I look at more of a grass roots/open world pvp...For example, we had an ops group a few months ago trying to get Dreadtooth. we had 3-4 harassers on the Imp side that made it impossible to take Dreadtooth down that day so they were great spoilers. I can see something along those lines.

ivanhedgehog
04.23.2014 , 06:05 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey TUX,

I do entirely understand the sentiment behind the question. Unfortunately the answer is surprisingly not simple. Placing of decorations may work a bit differently than some might expect and as such we would like to show you. To your own point, we have to manage expectations and I would hate to have me explain it since that won't really do it justice. You need to see it

More information on that coming soon™!

-eric

hire the devs that made City of Heroes. their design for super group bases was the most customizable I have ever seen. I would pay real money to see that game come back.

CyberneticDucks
04.23.2014 , 06:06 PM | #299
wonderful, although at first the concept of a swtor sims game sounded rather silly, i was quick to get hooked to it, and now you're cutting a month off for us subs?! wonderful! tantioone isn't that fun though, but one question i was dying for was if there will be those ceiling tarps found everywhere, i love them!
people on the internet are only mean because they can get away with it

MisterBlackJack
04.23.2014 , 06:07 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
PVP or PVE...still sounds like fun. This could get real fun if some if not all Guild events are open world. Hear me out...what if one of the events on the Imp side is to take Thororzan and hold it for say 20 minutes. You can tell me that the word wouldn't get out for there to be spoilers. So I look at more of a grass roots/open world pvp...For example, we had an ops group a few months ago trying to get Dreadtooth. we had 3-4 harassers on the Imp side that made it impossible to take Dreadtooth down that day so they were great spoilers. I can see something along those lines.
This almost sounds like something I posted in suggestion thread well over a year ago. Which was create new open world pvp areas on each of the contested planets and allow guilds to build power strongholds and fight to capture and defend them.

You could boost your defenses through resources npcs or other ally guilds nearby. The faction who gained the most territory would claim the planet for their faction.