Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uber_the_Goober
04.23.2014 , 11:28 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
All that I can do is to reiterate what Jack Wood (Producer on Stronghold's Team) said at our Boston event "We want Flagships to be something that Guilds strive to acquire"

-eric
So, not less than 100 million creds.

There are some yahoos out there that have over 100 million themselves, and some guilds with multiple people like this.

I see "Credit Sink" of epic proportions here. And it's needed, true. I wonder what this will do to the economy I fear nothing, but that my meager 8 million credits spread across my entire legacy will soon confer very different purchasing power than before.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

TUXs
04.23.2014 , 11:29 AM | #162
A few other things I have seen in the thread...
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.
-eric
This is excellent news. Well done. I like the options

Next question...Chat...

After 2-1/2 years, General Chat on Fleet is where the vast majority of PuG groups search for players. This is good because we have an established and centralized location to search for players. Could you please encourage the Devs to allow us to still be a part of Fleet General Chat from our homes? If not, would the team consider adding a new default LFG channel that defaults to all players (old and new) chat tabs? Trade has one...LFG needs one. My only fear with Strongholds is that you'll be removing players from the PuG pool by stretching chat too thin in multiple locations vs. the centralized Fleet Chat we have now.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

YoshiRaphElan
04.23.2014 , 11:32 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I sympathize with this a bit, but worst case scenario I figure my Bounty Hunter will enjoy his personal Tatooine Homestead, my Smuggler will sprawl out in his Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, my Jedi Knight will meditate on Coruscant, and my Inquisitor will cackle maniacally in his Dromund Kaas Stronghold while my Warrior broods menacingly in the corner waiting for the real estate market on Korriban to open up eventually.
Agreed. I'm sure there are people like myself who can justify their toons living together.

*My Knight and Consular are cousins, so they can share the Coruscant house.
*My Trooper and BH are brothers, and good friends with my Smuggler, so they can share the Tatooine home.
*Even in my head-canon, my Agent lives on Nar Shaddaa, so he can have that place. My head-canon Kaliyo is in a relationship with Lieutenant Pierce, so I can see the Warrior crew moving in with the Agent for convenience.
*My Inquisitor will selfishly keep the DK house to himself.

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 11:33 AM | #164 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
Eric, does this mean the RotHC style expansion is pushed back, or is this something that won't be covered until the next roadmap?
I will make sure we get it noted in the roadmap!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ebado
04.23.2014 , 11:34 AM | #165
I will make sure we get it noted in the roadmap!

-eric
All right, thank you for the response
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

RiVaN_
04.23.2014 , 11:35 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
A push-back combined with some interesting features we haven't heard about and others we asked for?

Plus an additional round of thank-you's for subscribers?

Um... OK. Here, have some money.
This one made me laugh out loud for real.
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate
Nikolete, Scoundrel, Republic FlashFire - Souls of Fate
Vixis, Juggernaut - The Defenestrators
Souls of Fate - Jedi Covenant

Irongut
04.23.2014 , 11:36 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
My Sith characters would live, decorate and focus on architecture and designs completely different from my Agent and my Bounty Hunter. I know you said that the Strongholds are Legacy based, and I'm assuming that means that there's one Stronghold on each planet per account, as opposed to having Strongholds for each character.

I'm a bit saddened by this as this means I'll have to pick ONE character to focus on when it comes to Strongholds.
You could make your Sith's home on Drommund Kaas with your Agent on Nar Shadda and your BH on Tatooine, for example. Having your Sith live on DK and the other characters live elsewhere would probably fit with whatever RP you have for them. Technically the game will probably allow all of them to access all of the homes but there's no reason why you have to do so.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks Bruce & especially Eric for the update and answering our questions. I wasn't that interested in the Strongholds update but now I'm really keen. Planetary conquest has me actually thinking about joining a guild for the first time since before the first round of server transfers!
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

Lacedemon
04.23.2014 , 11:41 AM | #168
When you say strive, do you mean strive through hours of grinding dailies or other boring content or strive in that it will be challenging/hard in difficulty.
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Jenovan
04.23.2014 , 11:44 AM | #169
Okay, on the "Strongholds are Legacy-based, not character-based" front...

Eric, you said we can buy/unlock multiple Strongholds. Does that mean, I can get one on every planet available, or could I, for instance, get 2 Sky Palaces?
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

brutall
04.23.2014 , 11:44 AM | #170
this looks nice. i hope they make it like Rift but Better!!!!!

is it Anker points or free placement? decorations