Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 10:48 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
have I missed any information on guild ship cost (even a rough estimate). Small/medium sized guilds probably need to start planning funding events and we we had some idea of how much these things are going to cost we can plan better.

I know an exact number may not be reasonable, but a range maybe reasonable. Sticker shock may not be a good thing when they finally hit.

Additionally, mentioned "guild buffs", any information on that as well?
I asked the question earlier but it seems to have no answer yet. If you're not saving already, you probably should start. My guild started saving up the week of the original announcement.

Caladorean
04.23.2014 , 10:49 AM | #122
Quote:
Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds
Quote:
3 unique Player Strongholds, one on each Capital World plus the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace
2 faction-specific Guild Flagships (Valor-class Cruiser for the Republic and Harrower-class Dreadnaught for the Empire)
Legacy Stronghold Storage
Ability to gain Prestige tracked on Prestige Leaderboards
Hundreds of Decorations to discover and collect
Playing Devil's advocate:
No new pvp or pve content. No extension of class, faction or companion story lines. No new Flashpoints or Operations

But....

New daily missions to grind for " fluff " to put into ' zoned-in apartments ' which can be furnished either thru a daily grind for rep / vendor items or bought thru a new series of crap in cartel packs, of which I guess there will be plenty of variations....

did I miss anything?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 10:51 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Caladorean View Post
Playing Devil's advocate:
No new pvp or pve content. No extension of class, faction or companion story lines. No new Flashpoints or Operations

But....

New daily missions to grind for " fluff " to put into ' zoned-in apartments ' which can be furnished either thru a daily grind for rep / vendor items or bought thru a new series of crap in cartel packs, of which I guess there will be plenty of variations....

did I miss anything?
That's because the article is focused solely on Strongholds. The other stuff isn't related to Strongholds. Would you expect to see notes about Strongholds in a PVP article? Or Operations details in an Arena article?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 10:51 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
I think I like this idea, in fact I would take it even further. Make a new chat channel that is a global general channel, usable from anywhere.
Barrens chat and Jawa movie titles everywhere? Ugh. No.

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:52 AM | #125 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I asked the question earlier but it seems to have no answer yet. If you're not saving already, you probably should start. My guild started saving up the week of the original announcement.
All that I can do is to reiterate what Jack Wood (Producer on Stronghold's Team) said at our Boston event "We want Flagships to be something that Guilds strive to acquire"

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DOHboy
04.23.2014 , 10:54 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
we're actually planning on some guild auctions. Typically officers donate CM items which others bid on, where all proceeds go into GB. We can typically generate about 10mil in about an hours time so one or two of those should hopefully cover the costs. its just that how much is going to be enough. If we're talking 100mil, going to be awhile. 10 mil, probably easy.

We're not a huge guild and it would be mostly the officers donating items and hopeing people bid enough to make it worth the effort. otherwise woudl just be better to buy CM items sell on GTN then donate the proceeds to Guild.

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 10:54 AM | #127
All that I can do is to reiterate what Jack Wood (Producer on Stronghold's Team) said at our Boston event "We want Flagships to be something that Guilds strive to acquire"

-eric
Thanks! That's a quote from Boston I hadn't seen yet.

It has me hoping that there's a quest involved, too. Make it challenging so we feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when we get it!

Blev
04.23.2014 , 10:54 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
I agree with this 100%. I was really looking forward to having individual strongholds per character, not account.
Eh...this could have potential depending on how they do it. Imagine being able to have your Knight and Smuggler companions hang out in the same Stronghold. About the only thing better would be the very old idea of being able to pull out all Same Faction companions you have acquired on any character, so say pulling out Kira Carsen on your Smuggler and such.

The only things that really bothers me is the Guild Planet conquest. It just sounds silly, and I expect it will really only favor the very large guilds. It also is odd to me this wouldn't be a Factional PvP thing.

I think I would much rather see something potentially tied into the Guild Ships where depending on which planet you base your ship out of, you'd get various bonuses for that planet and overall that you could work toward by doing missions. For those solo players (or all players in general), perhaps let them be able to purchase a Thranta-class Corvette (or the Imperial equivalent) that would unlock lesser or other bonuses that players could unlock based on the base planet.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

DarthMetalJoey
04.23.2014 , 10:55 AM | #129
This sounds great!

im glad to sub since launch <3

it would be awesome if i could see my sorc standing in my house when i walk in as a juggernaut :O

oh and a revan statue like the one on dromound kaas

Heal-To-Full
04.23.2014 , 10:56 AM | #130
This is something that is still being worked on and discussed internally. Once I have a concrete answer on how it works I will share!
I really hope we get an option to make any item legacy-bound - perhaps contingent on some sort of fee, paid when putting it into legacy storage.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.