Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:36 AM | #101 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
So what you mean is that I have to buy one more month of subscription if I want to have early access. I thought that it was what I bought with this month of subscription. Don't you think you're removing something that i already bought?
Hey Kesphin,

If you had bought subscription time to make insure that you were a sub for the May 11th Early Access promotion, that remains unchanged. In fact, you actually are getting more now than you would have before! (2 additional rooms, mini-pet, and title).

Your subscription actually bought more, not less

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

aeterno
04.23.2014 , 10:39 AM | #102
Almost sounds as if guild ships can be moved around the galaxy map from planet to planet... Man so many possibilities. Could be a 4x-ish minigame for the guilds.

I hope it's not just a guild thing per se but a faction tug of war of some sorts that everyone can see unfold by just opening up their galaxy map. Have contested areas on the map be up for grabs by guilds of both factions and have borders move as guilds take and loose planets... tie certain faction buffs to control of sectors or individual planets (if we can fight over planets we're questing/doing operations on).
Large scale warfare sans PvP lol. So we cant do 24v24, we can do fleets v fleets. And oh how GSF could be eventually incorporated, makes me all giddy.

Meh best curb my enthusiasm heh...

Kirazy
04.23.2014 , 10:39 AM | #103
Eric, do you have any information on what we can store in the Legacy Storage?

Arilou_skiff
04.23.2014 , 10:39 AM | #104
Gah! Must. Have. More... INFO!!!!

JediMasterSLC
04.23.2014 , 10:39 AM | #105
Any possibility of PvP surrounding guild conquests? A shame you made this a PvE mission, but we PvPers are used to such treatment by now. I'd probably be content with the possibility of some regular open world pvp around this new stuff.

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 10:40 AM | #106
Again, any chance of customizing our Guild Ships in terms of looks, both inside and out? If not, I'll understand, but I'd love to be able to help the Guild Ship stand out from the pack.

Also, maybe give us the option of naming it?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:40 AM | #107 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
A few other things I have seen in the thread...
  • Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

theSCARAYone
04.23.2014 , 10:40 AM | #108
Can you elaborate anymore on how legacy storage will work Eric? Like can "bound to character" items be put in there? If you can that just makes being able to choose your look for characters that share gear so much more convenient.

Also I really appreciate that you gave us things to look forward to when telling us about this pushback rather than just leaving us in the dust.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

TheMarmalade
04.23.2014 , 10:41 AM | #109
First off, I got no problem with the pushback with what sounds like there being a lot of great content being added. I do wonder though in the meantime if there is going to be a new event, or a bringing back of any of the old events outside of the bounty hunter one? Outside of PVP I am really running out of things to do when I am not doing OP's.

Also your killing me with the lack of details on the Guild Ship details. I have had no reason to spend my credits in this game for a while and have been stock piling for this and only this. Please do not let me down, I understand keeping things secret, but the anticipation is killing me.

Silko
04.23.2014 , 10:41 AM | #110
All I read was Tatoonie House. My house was on Tat back in SWG. Time to return home.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website