Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:05 AM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Grrr! Just tell us...you'll either please us all tremendously, or we'll all be able to moderate our expectations. Why can't you tell us NOW? It's a very simple answer...it's a very basic question Eric. Pegs? Item slots? Freedom? If so, how much? X, Y and Z axis?
Hey TUX,

I do entirely understand the sentiment behind the question. Unfortunately the answer is surprisingly not simple. Placing of decorations may work a bit differently than some might expect and as such we would like to show you. To your own point, we have to manage expectations and I would hate to have me explain it since that won't really do it justice. You need to see it

More information on that coming soon™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 10:05 AM | #62
First off, amazing, thank you for the information.

That said, one thing

My Sith characters would live, decorate and focus on architecture and designs completely different from my Agent and my Bounty Hunter. I know you said that the Strongholds are Legacy based, and I'm assuming that means that there's one Stronghold on each planet per account, as opposed to having Strongholds for each character.

I'm a bit saddened by this as this means I'll have to pick ONE character to focus on when it comes to Strongholds.

Would it be at all possible to add in an OPTION to allow us to buy more Strongholds per account? I want my characters to have their own homes, not share one.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

BadOrb
04.23.2014 , 10:06 AM | #63
Certainly the idea that there is a Stronghold on Dromund Kaas and one on Coruscant adds in some extra complication. We are still working through the details but we will talk a bit more about how the separate faction stuff will work across Legacy further down the line.

-eric
Also note the timeline differences for factions e.g. Taris and Balmorra , different views out of said windows.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

weejohnathon
04.23.2014 , 10:06 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I figured that each character gets his own version of your legacy's stronghold. It wouldn't make too much sense to have Mako in my Jedi Knight's stronghold, or Quinn in my Sorcerer's.
I hope not I wanna throw my whole legacy in one building (companions included) for a massive orgy!

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:07 AM | #65 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I know it has been asked so I just want to confirm, Nightmare Dread Palace will still be coming in Game Update 2.8. Again, we will talk about what else is coming in Bruce's Roadmap. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about that!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Uber_the_Goober
04.23.2014 , 10:08 AM | #66
Hey TUX,

I do entirely understand the sentiment behind the question. Unfortunately the answer is surprisingly not simple. Placing of decorations may work a bit differently than some might expect and as such we would like to show you. To your own point, we have to manage expectations and I would hate to have me explain it since that won't really do it justice. You need to see it

More information on that coming soon™!

-eric
The things which from a consumer perspective appear simple, fluid, and obvious, are anything but behind the scenes. It ain't easy looking easy

Good on you to not answer a question via text that is entirely visual in nature anyway.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Beltane
04.23.2014 , 10:10 AM | #67
Some questions!

- Will we be able to decorate with friends, i.e. put a friend on "admin" of our stronghold and allow them to help us decorate?

- Will large groups of players be able to visit our strongholds so we can have player-run events in them?

- Will guild ships have a permissions system so multiple people in the guild can decorate?

- Can we own two strongholds of the same type, like two Dromund Kaas strongholds, or can we only own one of each?
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

ribbity
04.23.2014 , 10:12 AM | #68
Does placing Companion Characters as decorations mean I can mount C2-N2 on my wall and turn him into a singing fish?
Padraic Watchman Sentinel
Guild Leader of Grievance (Jedi Covenant)
We're recruiting! Check us out at http://www.grievancegaming.org

collinc
04.23.2014 , 10:13 AM | #69
Does this at all change the plans for there to be 2 expansions in 2014?

Infernixx
04.23.2014 , 10:13 AM | #70
1) Any chance of us getting to name our Guild Ships?

2) Can we customize its appearance, inside and out?

I realize these are 'out of left field' questions, but better to ask than explode with curiosity.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.