Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arkerus
04.23.2014 , 09:53 AM | #51
I am very much in support of pushing the date back to get a lot more features. At work, we push dates back all the time when a product simply isn't 100% what we wanted.

Eric,

Can we get some input on buffs or bonuses strongholds will provide? Is it simply a sandboxy feature for fun (which is fine) or does it also provide some bonuses, etc? I am sorry if you covered this before. I think there was a post before that mentioned something about bonuses but I don't recall.

Either way, it is something I will definitely be enjoying.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 09:53 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Why would we have to buy it?

"thanks for saving countless planets... here's the bill"? loll if the Republic or Empire can't assign us a guild ship and crew without cost they can save thier own frakking universe
Don't let logic get in the way of the game.

They said during the Boston event that decorations for guild ships might fall into the 2-15 million credit range. We've known for a while that personal strongholds will have a credit cost (as one option for acquisition).

It stands to reason there will be a cost of acquisition for the guild flagships, too.

RandirTheWise
04.23.2014 , 09:54 AM | #53
You really made my suggestion box thread tremble with the complete features GS will have.
I, gentlemen, am ashamed for doubting you.

Keep up the good work, I don't mind waiting 2 more months if that's gonna make Conquest real once and for all.
The Force is my ally

GamerSoul
04.23.2014 , 09:55 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You will be able to have more than one Stronghold, yup! The rest of your questions unfortunately will need to be answered at a later date

-eric
Awesome about more than stronghold, and I figured about the others, can't wait though haha!

Thanks Eric
The Shadowlands
Praetoria'n - Level 55 - Guardian / Tankshots - Level 55 - Shadow / An'Rosa - Level 55 - Sage / Anna'Val - Level 30 - Gunslinger
Urxo - Level 17 - Powertech / Dar'orar - Level 29 - Mercenary

PUMA
04.23.2014 , 09:57 AM | #55
Aren't homesteads different for factions though? Even though it's legacy I'm concerned about placing items like mounts and it being in different locations because of the difference in faction layout.

Basically, are there specific placement options for the faction specific locations?
Descension - The Bastion
Lowkee - The Rinou Legacy
Guild Website || Join Us

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 10:00 AM | #56 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by PUMA View Post
Aren't homesteads different for factions though? Even though it's legacy I'm concerned about placing items like mounts and it being in different locations because of the difference in faction layout.

Basically, are there specific placement options for the faction specific locations?
Certainly the idea that there is a Stronghold on Dromund Kaas and one on Coruscant adds in some extra complication. We are still working through the details but we will talk a bit more about how the separate faction stuff will work across Legacy further down the line.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MillionsKNives
04.23.2014 , 10:03 AM | #57
Will we be able to place our companions in a cage, or a torture chamber? I would totally place Quinn or Skadge in a prison cell, or in a box with a gundark.

Quote: Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Why would we have to buy it?

"thanks for saving countless planets... here's the bill"? loll if the Republic or Empire can't assign us a guild ship and crew without cost they can save thier own frakking universe
Why do we have to pay for guild bank slots, or stronghold locations, or armor, or speeders, or... well, anything in this game? It's an optional bonus for guild who can afford it. You're buying a capital ship FFS, that's not cheap.

tallanka
04.23.2014 , 10:03 AM | #58
So if my subscription doesn't expire until after May 11th, will I get the rewards that include the Palace Stronghold with 5 extra rooms (my sub runs out on May 23)?

Also, will active subscribers during May and July get two Palace Strongholds (one with 5 extra rooms, one with 3), or will we only have one?

MillionsKNives
04.23.2014 , 10:05 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by PUMA View Post

I figured that each character gets his own version of your legacy's stronghold. It wouldn't make too much sense to have Mako in my Jedi Knight's stronghold, or Quinn in my Sorcerer's.

weejohnathon
04.23.2014 , 10:05 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by tallanka View Post
So if my subscription doesn't expire until after May 11th, will I get the rewards that include the Palace Stronghold with 5 extra rooms (my sub runs out on May 23)?

Also, will active subscribers during May and July get two Palace Strongholds (one with 5 extra rooms, one with 3), or will we only have one?
We only get one