Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:32 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
I'm good with that, new features are amazing! I'm especially excited with Tatooine Homestead

But I hope those Strongholds are for the whole Legacy, not specific characters. I play too many alts to take care of too many houses...
Well then I have good news! Strongholds are Legacy wide, not character specific

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LtGeneralGezlin
04.23.2014 , 09:33 AM | #22
"Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds"

Awesome! I just hope I can talk to my Companions in my strongholds. That would be a nice thing. Especially when I'm recording the Companion stories! (JUST MAKE SURE DYE MODS ON COMPANION ARMOR WORKS! :P)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Apophis_
04.23.2014 , 09:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Well then I have good news! Strongholds are Legacy wide, not character specific

-eric
Thank you! I love you, guys. Getting excited for this expansion
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Balance Sage) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
And many other 55s. Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

AngelFluttershy
04.23.2014 , 09:35 AM | #24
Do only guilds who are in the #1 spot of planet conquering get the bonus, or do the second and third runners up also receive a lesser bonus? Also, do these bonuses affect other in-game qualities or are they just more of what guild bonuses already consist of (e.g. XP and Reputation bonus)?

justgladtobeme
04.23.2014 , 09:36 AM | #25
Is Nightmare Dread Palace still slated to release on June 10th?

Any mention of 2.8 seemed to fall off the list of planned updates.
The Salad Legacy - The Harbinger

NCVens
04.23.2014 , 09:37 AM | #26
To bad we have to wait longer, but the extra features surely make it worth it.

A few small questions though,

Does this mean that people who are subscribed on both may 11th and july 15th get 8 additional rooms, or is it a maximum of 5? My guess is that those subscribed on may 11th get 5 whatever happens, and those who weren't, but are subscribed on july 15th get 3.
Do we get to see only the companions of your own character or is it possible to place companions there for your entire legacy to see?
Are the strongholds separated by faction, or could i walk in with my bounty hunter on my nar shaddaa stronghold and see my consular stuff(/companion?) there. Although the tatooine addition might answer that already, as the stronghold will probably be in your faction specific starting city.

I am looking very much forward to this expansion!

Uber_the_Goober
04.23.2014 , 09:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
"Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds"

Awesome! I just hope I can talk to my Companions in my strongholds. That would be a nice thing. Especially when I'm recording the Companion stories! (JUST MAKE SURE DYE MODS ON COMPANION ARMOR WORKS! :P)
I know, I want to display my speeders like the Czerka one when I get it, just like it is displayed on CZ-198 in the flashpoint
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Reno_Tarshil
04.23.2014 , 09:37 AM | #28
What this means is that if you are a subscriber on both dates, you will have one Palace with 5 rooms unlocked. It isn't a "stacking" type of thing. June is a basically a smaller version of the May promotion.

-eric
Thank you for the clarification, I had a feeling it was the 5 room only part but I wanted to ask and be shure. I am very excited by all this.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

NeoWolf
04.23.2014 , 09:38 AM | #29
Read Bruce Maclean's Producer Letter on Galactic Strongholds.

Read More
This is all awesome, but for fear of being labelled Oliver by proferring my bowl and saying "Please sir can I have some more"? Can I request that you include some smaller scale conquest objective events for SMALLER guilds.

As there are MANY smaller guilds out there that are that way by design and would still like to be able to do some events with our guilds like this but know that numerically there is just NO WAY we would ever be able to compete for planetary conquest control against the larger more populous guilds.

So how about including some smaller conquest events like Secure X objective or base.. that smaller guilds can do to gain lesser benefits. As this would still allow us to feel like were participating and benefitting to.

thanks
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

NCVens
04.23.2014 , 09:38 AM | #30
And i see most of my questions were already answered :P I am too slow