Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:26 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Eric, what are the differences between a Luxury Sky Palace vs. a Sprawling Sky Palace, can you elaborate any?
Adjectives

It is just a difference of wording. It is simply the Sky Palace, we just threw some fancy words in front of it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
04.23.2014 , 09:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Adjectives

It is just a difference of wording. It is simply the Sky Palace, we just threw some fancy words in front of it.

-eric
So does this mean if we are subscribers by both dates we get two palaces one with 5 rooms and one with 3 rooms or one palace with 8 rooms?
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:28 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Thanks for the update and transparency.
Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.
Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric

DARTHJAKA
04.23.2014 , 09:29 AM | #14
Erik could you tell us what can we expect in 2.8 then? I know Manaan is coming at one point so I'm asking :P

Apophis_
04.23.2014 , 09:30 AM | #15
I'm good with that, new features are amazing! I'm especially excited with Tatooine Homestead

But I hope those Strongholds are for the whole Legacy, not specific characters. I play too many alts to take care of too many houses...
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Sage DPS) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
And many other 55s. Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

phat_maban
04.23.2014 , 09:30 AM | #16
Thank you very much for the transparency

Looking forward to this update looks like some very cool things in there like the conquest events

I for one don't mind waiting for a polished product.
Maban - Doubtvilified - Madras - Uglybabyeater
Midian

Uber_the_Goober
04.23.2014 , 09:30 AM | #17
Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

<snip>
Well, yeah, all missions that don't directly involve warzones are "PvE" missions. But I mean, will they be some type of instanced PvE, or will they be held in such a way that the opposing faction might have a chance to "stop" your guild conquering the planet? Like, a mission that happens on the planet itself, and is involved and long enough that the opposing faction could mount some sort of resistance?

Or will it have absolutely no cross-faction impact whatsoever (a pub guild and imp guild could both "control" the planet simultaneously)

Still looks cool, I'm just curious about this part - because it hints at a backdoor to world pvp. And I like that.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

ninjonxb
04.23.2014 , 09:31 AM | #18
Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric
Awesome. Thanks for not trying to twist your answer so you didn't have to actually say that it wouldn't be the biggest.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:31 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
So does this mean if we are subscribers by both dates we get two palaces one with 5 rooms and one with 3 rooms or one palace with 8 rooms?
What this means is that if you are a subscriber on both dates, you will have one Palace with 5 rooms unlocked. It isn't a "stacking" type of thing. June is a basically a smaller version of the May promotion.

-eric

BadOrb
04.23.2014 , 09:31 AM | #20
Never mind answered above me .

Well it all sounds great and by the sounds of it , might actually make me join a guild , heaven forbid and I never thought I would. I'm still going to be my own person but I'm great at helping people. My main 2 friends will have priority though and I will ask them if they are willing to join up with me.

Sounds great cheeky monkey lizards , keep it up.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12