Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 08:48 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Read Bruce Maclean's Producer Letter on Galactic Strongholds.

Read More
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Uber_the_Goober
04.23.2014 , 09:14 AM | #2
So, a pushback, but for good reason?

The feature list looks fun.

My question - when guilds "conquer" planets, is this a strictly PvE thing? Or are you actually taking over enemy bases, with the inevitable PvP that comes with that?
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

DarthTHC
04.23.2014 , 09:16 AM | #3
A push-back combined with some interesting features we haven't heard about and others we asked for?

Plus an additional round of thank-you's for subscribers?

Um... OK. Here, have some money.

Drudenfusz
04.23.2014 , 09:16 AM | #4
Can I only place the companions of my character or any companion of my legacy in my stronghold? Also, will we get the option to show just armour also, without anyone has to wear them in our strongholds?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Never_Hesitate
04.23.2014 , 09:20 AM | #5
The pushback is a bit sad but the announced additional features are more than enough to justify it
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

Reno_Tarshil
04.23.2014 , 09:20 AM | #6
Just take your time and get everything right. All these new additional features sound awesome.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

EricMusco
04.23.2014 , 09:22 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
So, a pushback, but for good reason?

The feature list looks fun.

My question - when guilds "conquer" planets, is this a strictly PvE thing? Or are you actually taking over enemy bases, with the inevitable PvP that comes with that?
Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
04.23.2014 , 09:24 AM | #8
Eric, what are the differences between a Luxury Sky Palace vs. a Sprawling Sky Palace, can you elaborate any?
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

danaketh
04.23.2014 , 09:25 AM | #9
Actually, yes. I'll wait. As long as this is to provide us with few more features and deliver content less broken (or even perfectly working), I'll gladly wait a bit longer. Right now I'm really insterested to see this all in action.

ninjonxb
04.23.2014 , 09:25 AM | #10
Thanks for the update and transparency.
Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.