Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tanerb
04.22.2014 , 10:25 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Not every portion of the game has to be directed at EVERYONE. I agree that PvP should be for everyone, but that doesn't mean you can't target ranked PvP at the more hardcore PvP player base. Just like Operations are for everyone, but NiM Operations are targeted at the more hardcore PvE player base.

Ranked warzones aren't for the "poor" casuals to gain something. If you're losing all the time, improve or play the casual game type. You are making the decision to play a game mode that is meant to reflect how skilled players are and calling to make it more accessible to less skilled players. It goes against the very fundamental of having a rank in the first place.
Then why are you guys complaining that ranked does not fire? I have never seen Nim guilds complaining that they can not find people to run with. PVP in this game does not have a big population of high skilled players. When will you guys understand that?

Vodrin
04.22.2014 , 10:25 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
I really don't think that's how it's gonna go down.
Me either. The vast majority that I have encountered in ranked care about their rating, even if it is poor.

L-RANDLE
04.22.2014 , 10:28 AM | #133
Que times in ranked suffered because of barriers to entry in the previous system. Now there are virtually "no barriers" and Que times are bad. So what is the problem?

Ranked has ALWAYS lacked competitiveness.

Think about that for a moment. There has never been anything, anything in ranked "worth" fighting for except for ONE damn mount. But guess what? You had to "win" in order to get it..

While this new design is in place, where there are zero restrictions for queing ranked, you can't reward mere participation IF you want any credibility in the world of "competitiveness". If you want ranked to grow, maybe this reward, adding 8v8 back, and adding some forced PvP progression(aka no trolling in unranked) with a few Que restrictions is a way better route to fix the problem. There is no point in having a ranked Que if you reward participation..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Ottoattack
04.22.2014 , 10:30 AM | #134
Not every portion of the game has to be directed at EVERYONE. I agree that PvP should be for everyone, but that doesn't mean you can't target ranked PvP at the more hardcore PvP player base. Just like Operations are for everyone, but NiM Operations are targeted at the more hardcore PvE player base.

Ranked warzones aren't for the "poor" casuals to gain something. If you're losing all the time, improve or play the casual game type. You are making the decision to play a game mode that is meant to reflect how skilled players are and calling to make it more accessible to less skilled players. It goes against the very fundamental of having a rank in the first place.
If ranked WZs are not for the poor, casuals or W.E you want to call them, what is the process to prevent them from queing in solo ranked?

On every fundamental level solo ranked is not competitive. Solo rank is 100% RNG based and winning is a function of which team has less clueless. You can't have a reward system based on winning when RNG is the biggest factor in determining the winner. That's why weekly for normal WZ have changes from wins to # of games; to increase participation. We do not have the population for a healthy ranked environment on any server, and all this does is favor super skilled teams in group ranked, who will win most games regardless. Lesser skilled teams in group ranked will not win most games, and solo ranked winning is not correlated with skill.

It does not work.

Implement cross server ques and I will 100% support dailies and weeklies based on winning.

Vodrin
04.22.2014 , 10:30 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
You still dont learn how design MMO balance since failed Ilum. You dont listen players opinions.

Your major game design paradigm "Rich must became richer, poor must became poorer" will fail once again, cuz quantity of rich *so-called elite hardcore* ones much less than quantity of *casual* poors, and poors will abandon playing game with such approach. No one will playing game where they losing all time (and pay money for it). No fun. Especially without any kind working elo matchmaking and cross-server players pool. So rich ones finally get zero game cuz infinite queue time. Hello to step on the rake again.
Tony I really don't think this makes much of a difference to the top end PvPers. The best on my server are already full brutalizer and will be min maxed in a matter of a week or two. The quests will not make them any richer really (except by allowing them to gear out an alt or two with legacy gear). And I really believe making them count for participation would be very bad for the quality of the experience of most players, particularly on the less powerful faction. Making the quest count for losses could be considered in the group queue though. That would make sense.

Pistols
04.22.2014 , 10:30 AM | #136
I wanna make sweet rancor to L-RANDLE.

TonyDragonflame
04.22.2014 , 10:34 AM | #137

Main problem is huge cross-faction imbalance on most servers whats ruined solo ranked. This still dont fixed and makes problem "poor became more poorer" much worse. Only cross-faction solo ranked can solve this problem, but BW dont care about it.

So this decision leads just to one-sided one-faction servers, where players other faction will reroll or quit game (hello wildstar and teso).
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Twin
04.22.2014 , 10:44 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Then why are you guys complaining that ranked does not fire? I have never seen Nim guilds complaining that they can not find people to run with. PVP in this game does not have a big population of high skilled players. When will you guys understand that?
Because we were promised Cross Server Queues along with Season 1. We have every right to complain about lack of pops and matchmaking.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

idnewton
04.22.2014 , 10:49 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
Having PvE players tell me that they are "forced" to PvP so they can get the relics is bad.
Yes, it is. They are not 'forced', they simply don't have the skill set to earn the PvE relics and they think those relics will make them good. They are wrong.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Twin
04.22.2014 , 10:49 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Que times in ranked suffered because of barriers to entry in the previous system. Now there are virtually "no barriers" and Que times are bad. So what is the problem?

Ranked has ALWAYS lacked competitiveness.

Think about that for a moment. There has never been anything, anything in ranked "worth" fighting for except for ONE damn mount. But guess what? You had to "win" in order to get it..

While this new design is in place, where there are zero restrictions for queing ranked, you can't reward mere participation IF you want any credibility in the world of "competitiveness". If you want ranked to grow, maybe this reward, adding 8v8 back, and adding some forced PvP progression(aka no trolling in unranked) with a few Que restrictions is a way better route to fix the problem. There is no point in having a ranked Que if you reward participation..
Well stated, i couldn't agree more.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln