Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it OK to do 'Tactical' FPs as Tank / Heals ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is it OK to do 'Tactical' FPs as Tank / Heals ?

ItachiZaku
04.21.2014 , 09:00 AM | #31
I like a standard trilogy, even in tacticals. If I'm heals in a 3 dps group, one of them better take initiative and act tankish, if all 3 are acting a fool, i'll just DPS and self heal. I haven't had this problem though, a lot of pulls in there can easily kill you, if you go too far ahead (everyone else moves slower due to combat and you just get eaten).

Though I normally queue as tank, tank/3 dps kinda sucks cuz every more pulls I have to OOC regen since I'm a go go go tank in there. But If i have a healer, we are almost never out of combat. On my shadow, we eating well.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Darkelefantos
04.21.2014 , 10:10 AM | #32
It doesn't depend on the role you're playing, really, it depends on how good you're playing it. For example, my quickest run through Assault on Tython was done with 2 Tanks and 2 DPS, while my slowest Korriban Incursion was done with 4 DPS (which can be attributed to the fact that 2 of them were Sents and 1 a Vanguard, meaning they stacked all the AoE mobs on top of each other, better yet, on top of my poor Slinger ).
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

ShaanuJaanu
04.22.2014 , 03:12 AM | #33
Only thing I can say is, 4 DPS is the better choice for bosses, makes boss fights quicker. A healer will make the trash potion quicker. If we are just looking at the trash part of KDY, then running 3 dps & 1heal is best, followed by 1 tank & 3 dps.
Sentinel - Aggronawt
The Shadowlands