Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 07:01 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
I was around during release when games only counted wins.

Know what happened? If the team was not optimal and started off winning, half the people gave up while a good majority just abandoned the game assuring the loss.

With a team of 4v4 we will end up with one team recognizing a couple of good players and abandoning the game. Maybe 1 or 2 people will stick around, but that will guarantee a loss before the game even starts.

Keep it like normal warzones where loses count for half the total of a win. We do not have the population for ranked PvP to cater only for winners.
People DC from ranked games, but they very rarely leave them willingly, even if they think they're gonna lose- because it's ranked. When they divide the ranked quests into solo and group-specific quests (hopefully soon after 2.7.1), I think making the group quests grant 1 completion point for losses and 2 wins (like regs) would be good, as this would incentive group ranked. There would be no concerns about unprepared players taking advantage of the comm rewards from the quest and screwing over their teammates, since they would obviously be mutually consenting to queue with each other when they form their group.

idnewton
04.21.2014 , 07:02 PM | #52
Lock outs don't stop people from leaving a game they think they will lose. Look at warzones. People still leave if they think their team isn't optimal or their team starts losing.

We do not have the population for ranked Warzones to cater only to winning teams.
Yup, I totally agree. The new incentive to play Ranked will definitely not entice anyone else to queue.

PS: No, I will not look at Warzones, and I cannot believe that you think they are a legitimate example of anything. Warzones don't have a lockout either. If they did, people wouldn't leave. People leave games because they realize (or at least think they realize) they will lose. They see no value in staying, because they could get back into queue and get another game and another chance faster than if they had stayed. If they are locked out of the queue for 15 minutes, leaving will not benefit them at all.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

MCaliban
04.21.2014 , 07:04 PM | #53
I feel kind of bad. Now instead of weighing down teams nine times a week, I'll be doing it until I get nine wins.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

idnewton
04.21.2014 , 07:07 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
this would incentive group ranked. There would be no concerns about unprepared players taking advantage of the comm rewards from the quest and screwing over their teammates, since they would obviously be mutually consenting to queue with each other when they form their group.
This.

Once again, Bioware, please respond to this idea. If you allow solo queue to count for these dailies, it will destroy the solo queue altogether. If you restrict it to group queue only, you give the PvP community as a whole a much bigger reason to group queue, and the dangers of apathetic group members disappear.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 07:09 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
I feel kind of bad. Now instead of weighing down teams nine times a week, I'll be doing it until I get nine wins.
People will be going against you more than they get you on their team, if it's a same faction match at least

illgot
04.21.2014 , 07:12 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
This is what will happen.

The already small population that does ranked Warzones will not grow because of the dailies or weeklies.

The losing team will start to abandon the match after the first loss or if they notice their opposition is good at PvP.

Not everyone cares about their rank so will just keep abandoning and requeuing until they complete their dailes and weeklies.

This will guarantee the loss of games for more serious players and will drive a good number of those players away from the solo queue.

Solo queue for Ranked PvP will shrink to nothing and only Team ranked PvP will pop.

MCaliban
04.21.2014 , 07:13 PM | #57
People will be going against you more than they get you on their team, if it's a same faction match at least
I'm helping... in my own special way?
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 07:14 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
This.

Once again, Bioware, please respond to this idea. If you allow solo queue to count for these dailies, it will destroy the solo queue altogether. If you restrict it to group queue only, you give the PvP community as a whole a much bigger reason to group queue, and the dangers of apathetic group members disappear.
You do understand that I'm advocating for separate quests for solo AND group, with only wins counting towards solo ranked quest completion, and losses counting 1x and wins counting 2X for group ranked quest completion. Right?

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 07:22 PM | #59
This is what will happen.

The already small population that does ranked Warzones will not grow because of the dailies or weeklies.

The losing team will start to abandon the match after the first loss or if they notice their opposition is good at PvP.

Not everyone cares about their rank so will just keep abandoning and requeuing until they complete their dailes and weeklies.

This will guarantee the loss of games for more serious players and will drive a good number of those players away from the solo queue.

Solo queue for Ranked PvP will shrink to nothing and only Team ranked PvP will pop.
I really don't think that's how it's gonna go down.

illgot
04.21.2014 , 07:46 PM | #60
I really don't think that's how it's gonna go down.
Player attitude has not changed.

If there is zero reward why stick around?

For fun? How many people play every game over and over and over and over and over and over just for fun without any hope for reward?

Zero reward means they will just abandon the game and eventually stop queuing.

This has already been proved when warzones only rewarded the winners.