Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are we supposed to add items to the collections when they cant be collected?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How are we supposed to add items to the collections when they cant be collected?

JattaGin
04.21.2014 , 01:12 PM | #11
Like the titles you could only get on the PTS two years ago or so? Yeah, I'd wish them out of the collections, because that causes me to never be able to get 100% titles in collections. I understand if some ultra rare items stay in collections, because there is at least a theoretical chance that someone sells it on the GTN one day, but some things are 100% not obtainable (anymore).

The whole collections window is a mess anyway. BW, please clean it up, add some sorting possibilities etc. Thank you. (Sorry, that's actually a different topic.)

DarthDymond
04.21.2014 , 01:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Like the titles you could only get on the PTS two years ago or so? Yeah, I'd wish them out of the collections, because that causes me to never be able to get 100% titles in collections. I understand if some ultra rare items stay in collections, because there is at least a theoretical chance that someone sells it on the GTN one day, but some things are 100% not obtainable (anymore).

The whole collections window is a mess anyway. BW, please clean it up, add some sorting possibilities etc. Thank you. (Sorry, that's actually a different topic.)
There still should be a place for the unobtainable items in the Collections Menu and the Achievements Menu, but in both cases they should be moved out into a separate tab or sub-category.

WoW had exactly the right idea with the "Feats of Strength" tab for their achievement system.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Darth-Obvious
04.21.2014 , 03:57 PM | #13
How about the Gannifari pet? It doesn't show up in the Pets tab or anywhere else even though it's a pet I own.

Also what about items, weapons, armors, etc, that you have achieved that were hard to get like PVE/PVP gear? Wouldn't players like to have some record of that in their Collection?

And as others have said the Collections interface really needs to be cleaned up. It's really messy at this point. Not every sub category needs to be broken down by the packs. Stuff like Emotes, Toys, etc, doesn't specific pack break downs. If you want to see what the specific packs contain they're all right there near the top.

Brucesim
04.21.2014 , 06:14 PM | #14
It would be nice if there was a "show only collected" option.

Lagboot
04.21.2014 , 06:25 PM | #15
Here is a logical answer to your inability to refrain from ignorance: Wait until the items that are not working are fixed in the next patch.

I swear this guy is 10 years old or just trolling for chatter.
Do, or do not............there is no try.

LeJarC
04.30.2014 , 11:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lagboot View Post
Here is a logical answer to your inability to refrain from ignorance: Wait until the items that are not working are fixed in the next patch.

I swear this guy is 10 years old or just trolling for chatter.
come again? who said they were broken? noncollectable means they are no longer available. Not that they aren't working... but if you want to wait till they're 'fixed' in a next patch, be my guest. Gonna be a long wait though.

AlrikFassbauer
04.30.2014 , 12:10 PM | #17
Only complete SETS can be collected, not individual pieces, sadly.
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

XiamaraSimi
04.30.2014 , 12:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
How about the Gannifari pet? It doesn't show up in the Pets tab or anywhere else even though it's a pet I own.
This. I have it on my original characters, but none of my newer alts have it, and its one of the cutest pets in the game.
The Parthenopaeus Legacy Jung Ma The Ebon Hawk
"Let another claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield." -- Darth Marr

Duskrequim
04.30.2014 , 01:17 PM | #19
I would hope that eventually they will allow a person to click on an item in collections that they do not have and get an option to Buy it with Cartel Coins.... that way we can get those items that were 1 time or no longer available.

I am a pet collector.. I have almost every single pet in game... (minus a few)... however the special ones available through game invites for other games... and the cartel coin cards from other stores and countries... are impossible to get and should be buyable.