Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
04.21.2014 , 03:22 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaistlin View Post
Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.
The upcoming (in 2.7.1) Ranked Missions only progress from wins. They are completed with 3 wins for the daily and 9 for the weekly. We will see how those amounts work in the wild and adjust accordingly.

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

DarthVengeant
04.21.2014 , 03:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaistlin View Post
Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.
We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 03:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.
Don't listen to this casual scrub Alex. This prevents players who know they have no chance of performing well in ranked from queuing, willing to take a beating if they know they're gonna get extra comms from the quest.

Jadescythe
04.21.2014 , 03:36 PM | #14

Ranked isn't about playing or gearing up. Ranked is about winning. It only makes sense that the rewards would be driven by this.
I have opinions and stuff

AlexModny
04.21.2014 , 03:44 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember doing 20 games before and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.
This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Vodrin
04.21.2014 , 03:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
The problem you identify is not solved by your suggestion. You still get ranked comms for losing. It would be better if they would just make relics easier to obtain in PvE so those players don't feel compelled to PvP.
Or how about this crazy idea: make relics available from raiding that are BiS for PvE.

Vodrin
04.21.2014 , 03:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Ranked isn't about playing or gearing up. Ranked is about winning. It only makes sense that the rewards would be driven by this.
Exactly. While I tend to advocate systems that increase PvP participation, ranked is about competition not fair play hence having a rating associated with it. Ranked quest should be wins only. And this is coming from a player who plays on the less dominant faction and largely solos.

GenralKath
04.21.2014 , 04:16 PM | #18
Ranked quests only counting wins, with that sentiment I perfectly agree. People just queing for the sake of that daily/weekly waste the time of those competitive players who really want to win and potentially be the best. Especially in solo que. If you want to put together a 4 man and lose that way i don't really care, but don't be a douche in solo.

cashogy_reborn
04.21.2014 , 04:27 PM | #19
This game already rewards losing enough....

Losing should especially not be rewarded in a game mode where winning is supposed to be the only goal.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Wonkanerd
04.21.2014 , 04:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
Alex, you make me proud. Not only me, but all PvPers,