Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeffrenBrek
04.20.2014 , 07:31 PM | #111
How about an increased credit reward that puts us on par with the PvErs?
That would be a great start.

PifferPuff
04.21.2014 , 01:08 PM | #112
A few ideas that come to mind:

- What do you want the top reward to be?
Last time was an animal mount, so this time something more mechanical. ...And what better than a Basilisk War Droid as described in Wookieepedia.

- What do you want the middle rewards to be?
Another fluffy pet that proves that we did some Ranked PvP. Or, better yet, a unique color crystal. I do like what a previous poster had said about having a unique crystal that gave a slightly higher bonus to the Expertise stat. That could work for a mid-tier item. It's like, "you're good kid, but not that good...yet. Here, take this - looks like you'll need it."

- What do you want the lowest reward to be?
Similar to what another poster had mentioned, but instead, my take is... a Baron Deathmark plush doll decoration item for our strongholds (assuming that they will be ready for when Season 2 ends). An item to commemorate our participation in the Arenas, and the first(?) achievement decoration to coincide with the launch of the new strongholds.

L-RANDLE
04.21.2014 , 02:08 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
What did you drink or smoke ?
Death Sticks.. it was 4-20 after all...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

AlexModny
04.21.2014 , 03:27 PM | #114 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbo_Jawa View Post
Also, like others have said, the armor should have pre-installed MK-9 aug slots for the ones who live and breathe PVP (and don't make millions on a regular basis).
Interesting idea. We will discuss this.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Icebergy
04.21.2014 , 03:35 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
if you are going to do that, why not make Ops gear come with augment slots as well? Why do PvPers always think that they somehow should not have to do dailies for credits and yet PvEers still have to?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Projawa
04.21.2014 , 03:53 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Or up the credit rewards for PVP matches/dailies/weeklies.

L-RANDLE
04.21.2014 , 04:00 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
Or up the credit rewards for PVP matches/dailies/weeklies.
And introduce repair bills for deaths...

Not a good idea, BTW, but credits are only an issue for the people that don't understand how to get them. Here is a thread I made so you can see how easy credits are to obtain....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715215

Alex,
Don't entertain the MK-9 stuff. Crafting is already trivial in this game, don't kill it any further...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 04:34 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
if you are going to do that, why not make Ops gear come with augment slots as well? Why do PvPers always think that they somehow should not have to do dailies for credits and yet PvEers still have to?
PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?

kbyoung
04.21.2014 , 04:38 PM | #119
I am not here to comment on what rewards should be given. I am here to comment on the fact that the top 3 players for each AC for both solo and group ranked. I agree with the idea that the top players should get something special. Why not do it by server? Why restrict it to only the top 3 in the world? Not every server has the same consistency in ranked warzone pops and also not every server has the same player level going into these warzones. I feel certain people are in a way at a huge disadvantage to compete for these rewards. Since we don't have cross server pvp I suggest you should some how break it down so the top player(s) for their AC get the reward. Whether it is only the top player or top 3 per server, I believe it should be by server not overall.

HoloTweed
04.21.2014 , 04:50 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?
PvE comes with Repair Bills upon deaths. PvP does not. There should not be a significant increase to PvP credit rewards - at least not close to on par with PvE because there is ZERO risk or cost. Shoo!