Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is the next name purge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When is the next name purge?

horrorfaneightys
04.21.2014 , 10:43 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by wilsonstone View Post
Just guessing, but maybe this is the name in question: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729483
Somehow I expected the name he coveted to be more special than that. Oh well.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

AlienEyeTX
04.21.2014 , 10:48 AM | #122
This entire thread is an outrage! I can't believe this guy gets to take my name just because he wants it. Who thought this was a good idea? I demand compensation in the form of companion shower sequences being added to strongholds.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Styxx
04.21.2014 , 11:20 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by wilsonstone View Post
Just guessing, but maybe this is the name in question: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729483
He`s safe, it`s not one of mine And Charon would have sounded way better anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

wilsonstone
04.21.2014 , 11:57 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
This entire thread is an outrage! I can't believe this guy gets to take my name just because he wants it. Who thought this was a good idea? I demand compensation in the form of companion shower sequences being added to strongholds.
It didn't start off as crazy as it became. In the first few pages I was really interested by the "you can tell if a person is using a character thing"...until I realized you really can't. The only thing you can tell by the friends list is the person's name if they're offline. So if the character in question from the OP was level 33 last time they were online theres no real way to tell if they're leveling or not.....unless you happen to be logged in the same time they are. (I tested this myself in the beginning. Offline friends don't show level. )

Though shower sequences would be acceptable. Like the "Woohoo" animation in the Sims.

The-Uncreative
04.21.2014 , 12:11 PM | #125
Is getting a specific character name really this importand to people

To clarify: this is not sarcasm nor is it inteded to be offensive to anyone who lost/cant find their favorite/original character name.

I myself lost nearly all my character names in the two server merges, but I just cant imagine using them again. And not just because they now belong to someone else, but because those names I will never use again, those characters got a new wardrobe and a new name (some I deleted instead).

So if I had the chance to take back even one of those names, recreate my character with that name, I wouldn't do it.... that said, if anyone demanded one of my character names I wouldn't agree, haven't even used my free name-change tbh...

Say you got this name you so desperately want, would you truely be happy? whould the character that you lvled with the 'old' name still be yours? would it's personality stay the same? would it's look still reflect what you had in mind when you created it.... is it realy what you want? (if it is, perhaps you should take the sugesstion offered earlier and contact the person who has this name that you do desperately desire.)
I am everywhere*!!!
(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English speaking servers)
---> this is a referal Link.... if you do not wish to be my Referal Friend then don't click it

NoFishing
04.21.2014 , 12:39 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Yet taking a name that someone never really uses is alright? Sure they may be a subscriber, but holding a name hostage on another server while they play on their destination server is not right either.
It isn't being held hostage, and it isn't unjust in any way. Anymore than someone owning a vacation home that they never use is holding that home "hostage". Just because you want to live there, and they don't use it, doesn't give you the right to move in.

NoFishing
04.21.2014 , 12:42 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
It's not a matter of stealing the name, it's a matter of principal, if you are under lvl 50 and haven't played that toon for the past 10 days the name should be reset, this should also apply for even subscribers, once you hit lvl 50 however, all subscribers should be protected in the same right.
Yeah that would work great for military players on deployment. Or people that just want to take a vacation IRL.

EDIT: And why limit it to level 49s or below? Why not be able to steal names from level 55s too?

zachass
04.21.2014 , 12:47 PM | #128
I'm currently auctioning the name Spicyweiner. Let the bidding begin...
The Thelema Legacy on The Shadowlands

Wylf
04.21.2014 , 12:55 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by zachass View Post
I'm currently auctioning the name Spicyweiner. Let the bidding begin...
The correct spelling would be wiener, by the way. The sausages are named Wiener Würstchen. From "Wien", the German (and therefore correct!) name for Vienna.

I always wonder why english speakers tend to write it weiner.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

Reno_Tarshil
04.21.2014 , 01:01 PM | #130
Funny, I actually have a special alt named Chiron that is Level 33 that I've forgotten completely about.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.