Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We can report players ingame, what about...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We can report players ingame, what about...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fevee
04.20.2014 , 09:11 PM | #1
Can we report forum-goers? In these very forums, if someone is being rude, disruptive, or all-out obnoxious, isn't there a way to report that individual? Sure, they're a subscriber and are thus allowed to post here. But if they seem to only desire to be a miscreant, can action not be taken against them?

Infernixx
04.20.2014 , 09:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Fevee View Post
Can we report forum-goers? In these very forums, if someone is being rude, disruptive, or all-out obnoxious, isn't there a way to report that individual? Sure, they're a subscriber and are thus allowed to post here. But if they seem to only desire to be a miscreant, can action not be taken against them?
What we need is a button that would allow us to Report a Post that goes against forum rules and standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Fevee
04.20.2014 , 09:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
What we need is a button that would allow us to Report a Post that goes against forum rules and standards.
Do I have to go into the guy's list of posts and report every single one? Or can I report the user, himself, since every single post he makes seems to be looking for trouble.

MillionsKNives
04.20.2014 , 09:42 PM | #4
Report the offending post and then ignore them if you don't like reading what they say.

Fevee
04.20.2014 , 10:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Report the offending post and then ignore them if you don't like reading what they say.
I've tried.

Instead of Troll: "Trololololo." I might as well see Troll is still trolololololing. There's not much point.
Ignore doesn't block their communications, like SWTOR.

Reno_Tarshil
04.21.2014 , 12:44 AM | #6
Just avoid the user and any thread/post they make. Report them if they do something you think is wrong and let the mods handle it.

If they deem the user as doing something wrong they will take action, if not oh well.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

OddballEasyEight
04.21.2014 , 01:08 AM | #7
Or if you are a very vindictive and driven person, you could always just report eveyr rude post they have ever made... I bet that'll get the mods attention :P (maby not the way you want tho)

horrorfaneightys
04.21.2014 , 02:30 AM | #8
Do I have to go into the guy's list of posts and report every single one? Or can I report the user, himself, since every single post he makes seems to be looking for trouble.
Unfortunately, yes. Would be nice to be able to just report them - especially if they seem to be here to be as distuptive as possible, and nearly every post they make has an insult in it.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

Wylf
04.21.2014 , 02:35 AM | #9
Eh, the reason for that is a simple one - if you report nasty posts the Moderator just needs to look at one post to determine if (s)he needs to take action. If you report a user it would require a lot of sifting through posts to figure out why you reported him.

Dealing with it on a post by post basis is just easier for the mod-team.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

CommunityDroidEU
04.21.2014 , 11:37 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Greetings All,

To the OP, yes, you certainly can report a post in the forum. Simply flag it for us and we can handle it from there.

As for flagging every single post, it isn't completely necessary. Though as Wylf pointed out it can help us better track any posts made.

Thanks!