Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthRaistlin
04.19.2014 , 01:23 PM | #1
Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.

teclado
04.19.2014 , 01:36 PM | #2
I cringe every time that I see it, so I have to do this. I'm sorry...

there - as in "over there"
their - as in "their PVE gear"
they're - as in "they are" or "they're in regs getting killed..."

ON TOPIC:
It seems like ranked pvp is having an identity crisis. Is it hardcore? If so, you want an atmosphere that discourages casuals (which is sort of what we have now), meaning that you get longer queue times but a higher overall level of play. Is it for everybody? If so, you want an atmosphere that encourages casuals, meaning shorter queue times but a lower overall level of play. I really don't think that you're going to get the best of both.
Teclado Sage | Tecládo Guardian | Lycone Vanguard
"It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it."
The Harbinger

Master-Nala
04.19.2014 , 02:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaistlin View Post
Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.
The problem you identify is not solved by your suggestion. You still get ranked comms for losing. It would be better if they would just make relics easier to obtain in PvE so those players don't feel compelled to PvP.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

Z-ToXiN
04.19.2014 , 04:17 PM | #4
I agree entirely.

Make ranked dailies and weeklies WINS ONLY.

We don't want people coming and throwing games just so they can get their daily done.

We want to encourage competition, not farming.

Make it like 2 or 3 wins for the daily, thats really not a lot.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

IInox
04.19.2014 , 04:21 PM | #5
mm I totally agree this idea
[Shadow DPS] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
All 3 Shadow/Assassin Spec Compendiums ( Updated Inf/Dec for 3.0!!)

HeatRacer
04.19.2014 , 04:34 PM | #6
Disagree. You're still going to have bad-mediocre players q'ing up, and they'll continue to q up in attempts to try and get wins. Meanwhile, the ones constantly beating them will get more comms, on top of accomplishing their dailies. It's a case of "the rich get richer..." as the gap between top-geared players and non- only gets wider, faster.

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage "bad" players (often translated as "anyone not me") from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.

Z-ToXiN
04.19.2014 , 04:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post
Disagree. You're still going to have bad-mediocre players q'ing up, and they'll continue to q up in attempts to try and get wins. Meanwhile, the ones constantly beating them will get more comms, on top of accomplishing their dailies. It's a case of "the rich get richer..." as the gap between top-geared players and non- only gets wider, faster.

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage "bad" players (often translated as "anyone not me") from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.
The point is to discourage "unprepared" players moreso than "bad" players. The bads are going to be there anyway. Im more concerned about the 26k health fresh 55 with green gear, no stim, no augments, and no grenades who is lured by the nice and shiny "daily."

That problem could also be solved by a gear requirement for rateds, which would be the better solution.

Requiring wins, not games played, would encourage competition and effort, as opposed to people who queue up for arenas and take their 4 daily beatings then go back into regs.

Anyone could still que up for arenas; but if they want the daily they will have to EARN it. Whats so bad about actually requiring people to win and earn their rewards?
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

JediMasterSLC
04.19.2014 , 05:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage players from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.
Not really. Having only wins count would encourage prepared players to Q, while not encouraging unprepared players to do so. Bads/undergeareds who know they have a low chance of winning might be willing to Q a few games if it meant more comms from the daily. This would decrease the chances of them queuing.

HeatRacer
04.19.2014 , 05:52 PM | #9
If we agree that "bads" will be there anyways, then it's best to let losses count for 2 reasons:

1. Gets them geared up quicker if they get more comms from fulfilled dailies.
2. Gets them to stop q'ing quicker since they won't have to keep chasing the rare and elusive win.

Kerensk
04.21.2014 , 03:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
It seems like ranked pvp is having an identity crisis. Is it hardcore? If so, you want an atmosphere that discourages casuals (which is sort of what we have now), meaning that you get longer queue times but a higher overall level of play. Is it for everybody? If so, you want an atmosphere that encourages casuals, meaning shorter queue times but a lower overall level of play. I really don't think that you're going to get the best of both.
This.

And I have to say I'd rather have ranked population be as large as regs, pve baddies and all, then let the rankings sort people out. As people have already said, requiring wins won't stop baddies from playing it will just keep them in longer while they grind out the rare win or wait for somebody to carry them.

If they're really that bad and you're really that good the rankings should divide you up. That is unless the population stays low like it is now, where the lack of players forces you to play with the bads no matter what happens.

Tl;Dr
The more players the more likely you'll play with team of your skill, against a team of your skill.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”