Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vandicus
04.18.2014 , 10:39 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wow...that's weak Eric. The word "creation" indicated NEW...this is very disappointing. How on earth is it your team can't come up with anything more than 1 freaking mission type for PvP Eric? In MMOs, incentive is everything!
I think you're stretching a bit on this one. Rereading it, there seems to be no intent to mislead players. I had assumed when I read it the first time that it'd be just like the regular warzone quest rewards.

Something more in the greater scheme to consider is, did it take them this long to do incentives, or was it just not high on their priority list till just recently? Compared to the speed with which this is being added, the Ilum changes near launch occurred at light speed. However, it seems very unlikely that the coming up with the idea for the quest and making the change would take them this much time. If they've just recently switched their attention to PvP, it might be a good sign of things to come and greater responsiveness to the PvP community.

Overall they've only delivered 3 major community requests for PvP(regardless of whether you liked or dislike them, there was widespread support for these features).

Arenas
Ranked
New Hutt Ball

It'd be possible to create a very long list of things they haven't done, but that is possible for anything, as the things any person hasn't done is infinitely longer than the things they have(so I use things accomplished as a means to measure and compare).

You might recall it took forever for season 1 ranked to get off the ground, with an extremely long pre-season. Here we're having a very short pre-season, and actual attention devoted to incentives to PvP. Its quite possible they'll pay much more attention to feedback regarding incentives than they have in the past.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

TUXs
04.18.2014 , 11:07 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I think you're stretching a bit on this one. Rereading it, there seems to be no intent to mislead players. I had assumed when I read it the first time that it'd be just like the regular warzone quest rewards.
What in my comment is a "stretch"? I didn't mean to imply they mislead players intentionally (but clearly the comments did). It's just extremely disappointing to me - and others (read the replies).

Simply adding ONE new quest exclusively to promote Ranked play, would have been GREAT incentive...just one...even a crappy duplicate of the other WZ quests...just ONE thing that pushes Ranked...but they didn't...they seem incapable of thinking beyond what we have.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Vandicus
04.18.2014 , 11:15 AM | #123
What in my comment is a "stretch"? I didn't mean to imply they mislead players intentionally (but clearly the comments did). It's just extremely disappointing to me - and others (read the replies).

Simply adding ONE new quest exclusively to promote Ranked play, would have been GREAT incentive...just one...even a crappy duplicate of the other WZ quests...just ONE thing that pushes Ranked...but they didn't...they seem incapable of thinking beyond what we have.
Maybe I missed something. Aren't the quests a duplicate of the warzone daily and weekly, except solely for ranked queues? I thought the issue regarding the quests was that they didn't distinguish between solo and group ranked?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Jadescythe
04.18.2014 , 12:14 PM | #124
Maybe I missed something. Aren't the quests a duplicate of the warzone daily and weekly, except solely for ranked queues? I thought the issue regarding the quests was that they didn't distinguish between solo and group ranked?
This is correct. You can enter either queue to complete the quest.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

JediMasterSLC
04.18.2014 , 01:47 PM | #125
Yes, obviously there should be separate quests for both solo and group.

As far people complaining that solo ranked will be filled with bads now: lower average skill level in ranked may not jive with us philosophically, but at this point we have to worry more about population and ensuring that the few remaining good players actually get consistent pops. The better solo ranked players will be able to carry even harder now. And sure, any particular rating- such as 2000- won't be as impressive anymore, but it's not like BW was gonna make the tier 1 cutoff hard to get anyway. And there's still the top 3 per AC thing to go for (which hopefully they make top 1-2 per server instead, since it makes no sense to do it game-wide if there's no cross server).

CmdrShpd
04.18.2014 , 02:02 PM | #126

Unless I'm just confused--which admittedly happens from time to time--it seems that what you're asking for is exactly what they provided. A new quest specifically to incentivize ranked play. Can you clarify what you're complaining about here, because I simply don't understand it.

TUXs
04.18.2014 , 05:08 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
Unless I'm just confused--which admittedly happens from time to time--it seems that what you're asking for is exactly what they provided. A new quest specifically to incentivize ranked play. Can you clarify what you're complaining about here, because I simply don't understand it.
>.< well...don't I feel foolish. I believe you're correct...I was reading it as being the same quests we currently have, only they were going to now count solo or group ranked towards the daily/weekly. If they are adding 2 new quests to incentivize ranked, I'm happy.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthDymond
04.18.2014 , 09:48 PM | #128
>.< well...don't I feel foolish. I believe you're correct...I was reading it as being the same quests we currently have, only they were going to now count solo or group ranked towards the daily/weekly. If they are adding 2 new quests to incentivize ranked, I'm happy.
For a second when I first read that post I took it the same way you did, so don't feel too bad.

But yeah, they are adding a new "Ranked Daily" and a new "Ranked Weekly", they just are not adding in separate new "Solo Ranked Daily", "Group Ranked Daily", "Solo Ranked Weekly" and "Group Ranked Weekly" quests. We're getting 2 new quests, but the original (now corrected) post indicated 4.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Rasen
04.19.2014 , 07:29 AM | #129
Say your hail mary fifty times and give me a hundred push ups and I am sure the forum community will forgive you.

I am also very happy to see a ranked pvp quest. Long overdue IMO. I just hope the reward is very enticing. I know this will definitely encourage my guildies to queue up for ranked and hell one of them might even subscribe just to do it. Played this game for ages and never subbed. Ranked play being more rewarding would push him closer to that.

CmdrShpd
04.19.2014 , 08:51 AM | #130
Great! I'm looking forward to this too, though I have yet to play a single ranked game and don't have the proper gear yet (but I will before I queue, I promise!).