Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your top 3 disappointments from 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your top 3 disappointments from 2.7

varietasplus
04.18.2014 , 10:07 PM | #31
I think there should be separated top 3 for things you dislike about 2.7 and thing not done in 2.7.

Dislike:
1. Killing unique skill trees owing to bads and noobs whining, making PVP trees inferior. In the meantime, "strange" (what an understatement) class buffs, I wonder if the combat team plays the game on a regular basis.
2. The very same PVE gear that was better than previous Tier 1 PVP (Conqueror) is still equal to/better than current Tier 1 PVP (Obroan), exchanging Tier 2 (Brutalizer) is still not worth it owing to marginal difference.
3. PVP FAQ responds.

Not done in 2.7:
1. Cross-server and matchmaking in warzones
2. Reworking resolve bar
3. Removing stats and reworking gear grind for level55 PVP.

And here are my top 3 things I liked about 2.7:
1. -
2. -
3. -

MotorCityMan
04.18.2014 , 10:16 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
1. Queshball
2. Juggernaut over buff
3. Brutalizer visually is just a copy of another gear set
Pretty good list.

Drahy
04.18.2014 , 10:30 PM | #33
1) Sorc "new" bubble is useless ... Effect is now for 8 seconds down from 10 - "the non-interrupt" effect after bubble ends which is there for 4 seconds (if you hold the bubble for entire 8s duration) can be interrupted by Force leap by Guardians/Sentinels or interrupted by any CC like stuns or other => IN YOUR FACE SORC => useless ONLY ONE defensive spell of sage where you cannot move, cannot deal dmg, cannot heal and cannot carry the ball with it ... together with light armor and no other defensive spell it makes sages even more useless in PVP if they are focused

2) Bugs still not being fixed for more than 15 months like this one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707888 (effects of dots are taken by other players dots)

3) Full PVE with no skill first time in warzone (with more than 40k HP) is still better with gear and survivability than full PVP skilled player (tank-players mostly).

DerSchneider
04.18.2014 , 11:58 PM | #34
1) Totally broken balance (Juggernauts doublehealth, sorcs afterbubbling, nerfs of smuggs-agents etc. )
2) "The pit of sh*t" (Quesh huttball)
3) New flashpoints are still dull and boring.
I really want to whine again about stunlock, but I already have filled my 3. Damn, It's NOT funny. Pvp is not dynamic and because of increasing stats It's possible now to global/get globalled. This is not funny too.

jaxxxster
04.19.2014 , 12:15 AM | #35
1) Removal of opener of ops/scoundrels - really took all the fun out of the class
2) New Gear that looks boring and the same and is barely an upgrade over previous tier - pure grindfest. feels like no progression.
3) Quesh Huttball - lagfest, really BW?

Luckeyduckey
04.19.2014 , 12:39 AM | #36
1. People still play this game
2. Who cares?
3. Bye.
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist

Xienive
04.19.2014 , 01:29 AM | #37
1. Removal of KD's from both stealth classes that has been there since launch due to ignorant people not being able to grasp the concept of it.
2. The layout of the new Huttball (The only thing I really like about is the commentating in the beginning)
3. New tier of gear was 100% unneeded and only adds another stupid grind that nobody with alts wanted to do. On top of that it's the same ugly skin that nobody would ever guess is from Star Wars that hasn't played this game.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

AlrikFassbauer
04.19.2014 , 09:06 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ilifus View Post
Those are mine:

1. The removed knock down from the Concealment tree (the class is not enjoyable anymore)
2. The Sorcs/Sages buble after the immunity buble (seriously how many bubles they have)
3. The new Huttball (it is just verry laggy)
Translation : "I was used to pwn Sorcs with my Concealment OP, but now I can't anymore. Lots of whining and QQ".

Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
1. Removal of KD's from both stealth classes that has been there since launch due to ignorant people not being able to grasp the concept of it.
Surprise, surprise, none of the Stealth Class players openly came here and explained their KDs to the masses before that ... Seemingly assuming everyone already knew it from pülaying a stealthed class as an alt ...
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Xienive
04.19.2014 , 09:11 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Translation : "I was used to pwn Sorcs with my Concealment OP, but now I can't anymore. Lots of whining and QQ".

Surprise, surprise, none of the Stealth Class players openly came here and explained their KDs to the masses before that ... Seemingly assuming everyone already knew it from pülaying a stealthed class as an alt ...
There are plenty of classes that I don't play as an alt and I fully understand their abilities, a knockdown isn't any harder to understand than any other ability.

At least you would think
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

foxmob
04.19.2014 , 09:39 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
hold the phone! they actually did take it away from spinning strike/spike? LMAO

jesus! I obviously haven't played my sin since patch. haven't even redone the spec tree (leveling alts before sub expires), but that's just...wow! horrible nerf to ops. ops rightfully cry "W-T-F? how come sins can still do it?" so BW's brilliant solution is to eliminate the abil from sins' repertoire as well? June 6 cannot come fast enough.

there IS too much CC in this game. however, taking CC away from squishy stealth classes is the opposite of what should happen. let's address the fact that PTs have two hard stuns and (now) excellent dcds. why, pray tell, does a dps VG need two hard stuns...except, perhaps, to interrupt an otherwise uninterruptable ravage/sage, who has that uninterrupt in the first place as a part of the arms race created by all the CC?

sorry to hijack the thread there. kinda had my head in the sand, and that caught me by surprise.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.