Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is the next name purge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When is the next name purge?

RaithHarth
04.18.2014 , 08:58 AM | #1
I noticed there is still some names out there that aren't in use anymore, either they dropped their subs completely or they are playing on another server while still maintaining that name on another but aren't currently using it which is just silly.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

sepulhead
04.18.2014 , 09:21 AM | #2
the namestealers are never happy are they, always demanding to steal the name of others, if you want it get it b4 anyone else

Hoshkar
04.18.2014 , 09:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sepulhead View Post
the namestealers are never happy are they, always demanding to steal the name of others, if you want it get it b4 anyone else

pretty much... Try coming up with something more original then Chair next time and I am sure it will not be taken. I made 16 characters on this game when I started a few months ago, and not a single one was already taken!
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

wilsonstone
04.18.2014 , 09:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I noticed there is still some names out there that aren't in use anymore, either they dropped their subs completely or they are playing on another server while still maintaining that name on another but aren't currently using it which is just silly.
I'm curious, how do you know they aren't playing? If they've switched to another server I don't think they should lose their names. They might plan on coming back in the future. I know I'd be a little ticked off if I started on another server, then came back only to find my name had been taken....

DarthTHC
04.18.2014 , 09:42 AM | #5
There's no reason not to free up names given the criteria BioWare used last time to do it. They're basically freeing up names on characters that are unlikely to be used now or in the future. Why not let someone who's actually playing the game use them?

Hoshkar
04.18.2014 , 09:49 AM | #6
To be honest...why would you want someones old name? Who knows what kind of reputation that person might of had.... No thanks, I will come up with my own
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Tungstenses
04.18.2014 , 09:59 AM | #7
All of my characters are named after star wars planets, except one. I have coreilla, christophsis, ziost, and velmor. And then there is tungsten.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldorans View Post
Reading tooltips in an MMO is like reading an instruction manual for a self assembly chest of drawers. It's only for noobs or possibly homosexuals. Real men don't read, they do.
http://http://www.swtor.com/r/prnpWZ Click that for REFER A FRIEND! I get free stuff and so do you!

DarthTHC
04.18.2014 , 10:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tungstenses View Post
All of my characters are named after star wars planets, except one. I have coreilla, christophsis, ziost, and velmor. And then there is tungsten.
Neat. I'm surprised the game doesn't block those.

RaithHarth
04.18.2014 , 10:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wilsonstone View Post
I'm curious, how do you know they aren't playing? If they've switched to another server I don't think they should lose their names. They might plan on coming back in the future. I know I'd be a little ticked off if I started on another server, then came back only to find my name had been taken....
Because I checked to see if the name was still in use by adding the username to my friends list, it's been lvl 33 since last year.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Vandicus
04.18.2014 , 10:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
To be honest...why would you want someones old name? Who knows what kind of reputation that person might of had.... No thanks, I will come up with my own
Given that the characters need to be unplayed for an extended period of time on sub-level 30s on f2p accounts, I doubt any of them had much of a reputation, good or bad.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!