Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spinning Strikes can we please get this ability soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Spinning Strikes can we please get this ability soon?

AGSThomas
04.14.2014 , 10:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
force cloak: any DoT

phase walk: its good to get away when you are being focused, when someone tries to shut you down with distance, chances are PW will just increase the distance, also it has to be preset, so it is a combination of proactive + reactive (which is fine considering how amazing the ability is, just it is a little more situational than others).

force speed: any root or KB (or both )

low slash: only 4m

shroud: predictable, easy to spot and 1 minute CD. I always save my sorc's force speed for when an assassin wants to use shroud + force speed against me.

Just in case you are misunderstanding me, I am not saying the assassin is in a horrible spot or is easy to defeat. If BW leaves the assassin alone and doesn't change anything, I would not cry at all and I would continue playing and have fun on this class. But for people who played this class and understand it, it is easily kite-able. Distance and roots affect this class more than any other melee because they have no range and no decent gap closer (especially full deception).
So are you saying a well played Sorc beats a well played Assassin?
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

sithBracer
04.14.2014 , 10:42 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
So are you saying a well played Sorc beats a well played Assassin?
Yes. A well played sorc who understands the assassin's weakness can shut him down with ease provided there is enough space to move around. Engineering snipers can do it as well, I usually only speak from the sorcs perspective because that is the class I have the most experience in. Vigilance and carnage also have always been a good counter for us (though carnage is easier to handle because of their small window of gore).
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mßkaela - assassin in the shadows

IInox
04.14.2014 , 12:49 PM | #73
force cloak: any DoT

phase walk: its good to get away when you are being focused, when someone tries to shut you down with distance, chances are PW will just increase the distance, also it has to be preset, so it is a combination of proactive + reactive (which is fine considering how amazing the ability is, just it is a little more situational than others).

force speed: any root or KB (or both )

low slash: only 4m

shroud: predictable, easy to spot and 1 minute CD. I always save my sorc's force speed for when an assassin wants to use shroud + force speed against me.

Just in case you are misunderstanding me, I am not saying the assassin is in a horrible spot or is easy to defeat. If BW leaves the assassin alone and doesn't change anything, I would not cry at all and I would continue playing and have fun on this class. But for people who played this class and understand it, it is easily kite-able. Distance and roots affect this class more than any other melee because they have no range and no decent gap closer (especially full deception).
what.

OMGitsCHARLIE
04.14.2014 , 12:56 PM | #74
Yes. A well played sorc who understands the assassin's weakness can shut him down with ease provided there is enough space to move around. Engineering snipers can do it as well, I usually only speak from the sorcs perspective because that is the class I have the most experience in. Vigilance and carnage also have always been a good counter for us (though carnage is easier to handle because of their small window of gore).
ohai

Considering the new egress/fadeout change, lightning sorcs/tk sages can easily kite assassins now. A sorc who utilizes their slow, knockbacks, and force speed at the right time will be a nightmare for assassins.

At 2 minutes of this video this sage is giving some assassin fits: http://youtu.be/gFtDnjLFTL8?t=2m

Evolixe
04.14.2014 , 01:04 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGitsCHARLIE View Post
ohai

Considering the new egress/fadeout change, lightning sorcs/tk sages can easily kite assassins now. A sorc who utilizes their slow, knockbacks, and force speed at the right time will be a nightmare for assassins.

At 2 minutes of this video this sage is giving some assassin fits: http://youtu.be/gFtDnjLFTL8?t=2m
Madness will be a real pain in the *** now with egress yeah. Other specs will be just the same.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Iona_Var
04.14.2014 , 03:28 PM | #76
I'm not too big on pvp but you could also play hybrid spec as a sin or shadow.......3 stuns at your disposal(4 if you count whirlwind) plus the ranged ability of deathfield+crushing darkness, and the other abilities you have. Yeah I don't think we are exactly "easy" to shut down. Like I've stated before, no we aren't the best at pvp, we could use some tweaks to madness in that respect, but by no means are we the worst or the easiest to play against.
"Fight all you want. In the end, we will prevail." -Dread Master Calphayus

Kingsbount
04.17.2014 , 07:36 PM | #77
Jeez... Why thread about spinning strikes become PVP thread?
Who cares about sorc vs snipe vs jugg vs op?

What thread's name? "Spinning Strikes, can we please get this ability soon?"

Then for the love of God, cut off your PVP theories.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

Prideth
04.18.2014 , 05:10 PM | #78
bump