Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xeikonburns
04.16.2014 , 03:36 AM | #751
What i'm still wondering about is the fact, that with integrating a galaxy wide game host like Giradda the Hutt lorewise, why don't you focus on a "competetive series" hosted by Giradda or any other hutt?

With Arenas closely resembling classic 4on4 TeamDeathmatch, Huttball beeing the new Capture the Flag (or Bombing Run like in the UnrealTournament Series), Hypergates beeing Domination and e.g. Voidstar beeing the Assault-Type, you could easily spam the PvP Crowd with new Maps of the same mode with a different layout, just like the Shooter-Games did in the good old days
And this approach is working within the multiplayer shooter genre since the early 2000s, so i see no real reason for TOR trying a totally new way of Battlegrounds for every new BG.

Simply by changing the map layouts there could be so many various new options and tactics and in my opinion most of the PvP Players would be satisfied with it

And only with a brief look over the galaxy i guess there is a bunch of old facilities and abandoned temples and ruins that a business-minded hutt could easily convert in a exiting Arena for the Galaxy's biggest Gameseries
Meister Roizan | Meister Shian'za | Major Dharane | Captain Syranio
Darth Xeikon | CdgJ Ozario | Agent Jarican | Ryozan

Gildenleiter von Finally Fixed - www.finally-fixed.de - T3-M4
REKRUTIERUNG OFFEN

kirbyshocksword
04.16.2014 , 04:28 AM | #752
You guys should make a warzone.

It could either on taris or balmorra, where each player is assigned to a role, (ex snipers can be lookouts juggs can be defense blockade etc)
The objective is to take over the other outpost and players are immune to sleep darts and stuff.
One outpost is on one side, other out post is on other side, there are also shifts between players guarding.
If no one is guarding the outpost, the last person that left it will not spawn until the next round, after the 3m round is done.
If someone goes out if bounds they will not spawn until the round is over.
It take 9 second to take the outpost, the more people the faster it gets taken.
If no outpost is taken, each team will get 10 points each, if both outposts are taken, the team when both gets 200 points and if one outpost is taken per team, they will get 150 points each.
Guarding shifts happen every minute, so be prepared.
Game ends when one team gets 600 points.
Since there has to be a host, Darth marr will help host for imperial side and Satele shan for the republic side for this training session.
I play on Progenitor and Harbringer.

Characters: Jolc, Vanguard. Tezel, Powertech. Blizzard, Operative. Kozer, Merc. Keko'a, Sentinel. Retiv, Assassin. Find, Sniper.
Legacy level 48 and 20.

Drudenfusz
04.16.2014 , 05:11 AM | #753
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
That would be amazing! I enjoy the commander aspect seen in other games and would be pretty cool to command groups/striketeams in Warzones. How would the commander be incentivized to be a "good commander"? How would players be incentivized to follow the commander's orders? Would you queue to be a commander or would it be random/top Valor once you got into the Warzone? What are the benefits and drawbacks of each?
I like the top valour approach, since valour seems to be quite pointless at the moment and still it shows that someone has quite some PvP experience in SWTOR.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Dark_Fantasm
04.16.2014 , 09:00 AM | #754
That would be amazing! I enjoy the commander aspect seen in other games and would be pretty cool to command groups/striketeams in Warzones. How would the commander be incentivized to be a "good commander"? How would players be incentivized to follow the commander's orders? Would you queue to be a commander or would it be random/top Valor once you got into the Warzone? What are the benefits and drawbacks of each?
1) Commanders get points when someone carries out their orders. (eg. "X, go heal Y!" X heals Y. X and commander get points for healing.)
2) Players get bonus points for obeying commanders' orders, on top of the points they normally get for killing or healing or objectives.
3) Que for commander with a checkbox to command. Only people who check the box have a chance to be commander when the match is formed
4) People who have a higher valor have a higher "chance" to command (like how the conversation system gives people a higher chance who haven't had a convo choice for a while). That way mostly experienced people would lead, which is nice for everyone on the team. But occasionally newer people would get to experience it as well.

AGSThomas
04.16.2014 , 09:31 AM | #755
We used to play this game when I was little called Vampires. But in this game we'll call it Rakghoul

1 or 2 players start off as a Rakghoul and are temporarily buffed and very hard to kill. The rest of the players have the rest of the map to occupy (Holding objectives, forcing players to split up?) for as long as they can. When a Rakghoul player kills a normal player, that player immediately turns into a Rakghoul and hunts the rest of the normal players. The last normal man standing is the winner.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

deecee
04.16.2014 , 10:12 AM | #756
I would like to see something on a larger scale like Alterac Valley in WoW.

16 v 16 would be nice or something in open world areas that is reminiscent of war plots in Wildstar like 16 v 16 on a map where you control points build resources and have a blast doing it!

This little 8 man and 4 man content is stale and you would bring back a ton of players that left over 8man ranked and a ton more that left over last years announcement of no open world content.

Players need some type of reward for level 55 v 55 open world PVP. Something thats NOT standing in a line clicking an item. If the reason we don't get open world content is that the performance is hit by too many players then just make a new planet and limit each sides instance to 40 players each.

Darthural
04.16.2014 , 10:42 AM | #757
No, it would not be amazing. The current 8vs8 BGs need no Commander, because all decisions in the BG are of tactical nature. No one can better decide what is best for the Squad then the player himself on the field. You only have to no the capabilities of your class, strength and weakness of your gameplay and primary goals of the map. That's it. The player is led by task.

What you like to see is led by order. That makes currently no sence, because
1.) The main strategy for success is fix.
2.) Experience in the field does not make you to a good leader. Voting a leader does not make you a good leader.
3.) You need players, who strict follows the orders.
4.) The commander gets bored after setting up 8 man.
5.) The player in the field has to compensate, if the commander leavs game or goes afk.
6.) No plan survive the first shot, when strategy is fix.
7.) The time of superstars is over

I like to be free in decision and to have the tactical choice in my hand. If you want to max the potential for success, then team up before joining and use chat and teamspeak to communicate.

t-darko
04.16.2014 , 05:07 PM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Something that I think would set SWTOR apart from other games is the idea of mixing RTS with PvP. This was done in Battle II: Combat Commander and it was an awesome experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlez...mbat_Commander

Basically one person on your team is the "Commander" and gets a top down view of the battlefield. This person has RTS controls and is able to give commands to other players such as "Attack, Heal, Defend, etc.". The players then receive the commands and waypoints. Think of how much more organized and enjoyable a PUG would be with a good Commander?

This is something that could be implemented into any of the existing 8v8 maps or even to Flashpoints and Operations and none of the other major MMOs are currently doing it. Please consider...

I would like to see all the above in 12+ vs and with a skirmish mode Together with the following in separate WZ';

Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
Now what I really would like to see; To put our guild stronghold in PvP queue then stage 1) A GSF battle with our Guild strongholds as background, Stage 2) Winning team of the space battle get to board the losing teams Stronghold and get a multiple choice of pathway to split up and try to reach the bridge.

Reaching the bridge earns your guild a gold star, defending it successfully earns your guild a defense gold star, silver for a good try and so forth.

Then the guild wars has begun - add to that leader boards with guild reputation. What would be even greater is a skirmish function so we could choose to fight each other . . . Guild A can choose to fight Guild B - that would open up so many dimensions to the game ...
And a guild valor rank for Guild vs Guild - And not to mention how easy it would become to stage(stop reading now if you're a pvp only die hard or else your brain will explode) and run RPvP battles

Monterone
04.16.2014 , 05:08 PM | #759
This would only work if you had some sort of a Vent or Mumble system incorporated into the game so all players can at least hear the commander. Otherwise, you're losing one member of the team, that at least a couple of people per game won't pay any attention to.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

t-darko
04.16.2014 , 05:18 PM | #760
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
This would only work if you had some sort of a Vent or Mumble system incorporated into the game so all players can at least hear the commander. Otherwise, you're losing one member of the team, that at least a couple of people per game won't pay any attention to.
Not really, most players by now know what - " i 2 w " means or " inc P " or " 2 - 6 - 0 " for that matter, a similar system would evolve in this kind of a WZ . . . it would be convenient tho . . . as in any WZ