Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.15.2014 , 12:47 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Changes coming to Ranked PvP in Season Two! Shorter seasons, quicker rewards, and more brutal action!

Please keep this discussion around the changes coming to PvP Season Two. If you wish to talk about what you would like to see for rewards, please post in this thread.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nothematic
04.15.2014 , 01:06 PM | #2
Can we not get some more PvP quests outside of ranked to incentivise people to play PvP below level 55? The time it takes to level via PvP right now is frankly a joke and 2 quests just isn't enough to keep up.
Coastas - 55 Marauder | Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Enairo - 55 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Darslk
04.15.2014 , 01:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Can we not get some more PvP quests outside of ranked to incentivise people to play PvP below level 55? The time it takes to level via PvP right now is frankly a joke and 2 quests just isn't enough to keep up.
That's not really talking about the article, thus off topic.

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of quick seasons and top player rewards! I will definitely be aiming for top three, on at least one of my characters.
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

Yodawizard
04.15.2014 , 01:20 PM | #4
Courtney, nice meeting you at the Cantina Tour in Boston.

What will be done to stop people from Qing as DPS while specced as a hybrid healer in solo ranked?

Dedrayge
04.15.2014 , 01:27 PM | #5
Top three doesn't mean much without cross server...

Cross server would also speed up queue times...

Just saying..

No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

DarthVengeant
04.15.2014 , 01:29 PM | #6
I sat for hours never getting a ranked pop, even at peak times, on many occasions. Other people told me to que up at certain times, and it STILL never popped. I gave up ever trying to get these rewards because the time it takes to even get one pop is just too time consuming. Other people I know have the same problem, I have even had a few of them in group to que group ranked. STILL never a pop. I am frankly ticked off because had the que popped I would have gotten some of these rewards, but it never did. I got 2 ranked matches total out of the entire season because I am not setting for 2 hrs waiting for a que to pop when I have other things to do. It would be really nice to not make it require 10 matches because of this.

Make the seasons one month long and everyone will populate the que and get a chance to get this stuff. Anything longer will just make the que pop less or not at all. You could have a season every quarter for one month. Four a year.

Also, if you bring back the 8v8 Ranked it would make the que pop alot, otherwise this stuff is nearly impossible to get (on my server).

Furthermore, Unranked rewards would be nice and make it fair for the people who cant ever get Ranked to pop. I think both Ranked and Unranked should get rewards. Just different ones. I PVP all the time in Unranked and feel we deserve some love as well.

Yodawizard
04.15.2014 , 01:36 PM | #7
Top 3 for each class actually discourages playing where it is most competitive. The people in the top 3 will most like be on a server where the competition is very spread out and one team is dominating.

wishihadaname
04.15.2014 , 01:37 PM | #8
I realize you guys have to be politically correct, but really?

"You are the best and I enjoy reading the forums "

I wouldn't wish a daily dose of PVP forum upon my worst enemies, I really hope you guys get paid exceptionally well for putting up with the cesspit that is the PVP forum.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

MiaRB
04.15.2014 , 01:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
Top 3 for each class actually discourages playing where it is most competitive. The people in the top 3 will most like be on a server where the competition is very spread out and one team is dominating.
its top 3 for each server.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Yodawizard
04.15.2014 , 01:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
its top 3 for each server.
Not based on the blog.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status! "