Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Air Vent RNG

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Air Vent RNG

Revwood
12.25.2011 , 02:19 AM | #1
Thoughts on the matter?

My view of things are:

- Lucky ball carrier gets pushed towards correct direction, enemy team attempts to follow and all get sent the wrong way. Easy score.
- Unlucky ball carrier gets pushed up into the air and lands on flame vents. Yes. That can happen.

I'm just unsure as to why the RNG is needed, really. If you were pushed in a direction depending on where you stood on the vent, that would make sense. That isn't the case, however.

Goatwreck
12.25.2011 , 02:38 AM | #2
**** agreed
Eat poo 10 million flies cant be wrong

Munx
12.25.2011 , 02:41 AM | #3
Totally agree, the randomness is just annoying, and as far as im concerned it does not benefit the gameplay.
Dark Knight of the forums.

Umuri
12.25.2011 , 03:04 AM | #4
It's not random.
And before you say it is, bs. I've personally taught every person in our guild how to use the damn thing, and it's part of why we are the only server who has republic winning most of their warzones.

The issue is you have to take into account your own connection round trip lag. This is NOT LATENCY. This is, for example, the delay between when you mount a bike and the timer ends, and when you can actually move without dismounting.

An easy way to take this into account is, say you want to use the jumpjet to go over the wall. Circle around the jumpjet so you are between it and the wall, stop for a half second. Then nudge yourself onto the jumpjet area. You will now fly over the wall.

Atrox
12.25.2011 , 03:28 AM | #5
Air vent blows.
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.

Volatile
12.25.2011 , 03:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Umuri View Post
It's not random.
And before you say it is, bs. I've personally taught every person in our guild how to use the damn thing, and it's part of why we are the only server who has republic winning most of their warzones.

The issue is you have to take into account your own connection round trip lag. This is NOT LATENCY. This is, for example, the delay between when you mount a bike and the timer ends, and when you can actually move without dismounting.

An easy way to take this into account is, say you want to use the jumpjet to go over the wall. Circle around the jumpjet so you are between it and the wall, stop for a half second. Then nudge yourself onto the jumpjet area. You will now fly over the wall.
Can't tell if serious.

If serious, please refer to the videos of people staging the same run 50 times and flying in different directions every time.
when the f*** did we get ice cream.

Jasherob
12.25.2011 , 03:48 AM | #7
I like it being random - best way to escape the dudes trying to kill me and take the ball off me.