Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Update

tharbison
04.14.2014 , 02:49 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No, but every patch/update should enhance the content people are currently playing for...especially when there are 9 weeks between updates for Gods sake.
I agree. But - I don't think we agree on 'the content people are currently playing for...' You said you like FP's, OP's, and WZ's. I don't, so those aren't important to me. So...whether or not the patch/update is enhancing YOUR gameplay experience is relative to what that experience is.

Projawa
04.14.2014 , 02:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
We heard from the Boston player thing that they'll have their own chat channel (presumably shared amongst all who are in strongholds) and will have a way for you to display trophies from your adventures. They said they want them to be a way to socialize and show off what you've done.

Bits and pieces of information trickling in.
No mention of a fleet chat toggle? I think fleet chat should be off by default in your stronghold but people should have the option of turning it on so they don't miss out on pugs.

It's little functions like this that would make strongholds a more complete solution. Perhaps it's too hard to code, or perhaps they don't want to set the precedent of enabling fleet chat somewhere that isn't fleet. Whatever the reasons, it would be an inconvenience/sacrifice that segments the population.

DarthDymond
04.14.2014 , 02:50 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by tharbison View Post
Should every patch/update contain something that 'would make any player return to the game'? I don't think that's a requirement. Besides, that's what the Galactic Strgonhold expansion is for! I've already seen many comments about people returning to the game for that.
Each patch may not need be a huge attention-grabbing feature that will make people come back, and it's patently unrealistic to expect each patch to have something for every player that will make them want to stay - but yes, it should absolutely be an expectation that each and every content patch includes something that will make a significant segment of the population chose to stay based on that patch.

But here's where I disagree with TUXs:
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
[...snip...]I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.
I definitely think the Tython and Korriban FPs and the start of a new storyline (especially one that kicks off by attacking the other faction directly) is enough to keep a significant number of players sticking around who might otherwise have jumped ship.

I personally wasn't to the point where I was about to unsubscribe, but my single biggest concern coming out of 2.4 was "okay, are we getting another story arc, and is it going to be any good?", so 2.7 definitely scratched that itch for me the same way a new Operation might do so for a raider or a new Warzone might for a PVPer.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

TUXs
04.14.2014 , 02:53 PM | #34
The way you worded it, since GSF, when using the English I learned, means in the time between GSF and now, not in the time prior to GSF.

Whether I like or dislike the content is irrelevant. Content is there. Quite a few bullet points worth of content arrived 6 days ago.

Housing seems to be convincing players to return. I don't know about 2.7. It's more stuff to do though, which is never a bad thing.
2.7 doesn't negate the other 6 months of nothing but GSF (and KDY to be fair).

More stuff to do is always good, I agree with you on that Darth...but they need to remember what kept players here the past 2 years as well...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

JimG
04.14.2014 , 02:56 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?
I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...
Probably because they haven't told us very much about it yet. Hard to get too excited until I know more about the features.

Sarfux
04.14.2014 , 03:19 PM | #36
That sounds... horrifying.

When I'm in my house, the very last thing I want to do is talk to everyone else who is also in their house which is not my house. I'm sure we'll be able to turn that channel off. But it's still an odd mechanic that seems like it would fracture the player-base's ability to communicate. Fleet vs. Planet is already sort of ugh. Then split them again into stronghold? Meh.
Then make a new tab and just put "say" in it or turn off the chat.
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Trooperclay
04.16.2014 , 09:39 PM | #37
Ive been on a kind of Hiatus from this game, and I so ive missed the recent events and patches and such. That's probably why im so enthusiastic...
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

hooty
04.17.2014 , 02:10 PM | #38
I was excited for the housing when I 1st heard about it but, but now I am dubious. What they are releasing this year does not appear to be enough to remain competitive with other games. The game needs new levels, new planets, new missions. Not PvP maps, housing and/or a couple flashpoints. Certainly not more cartel packs.

SWTOR is still my favorite and I will play it until the end. But the message I'm getting is that BW/EA has decided not to fund future development sufficiently to remain competitive. They have jumped the shark, and are really in milk mode.
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

tharbison
04.17.2014 , 02:28 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by hooty View Post
They have jumped the shark, and are really in milk mode.
I think they're building the game out. Trying to appeal to more people by introducing new elements like GSF & housing, rather than just creating another planet. While it may not appeal to you, personally I'm STOKED about strongholds! I took the week off of work in anticipation of it.

They can't make eveyone happy all of the time, but I doubt they're in 'milk mode'. They've released quite a bit of content & updates, each bit of which requires quite a bit of resources on their part. Not to mention SWTOR is one of the top 10 earning games. I can't believe they'd just set it on cruise control.

TUXs
04.17.2014 , 02:45 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Ive been on a kind of Hiatus from this game, and I so ive missed the recent events and patches and such. That's probably why im so enthusiastic...
No need to explain yourself I'm glad you're enthusiastic!!! It's still a damn fun game...frustrating at times and slow to deliver new content...but all MMOs are tbh. Wanting MORE of something should be taken as a compliment by the developers.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])