Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Update

Sarfux
04.14.2014 , 02:07 PM | #21
I am very excited and I'm sure there are tons are to. Don't pay attention to the negative posts that are angry about player housing. I can't wait for it. Nar Shaddaa is my favorite planet in all of Star Wars and for us to get early access with a place given to us on Nar Shaddaa by being a subscriber? It's a dream come true for me. I already "live' on Nar Shaddaa in some places that I pretend are my house. Now, I don't have to pretend! Coruscant, Drommund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa are only the beginning of more places being added later. I can't wait!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

TUXs
04.14.2014 , 02:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You stated that housing was coming out after no content since GSF.

Did you completely forget that 2.7 dropped all the things I mentioned just 6 days ago?

What is up with you?
The dry spell I'm speaking of is since last November - not inclusive of 2.7, which you appear to be quite giddy about. I'm not denying 2.7 had some content, but I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

TUXs
04.14.2014 , 02:11 PM | #23
We heard from the Boston player thing that they'll have their own chat channel
Which is an already disastrous mistake imo. Nothing like splitting the remaining community up more and more and more...what a foolish choice.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

tharbison
04.14.2014 , 02:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
... but I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.
Should every patch/update contain something that 'would make any player return to the game'? I don't think that's a requirement. Besides, that's what the Galactic Strgonhold expansion is for! I've already seen many comments about people returning to the game for that.

Smartcat
04.14.2014 , 02:36 PM | #25
I'm VERY excited, but we still have little information so I'd rather not have huge expectations so there's no disappointement.
Begeren Colony
Vesh : Patricia

Sarfux
04.14.2014 , 02:37 PM | #26
Which is an already disastrous mistake imo. Nothing like splitting the remaining community up more and more and more...what a foolish choice.
It is not a mistake. It is a mechanic they are designing for more...roleplay elements actually. When you are in your house, you are going to get to talk to other's that are in their houses. It will bring the community together more than you think. It's going to be a great way to get together, plan things, invite people over and just talk. It will go better than you think, don't worry TUXs!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

DarthTHC
04.14.2014 , 02:38 PM | #27
The dry spell I'm speaking of is since last November - not inclusive of 2.7, which you appear to be quite giddy about. I'm not denying 2.7 had some content, but I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.
The way you worded it, since GSF, when using the English I learned, means in the time between GSF and now, not in the time prior to GSF.

Whether I like or dislike the content is irrelevant. Content is there. Quite a few bullet points worth of content arrived 6 days ago.

Housing seems to be convincing players to return. I don't know about 2.7. It's more stuff to do though, which is never a bad thing.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

DarthTHC
04.14.2014 , 02:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
It is not a mistake. It is a mechanic they are designing for more...roleplay elements actually. When you are in your house, you are going to get to talk to other's that are in their houses. It will bring the community together more than you think. It's going to be a great way to get together, plan things, invite people over and just talk. It will go better than you think, don't worry TUXs!
That sounds... horrifying.

When I'm in my house, the very last thing I want to do is talk to everyone else who is also in their house which is not my house. I'm sure we'll be able to turn that channel off. But it's still an odd mechanic that seems like it would fracture the player-base's ability to communicate. Fleet vs. Planet is already sort of ugh. Then split them again into stronghold? Meh.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

tharbison
04.14.2014 , 02:45 PM | #29
That sounds... horrifying.

When I'm in my house, the very last thing I want to do is talk to everyone else who is also in their house which is not my house.
I bet that's the equivalent of the fleet channel, but for players spending time in their strongholds. So while you're crafting/looking up GTN/mailing or whatever in your house you can still see LFG's etc.

I agree - they need a mechanism to filter channels by fleet/channel/housing. That would be pretty sweet.

TUXs
04.14.2014 , 02:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tharbison View Post
Should every patch/update contain something that 'would make any player return to the game'? I don't think that's a requirement. Besides, that's what the Galactic Strgonhold expansion is for! I've already seen many comments about people returning to the game for that.
No, but every patch/update should enhance the content people are currently playing for...especially when there are 9 weeks between updates for Gods sake.