Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] is slicing still a good money-maker?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] is slicing still a good money-maker?

Anizev
04.11.2014 , 07:56 AM | #1
I'm coming back to SWTOR after a long absence... not remember how to play any of my characters, I'm just going to create new ones (since I don't exactly remember the storylines either), but I noticed that my level 30 Bounty Hunter has maxed out slicing and a few million credits.

just wondering if it would still be worthwhile to log into my BH once an hour or so to run slicing missions, or if the profiteering from the skill has been nerfed.

psandak
04.11.2014 , 11:23 AM | #2
Thermal Regulators are the big business of slicing. They are profitable simply because they require a mission crit success to get. So do not be surprised when you run mission after mission and get none.

Anizev
04.11.2014 , 04:14 PM | #3
thanks!

messed around with it a bit today, and at least after an afternoon of running lockbox missions every 30-90 minutes, it feels like the lock boxes just about break even (but the purple +450 missions that sell for 30,000 credits make up for it when they drop)

psandak
04.11.2014 , 05:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anizev View Post
thanks!

messed around with it a bit today, and at least after an afternoon of running lockbox missions every 30-90 minutes, it feels like the lock boxes just about break even (but the purple +450 missions that sell for 30,000 credits make up for it when they drop)
Yeah they "fixed" the lockboxes some time ago; they are a break even venture at best with regard to the credits they generate. At the top end lockbox missions are intended to be used as a way to get discovered missions.

DawnAskham
04.12.2014 , 02:22 PM | #5
While still profitable, the past couple of weeks have seen a continued fall in the price of basic mats / crafted items on my server.

Therm Regs that sold for well over 20K for months fell past that consistently a few weeks back and have been hovering closer to 15k for the past week. Augment prices have plummeted along with the price of Therm Regs, with a few mainstat augments priced in the 60s.

MK-9 kits that were floating in the mid 60s and ticking upper 60s lower 70s for months haven't seen 60K much in the past couple of weeks and are currently selling for 55K.

So you can still make plenty of money selling stuff, but the margins are much smaller while the time required is still the same, thus making it more of a grind than before.