Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Story Arc Thoughts


DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
04.11.2014 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Doubtful. I'd say more but it's probably for the best if I do not. However...
Spoiler
I suspect that, as far as the storyline is concerned, based on what we have seen in the new Flashpoints, I can draw 3 conclusions:

Spoiler
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
04.11.2014 , 12:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
I suspect that, as far as the storyline is concerned, based on what we have seen in the new Flashpoints, I can draw 3 conclusions:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

DarknessInLight's Avatar


DarknessInLight
04.11.2014 , 01:03 PM | #23
Spoiler


Spoiler
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
04.11.2014 , 02:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Spoiler


Spoiler
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Unseen
When he returns, there will be peace.
When he returns, there will be silence.
WHEN HE RETURNS, ALL STARS WILL DIE.

Hawr's Avatar


Hawr
04.12.2014 , 06:29 PM | #25
theories aside. Do you guys thinks that this arc's future will have something that fits the non-force users, lore wise, in the story itself? i mean, i'm sure a skilled bounty hunter can kill a powerfull jedi or sith, but what we have now its godlike enemies and powers, dread masters, entities, emperors and so on. I don't know much about the EU,but i dont remember any non-sensitive who have beat this kind of odds.
Account Creation Date: 10.28.08

BenitsubasaChiyo's Avatar


BenitsubasaChiyo
04.14.2014 , 03:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawr View Post
theories aside. Do you guys thinks that this arc's future will have something that fits the non-force users, lore wise, in the story itself? i mean, i'm sure a skilled bounty hunter can kill a powerfull jedi or sith, but what we have now its godlike enemies and powers, dread masters, entities, emperors and so on. I don't know much about the EU,but i dont remember any non-sensitive who have beat this kind of odds.
Han Solo killed the Emperor, for example. Granted, Palpatine was in a severely weakened state, but nevertheless.
Then again, endgame story content is a group content for a very good reason. Even some of the strongest Force users in the galaxy (namely Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox, Hero of Tython etc) couldn't deal with the Dread Masters/Soa or even an extremely powerful Hutt crimelord without little help from their allies.
As for the soloable class/faction based stories, if I remember correctly, you get to smoke a few powerful Force sensitive adversaries as a non-force sensitive class.
Spoiler

All in all, one cannot come out as victor in a war without any external help. Rebel Alliance wouldn't have defeated the Emperor without Luke and I somehow doubt Luke would've had any chance to prevail against the Empire all alone.

Hawr's Avatar


Hawr
04.15.2014 , 09:52 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BenitsubasaChiyo View Post
Han Solo killed the Emperor, for example. Granted, Palpatine was in a severely weakened state, but nevertheless.
Then again, endgame story content is a group content for a very good reason. Even some of the strongest Force users in the galaxy (namely Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox, Hero of Tython etc) couldn't deal with the Dread Masters/Soa or even an extremely powerful Hutt crimelord without little help from their allies.
As for the soloable class/faction based stories, if I remember correctly, you get to smoke a few powerful Force sensitive adversaries as a non-force sensitive class.
Spoiler

All in all, one cannot come out as victor in a war without any external help. Rebel Alliance wouldn't have defeated the Emperor without Luke and I somehow doubt Luke would've had any chance to prevail against the Empire all alone.
i get the idea, but imho, this event with Han and Palpatine don't count. I'm talking about two characters using everything they got, prep time is allowed. It's in those situasions that i like to compare with the many batman's clashes against superman on the comics.

But you are right, it's not solo content, which means that no single person, whatever title he\she have, couldn't do it alone. Your comparison with Luke facing the empire makes a great sense to me, now i understand.
Account Creation Date: 10.28.08