Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DP 16SM Tyrans - simplification is killing every person that gets it with 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
DP 16SM Tyrans - simplification is killing every person that gets it with 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
04.11.2014 , 09:34 AM | #31 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Phantasym View Post
Just because it "livened up the fight" doesn't mean it should be there, it is obviously a bug for it to apply to Story Mode,
This is correct. It is a bug and is going to be addressed in 2.7.1.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Benets
04.11.2014 , 09:52 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
How about work on imbalance? And start to change things in 2.7.1

The way you do, this game will never be balanced. Two 'corrections' within an year. I don't know if you know, to balance things you need to change things constantly, by a little till it get balanced.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

AlrikFassbauer
04.11.2014 , 09:57 AM | #33
I like this bug. It has an philosophical aura around it. "Being killed by simplification". Now that's great. Gives sooo much food for thought ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Otchiver
04.11.2014 , 11:13 AM | #34
When's 2.7.1 getting released?

DarthVengeant
04.11.2014 , 11:16 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
I hope they keep the mechanic present. Definitely livened up an otherwise same as always fight. Would be even better if they debuff didn't always apply so there would be even more raid awareness required.
Its a NiM mode mechanic, not SM. High raid awareness is for HM and NiIM, not SM. You want a livened up fight, do it in HM. This kind of stuff doesn't belong in SM. Not only that, it was never there before and is an obvious bug. They can't just add new mechanics to SM ops 6 months later.

Furthermore, Bioware needs to fix the damage output in 8 man VS 16m, because some fights in DP and DF hit harder in 8 man than 16 man, and some hit harder in 16 man than 8 man. It needs to be consistent. It's illogical to make 8 man hit harder than 16 man.

ML_DoubleTap
04.11.2014 , 11:33 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Phantasym View Post
Just because it "livened up the fight" doesn't mean it should be there, it is obviously a bug for it to apply to Story Mode, that is a very high bar to set for story mode and likely even too high for hard mode, especially when people did hard mode for months getting the set gear without it to add it now and make it 10 times harder for people who just leveled up new characters to get the same gear everyone else had.

If they want to add that as a nightmare mechanic, I am ok with that if they increase the time on that debuff slightly, the way it stands now, having the tank place the simplification on the proper square and drop down and click the datacron is extremely tight, and as I said on Jug/Guardians who have no force speed or hydraulic override to help them get to the datacron faster it is very very easy to die. Even just changing the datacron to instant click instead of a channel would help. My group has been full clearing both hard modes for weeks now, but this bug caused me to die several times even with dropping down, because the channel time on the datacron had me die while clicking it. Especially with the server not updating the same as the client and sometimes not having position different positions to what the player sees and where the server things you are makes clicking on things of that nature with very short window of time difficult.

I would hope we could get more of a response from bioware then we are looking into this, something to the affect it is happening and is or isn't a bug and will be corrected within x time. It is extremely easy to reproduce on any server in any mode.
I agree it shouldn't be in SM/HM. It was fun...but it shouldn't be there since it hadn't been previously. I totally disagree that the timer should increase for NiM. We cleared it our third attempt with one tank that's never even done the normal HM version(he's usually dps) and we had double Guardians. NiM is supposed to be tight
Bonkurz

MahBoyDray
04.11.2014 , 12:12 PM | #37
@TaitWatson, are you actually kidding me?
Previously in the year the Devs stated that patch updates will only be coming once every 3 weeks, which therefore means 2.7.1 isn't for another 2.5 weeks.
We have been clearing DF/DP HM on farm for a while, but we still have people that need gear from DP HM in order to comfortably go into NiM DF.
Pick your act up and sort your s*** out so that we don't have to do a buggy fight with mechanics that shouldn't even be in the game whatsoever for another 2 months, alright?

Cheers.
Bring Back Harambe

fushnchips
04.11.2014 , 02:59 PM | #38
shame this isn't being deployed as a hot fix because people are paying to play operations and with this bug some players will struggle.

Elbmuh
04.11.2014 , 05:26 PM | #39
Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? People still need to farm HM DP and now they have to worry about a NiM mechanic to clear it? AND story mode too? AND you aren't fixing it until 2 and a half weeks from now? What a fail. Horrible customer service.
BAYANI from Jedi Covenant
Sawbones Scoundrel | PVE scoundrel healing guide

Prototypemind
04.11.2014 , 09:14 PM | #40
Yes, clearly it's a bug, but it's been an enjoyable one. I will be sad to see it go as something to give a little extra challenge even when doing SM to help gear guildies. I don't like bone-crushing mechanics, I just like fights that offer extra challenges without simply becoming gear/DPS/Heal checks.