Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Distortion Field Is Not Breaking Missile Lock Attempts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Distortion Field Is Not Breaking Missile Lock Attempts

Korithras
04.08.2014 , 08:03 PM | #1
I am not crazy. This does not work. I've posted about it before. I know it doesn't interrupt a missile in flight, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about I hear the alert that I'm being locked up, I hit the button. Nothing happens. The missile then locks on, and it's headed my way.

I do lag, nor do I have a slow connection. I sit in double digits in terms of my ping nearly constantly. My computer is custom built for the sole purpose of gaming and has specs that shrug off the requirements placed by swtor and laugh.

I don't know if it's only something with scouts, since that's what I primarily play, and it works fine for other ship types? But it's not working.

SammyGStatus
04.08.2014 , 08:17 PM | #2
I tink the sentry drones have no sounds
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Korithras
04.08.2014 , 08:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
I tink the sentry drones have no sounds
No I know that, it's not the drones. I'm talking about when a player is actively targeting and tracking me to lock on a missile or torpedo. Not the drones deployed by bombers.

Armonddd
04.08.2014 , 08:26 PM | #4
Haven't had this happen to me tonight. You sure the upgrade choice isn't fsked?
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

QuinMantha
04.08.2014 , 08:32 PM | #5
Sounds to me like a talent selector issue.

I'd check and make sure it's set right. I use DF, since it's about the only sure way to dodge missiles anymore.
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

Korithras
04.08.2014 , 08:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinMantha View Post
Sounds to me like a talent selector issue.

I'd check and make sure it's set right. I use DF, since it's about the only sure way to dodge missiles anymore.
Clarify please, what do you mean by make sure it's set right, talent selector issues?

Armonddd
04.08.2014 , 08:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Clarify please, what do you mean by make sure it's set right, talent selector issues?
The t3 upgrades for shield and engine abilities, and the t4-5 upgrades for all other major components, are" pick one", not "get both". Sometimes they get reset accidentally. Make sure the correct one is highlighted.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

MaximilianPower
04.08.2014 , 10:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
The t3 upgrades for shield and engine abilities, and the t4-5 upgrades for all other major components, are" pick one", not "get both". Sometimes they get reset accidentally. Make sure the correct one is highlighted.

Yeah, this happened to me just yesterday, for the first time ever. I played two matches before I realized something was amiss. And in my case, the disto field lock break was indeed one of the three components that was magically switched/reset.

Another was the ion lolgun T4 upgrade. That's what tipped me off. Kinda obvious when the AOE isn't working at all.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn Spiderzuck Bøbløblaw TøbiasFünke MaximilianPower Jedi Covenant
100% GSF cheevs

mr_sim
04.09.2014 , 04:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
If for any reason you change a component it defaults to the left most choice if you a a choice tier unlocked. This still Helens even when you switch back.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

QuinMantha
04.10.2014 , 06:33 PM | #10
...it was the talent selector, wasn't it.
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler