Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Quick Question about Armorings & set bonuses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Quick Question about Armorings & set bonuses

Lorrimar
04.09.2014 , 05:50 PM | #1
Fairly simple. I buy a piece of gear using a token I received in an Operation. I pop the armoring out & RE it, if I learn the schematic, does it have the set bonus or not?

Thanks.

MilesTeg_cy
04.10.2014 , 03:08 AM | #2
Armorings does not have set bonuses but the armors does. Do not mix these two. You'll learn to craft the armorings if you crit, that's all.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

psandak
04.10.2014 , 09:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
Armorings does not have set bonuses but the armors does. Do not mix these two. You'll learn to craft the armorings if you crit, that's all.
That USED to be the case. It changed when Campaign gear was released a LONG time ago. The armoring holds the set bonus. This allows one to move the set bonus into gear the player likes the appearance of rather than everyone in the same grade looking alike.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorrimar View Post
Fairly simple. I buy a piece of gear using a token I received in an Operation. I pop the armoring out & RE it, if I learn the schematic, does it have the set bonus or not?

Thanks.
Set bonuses cannot be learned...they have to be earned

Lorrimar
04.10.2014 , 11:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Set bonuses cannot be learned...they have to be earned
thanks psandak, that was what I figured, but it never hurts to ask.

have a good day.