Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

Lunafox

They could find someone with a close enough voice, then modify it with a sound engineer - terrible..r things have happened in this game than a slightly different voice :)

Now I'm having flashbacks to Tim Curry taking over as the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars after Ian Abercrombie passed away.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Curry, but damn if that change wasn't jarring and distracting.

Edited by DarthDymond

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm having flashbacks to Tim Curry taking over as the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars after Ian Abercrombie passed away.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Curry, but damn if that change wasn't jarring and distracting.

If Auto-Tune made Inna a big superstar with no voice whatsoever, I think it could make some generic companion sound reasonable to a bunch of aphonous players.

from my understanding they wont ever continue the class stories

Problem (at least to me) is that when they first created this game there were all excited about each class having its own story and own voice. And, well turns out game didn't do so well at start and now to create eight different stories with voices is too much time and money. Of course if they really thought about it they would have not had individual class quests but combined all the republic and vise versus for Imperial classes together to one large quest line and parceled them out over time and got rid of the stupid character voice. Then they could actually keep a story line going for both sides and NOT have painted themselves into a corner like that have now. I mean how cool would it be to able to do Havoc squad missions with a jedi or a smuggler? and well as for companions you can either add them in for all class to have been able to obtain and interact with along the way. That really would have stretched the content being brought out throughout the quarters and kept the game really going.

You're thinking about it wrongly or missing some information.

The class stories stopped before Ilum. Ilum came out with release. It had been the plan all along to make our characters into heroes via the class stories through about level 50, then to take them into the larger, factional conflict after that.

You're thinking about it wrongly or missing some information.

The class stories stopped before Ilum. Ilum came out with release. It had been the plan all along to make our characters into heroes via the class stories through about level 50, then to take them into the larger, factional conflict after that.

This is not exactly accurate, given there's stuff in the game files that actually shows otherwise.

I'll toss some pennies in (I didn't read all 46 pages). I'm somewhat against 100% pure class story-lines. I'd prefer their be class specific content but only where it makes sense and isn't forced. Following a larger narrative where you get to contribute too is cooler in my opinion than "Hey, Bounty Hunter we got another big ****** for you to take down!" Right now they are moving toward the everyone follows the same path which I'm against. I mix (which in reality is what the leveling up process is... just more tilted toward to class exclusivity side).

• 2 weeks later...
(Maybe not so much a petition as a Memo to the Company from the supporters of the thread...)

I thought we should show them what we'd like...more individual class stories and companion stories...basically our sagas continued on, and NOT in a lame generic way like Makeb was done, where everyone's story is nearly identical.

Please post your two cents and /sign this. Maybe we can still reach them.

Thanks. :o

I agree, and I sign this

This is not exactly accurate, given there's stuff in the game files that actually shows otherwise.

Generally BioWare frowns upon talking about data-mined things, because they're not actually in the game.

Let's stick with what's in the game... which is class stories (How I Became A Hero) turning into faction stories (What I Do As A Hero) by Ilum.

/signed.

I stay for the class story dynamics and the RP. My first MMO was DCUO and for years I juggled the both of them until I had to drop DC because of money. I chose SWTOR because I had faith of the direction that I as a player would feel less expendable in the grand scheme of things with the new content.

Up to now, I have yet to be given that satisfaction. Going to stay until my free access for GSH then go back to DCUO. No RP, but FAR superior gameplay.

In the past eight months we've had a new planet, several new flashpoints, two new events, a new companion, two new areas and in the next few weeks we'll be getting arenas, a new planet, two new ops and a bunch of additional content...

And out of all that, not only are we not satisfied and willing to at least attempt to be patient until the next round of class quests comes out... but we're going to come up with a petition and advertise it ALL IN CAPS

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS, A POST IS TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN IT'S IN CAPS!!!!1111!!1!1 FTW!11! BIOWARE/EA/TOR/PUGS/INSERT NAME SUX!111!!1! SWG AND WOW FTW!!1!!1!

-shakes head-

Call me a fanboi or too willing to accept what I'm given or a sheeple or whatever... but this not only seems greedy to me... it seems ungrateful AND

most importantly, concerning the topic title

Annoying :p

Yes it isn't like people have been asking for mores Ops and PVP. Wait they do. So some people who bought game because of the story potion should be patient. It has only been close to two and a half years. Swtor is a good game and it isn't unreasonable for folks to want more class stories. That is the only reason I bought the game. TBH if I hadn't been in the Beta I wouldn't have bought the game.

Signed

Honestly, there will be no more class stories but....

Makeb and Oricon were the worst story telling that I've seen in a game to date, they did not live up to the standards that Bioware sets in their other games. Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be awesome. Anyway, I hope they actually hire someone decent to write the planetary storyline for the next planet.

Makeb and Oricon were the worst story telling that I've seen in a game to date, they did not live up to the standards that Bioware sets in their other games. Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be awesome. Anyway, I hope they actually hire someone decent to write the planetary storyline for the next planet.

I always am entertained when someone says, "This game doesn't live up to the standards..." then follows it up with "This other game WILL BE awesome.'

Uh huh.

(Maybe not so much a petition as a Memo to the Company from the supporters of the thread...)

I thought we should show them what we'd like...more individual class stories and companion stories...basically our sagas continued on, and NOT in a lame generic way like Makeb was done, where everyone's story is nearly identical.

Please post your two cents and /sign this. Maybe we can still reach them.

Thanks. :o

Do they even have the budget to support this?

You must not have played a lot of games. Do a quick google of "worst game storylines" and the output is overwhelming and hilarious. Unfortunately, I actually played a few of them!

• 1 month later...

This would be amazing but its pretty much never going to happen. It would most likely be too expensive given the possibly profit they could generate from a 2 year old game with little potential for growth.

I am guessing that all of the content from this point forward will be generic enough that every player can access it, though I would love to be wrong.

Do they even have the budget to support this?

Do the math comparing the cost of a sub and the cost of cartel packs, particularly hypercrates and the answer to that question is yes. The class stories for the planned next round were already written when they laid off the writers. I'm not necessarily arguing with that decision, the game had a rough go of it for a bit there, but it's stable and growing now, with a source of income from both subs and sales. I have difficulty that cost can be listed as a valid argument against this.

Now, they've likely used some of the class story content that was written for Makeb and Oricon, but I'm sure that the writers could be brought back as contractors to deal with that issue. Writers like to work and rarely have enough of it. Same goes for actors.

No content that is virtually the same for all of your characters is going to be as satisfying as playing different content for each, especially when that repeated content is also repeated in dailies.

Swtor was designed to be a game where you created at least 8 characters to play all the stories. In most mmos, you would create one or two with little reason to create more, so shared content is less of an issue. They gave us reason to create all these characters, so it's necessary that they continue to give us reason to have gone to the effort to bring so many characters to endgame to avoid frustration.

Not only that, the characters have their own positions in the hierarchy of the world. In most games, that's not true to the same degree. It's fairly ludicrous that my bounty hunter, trooper or smuggler would be asked to deal with Oricon. It was even a stretch for my imperial agent who is more used to dealing with such things. while it makes sense that my force users would be there.

This is a unique mmo--that's what it was designed to be, It needs unique content.

It should also be noted that new class stories would bring players in. Every time new story content is released, there's an influx of new and returning players. Class content would bring in far more. It could also be used to create more subs. They gave away the first 3 chapters for free, as well as the expansions. It wouldn't be unreasonable for them to require a sub for new class stories, even if it was for the first year of each new addition.

I'm not diminishing the content they've added. It's been enjoyable and the stories have improved. Oricon was excellent. However, it was most enjoyable for 2 characters--a character of viable choice, one in each faction. After that it was more of a level grind than fun. It would have been enough for other mmos, but it isn't for swtor. They've given us lots of new operations for which I applaud them. But now it's time to return to the heart of this game. Class stories that include meaningful companion interaction.

Edited by errant_knight

Do the math comparing the cost of a sub and the cost of cartel packs, particularly hypercrates and the answer to that question is yes. The class stories for the planned next round were already written when they laid off the writers. I'm not necessarily arguing with that decision, the game had a rough go of it for a bit there, but it's stable and growing now, with a source of income from both subs and sales. I have difficulty that cost can be listed as a valid argument against this.

Now, they've likely used some of the class story content that was written for Makeb and Oricon, but I'm sure that the writers could be brought back as contractors to deal with that issue. Writers like to work and rarely have enough of it. Same goes for actors.

No content that is virtually the same for all of your characters is going to be as satisfying as playing different content for each, especially when that repeated content is also repeated in dailies.

Swtor was designed to be a game where you created at least 8 characters to play all the stories. In most mmos, you would create one or two with little reason to create more, so shared content is less of an issue. They gave us reason to create all these characters, so it's necessary that they continue to give us reason to have gone to the effort to bring so many characters to endgame to avoid frustration.

Not only that, the characters have their own positions in the hierarchy of the world. In most games, that's not true to the same degree. It's fairly ludicrous that my bounty hunter, trooper or smuggler would be asked to deal with Oricon. It was even a stretch for my imperial agent who is more used to dealing with such things. while it makes sense that my force users would be there.

This is a unique mmo--that's what it was designed to be, It needs unique content.

It should also be noted that new class stories would bring players in. Every time new story content is released, there's an influx of new and returning players. Class content would bring in far more. It could also be used to create more subs. They gave away the first 3 chapters for free, as well as the expansions. It wouldn't be unreasonable for them to require a sub for new class stories, even if it was for the first year of each new addition.

I'm not diminishing the content they've added. It's been enjoyable and the stories have improved. Oricon was excellent. However, it was most enjoyable for 2 characters--a character of viable choice, one in each faction. After that it was more of a level grind than fun. It would have been enough for other mmos, but it isn't for swtor. They've given us lots of new operations for which I applaud them. But now it's time to return to the heart of this game. Class stories that include meaningful companion interaction.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! :D

^ This, and you can take my money.

Edited by EduardoJN

]Do the math comparing the cost of a sub and the cost of cartel packs' date=' particularly hypercrates and the answer to that question is yes. [/b']

While I agree with the overall message you put out here, you have no basis for this statement. The budgets apparently do not have room in them to add class stories in addition to what they are already adding because, well, they are not adding class stories.

Considering the volume of threads and posts wanting more class stories and I would go out on a limb that many of the devs would like to add to them you would think that if the budget was there, it would be a done deal.

EA is certainly under budgeting resources to this game. I doubt any would disagree with that. The dev's have decided that with the limitations they have, class storyline continuation will not pay off as well as the content that is being produced. Right or wrong, seems to be the decision.

Edited by RandomXChance