Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition: We Want MORE INDIVIDUAL CLASS STORIES AND COMPANION STORIES,

DarthDymond
04.09.2014 , 03:43 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
They could find someone with a close enough voice, then modify it with a sound engineer - terrible..r things have happened in this game than a slightly different voice
Now I'm having flashbacks to Tim Curry taking over as the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars after Ian Abercrombie passed away.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Curry, but damn if that change wasn't jarring and distracting.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Styxx
04.09.2014 , 05:50 PM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Now I'm having flashbacks to Tim Curry taking over as the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars after Ian Abercrombie passed away.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Curry, but damn if that change wasn't jarring and distracting.
If Auto-Tune made Inna a big superstar with no voice whatsoever, I think it could make some generic companion sound reasonable to a bunch of aphonous players.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

DarthTHC
04.09.2014 , 07:43 PM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by rynlath View Post
from my understanding they wont ever continue the class stories

Problem (at least to me) is that when they first created this game there were all excited about each class having its own story and own voice. And, well turns out game didn't do so well at start and now to create eight different stories with voices is too much time and money. Of course if they really thought about it they would have not had individual class quests but combined all the republic and vise versus for Imperial classes together to one large quest line and parceled them out over time and got rid of the stupid character voice. Then they could actually keep a story line going for both sides and NOT have painted themselves into a corner like that have now. I mean how cool would it be to able to do Havoc squad missions with a jedi or a smuggler? and well as for companions you can either add them in for all class to have been able to obtain and interact with along the way. That really would have stretched the content being brought out throughout the quarters and kept the game really going.
You're thinking about it wrongly or missing some information.

The class stories stopped before Ilum. Ilum came out with release. It had been the plan all along to make our characters into heroes via the class stories through about level 50, then to take them into the larger, factional conflict after that.

Darth_Wicked
04.09.2014 , 07:44 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You're thinking about it wrongly or missing some information.

The class stories stopped before Ilum. Ilum came out with release. It had been the plan all along to make our characters into heroes via the class stories through about level 50, then to take them into the larger, factional conflict after that.
This is not exactly accurate, given there's stuff in the game files that actually shows otherwise.

Eepinephrine
04.09.2014 , 10:21 PM | #455
I'll toss some pennies in (I didn't read all 46 pages). I'm somewhat against 100% pure class story-lines. I'd prefer their be class specific content but only where it makes sense and isn't forced. Following a larger narrative where you get to contribute too is cooler in my opinion than "Hey, Bounty Hunter we got another big ****** for you to take down!" Right now they are moving toward the everyone follows the same path which I'm against. I mix (which in reality is what the leveling up process is... just more tilted toward to class exclusivity side).

Ashlockheart
04.22.2014 , 04:25 PM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
(Maybe not so much a petition as a Memo to the Company from the supporters of the thread...)

I thought we should show them what we'd like...more individual class stories and companion stories...basically our sagas continued on, and NOT in a lame generic way like Makeb was done, where everyone's story is nearly identical.

Please post your two cents and /sign this. Maybe we can still reach them.

Thanks.
I agree, and I sign this
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Beyorn
04.22.2014 , 05:05 PM | #457
Yes Please On Story!!!

DarthTHC
04.22.2014 , 05:10 PM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
This is not exactly accurate, given there's stuff in the game files that actually shows otherwise.
Generally BioWare frowns upon talking about data-mined things, because they're not actually in the game.

Let's stick with what's in the game... which is class stories (How I Became A Hero) turning into faction stories (What I Do As A Hero) by Ilum.

Timarick
04.22.2014 , 05:17 PM | #459
/signed.

I stay for the class story dynamics and the RP. My first MMO was DCUO and for years I juggled the both of them until I had to drop DC because of money. I chose SWTOR because I had faith of the direction that I as a player would feel less expendable in the grand scheme of things with the new content.

Up to now, I have yet to be given that satisfaction. Going to stay until my free access for GSH then go back to DCUO. No RP, but FAR superior gameplay.

Heal-To-Full
04.22.2014 , 05:37 PM | #460
They know. Petitions won't do much good.

Forged Alliances arc's mails have been a nod to class stories, they're still not making them separate, but classes might get some personal attention.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.