Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will the new ships make GSF even more casual/noob unfriendly ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Will the new ships make GSF even more casual/noob unfriendly ?

TheRampage
04.09.2014 , 05:36 PM | #21
I found striker quite fun. Quads + thermites ftw. Repair that follows you around is great.

For scout, I still play him around satelites most, maybe if the CD on repair drone is shorter it would be great as quick reinforcement option for nodes under pressure....
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

DeputyConvict
04.09.2014 , 05:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
I found striker quite fun. Quads + thermites ftw. Repair that follows you around is great.

For scout, I still play him around satelites most, maybe if the CD on repair drone is shorter it would be great as quick reinforcement option for nodes under pressure....

idk about being on a scout without distortion. that 2nd missle break is nice.

Gavin_Kelvar
04.09.2014 , 08:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post

I've been running the quad + thermite build too. Changing my tactics to not be quite as aggressive as I would be in my Type 1 strike seems to work out well.

Flying the Type 3 kinda reminds me of B-Wings from older Star Wars games. If you wanted to only dogfight B-Wings weren't for you but if you liked the idea of a heavy fighter-bomber that had more dogfighting capability than a Y-Wing it was the ship for you.

ThatJawaGuy
04.09.2014 , 09:45 PM | #24
I agree that all these new abilities make it WAY harder to even control a satellite. Victory only depends on the beginning and who follows you, and if they have the bomber and scout/strike combo. At least take off the defense turrets around the satellite to make this interesting.

DeputyConvict
04.09.2014 , 10:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatJawaGuy View Post
I agree that all these new abilities make it WAY harder to even control a satellite. Victory only depends on the beginning and who follows you, and if they have the bomber and scout/strike combo. At least take off the defense turrets around the satellite to make this interesting.
How about Sat's have a radiation debuff they put out, kinda like an exhaustion zone(for ships only). A lot longer of course. Do not want to nerf the pro floaters who don't even know what blaster are. Not a serious thought, just something I thought up while reading this. I do not think turrets really matter either way. they are insignificant.