Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Story Arc Thoughts

Varium
04.06.2014 , 08:46 AM | #11
I hope it's not about Emperor because throwing him this soon is a mistake.
50 V Legacy

Nieme
04.07.2014 , 01:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BradyJohnston View Post
Beware spoilers for the Dawn of the Jedi comics

If you have not already, I recommend watching the cut scenes of Imp/Pub story lines with the flashpoints in 2.7 on YouTube, Dulfy put them up. Also each class receives in game mail, much that is not significant, but the Sith Warrior is told that the Emperor IS alive. It is hard to think of the supposed "ground shaking event" that Bioware refers to not involving the Emperor, and his story is intertwined with Revan's, so we'll probably see him too. There have been some things going on in my mind after reading the Dawn of the Jedi comics, watching the cut scenes from 2.7, and thinking about the more recent Swtor story:

-In the Korriban flashpoints, final Sith and Jedi that you fight both vaguely mention an "old man" who obviously told them about an event that would happen, including their own deaths, as they act surprised that it happened so soon. This probably means it was a recent development. As to the identity of the "old man", Revan and the Emperor could be trying to pit each faction against each other, but Revan doesn't necessarily look old and the Emperor will probably be looking for a more suitable host body than an old man. It is possible that Calphayus is manipulating these people. If you did not know, he is the sole survivor of the Dread Masters on the Light Sided Republic Oricon arc, and we always speculated the Masters' connection to the Emperor and his appearance would fit. The last bit that made me legitimately consider him is he was the Dread Master associated with visions, time, and prophecy, giving him the ability to tell the Jedi about the doomsday thing that "we cannot stop."

-What relic was "under" the temple on Tython that the Sith Goh and company where searching for that would be some super amazing victory for the Empire? In the Dawn of the Jedi comics, basically the Kwa was an advanced race that made Infinity Gates, similar to the Gree's Hypergates as seen in TFB, that taught the Rakata how to use the force. The Rakata became a vicious, Dark side obsessed Empire that killed much of the Kwa and enslaved everyone else. In the comics, the Rakata invade Tython, trying to take the Infinity Gate that the Kwa built there to use as a weapon. Not only could the Infinity Gates be used as a way to travel, but they can decimate planets with Infinity Waves. If you remember in TFB, a lot of the dialogue of the Dread Masters was done by Calphayus, and it is possible the Dread Masters were on Asation with a motive that we did not know about. Tython, Lehon, Dathomir, and a moon in the unknown regions are the places where Infinity Gates are known to be, so while it would be a good reason to search Tython, it could lead to Lehon being a new planet in an expansion.

What do you think?
I think you have a pretty good theory on what could happen in the future, and if it turns out true it would make for a very good story, as long as bioware writes it correctly.
"You are no more powerful than you make yourself. If you see yourself as having weakness, you are simply increasing the problem. It's a self fulfilling prophecy."
-Lord Mal'kith

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 04:35 AM | #13
Beware spoilers for the Dawn of the Jedi comics

If you have not already, I recommend watching the cut scenes of Imp/Pub story lines with the flashpoints in 2.7 on YouTube, Dulfy put them up. Also each class receives in game mail, much that is not significant, but the Sith Warrior is told that the Emperor IS alive. It is hard to think of the supposed "ground shaking event" that Bioware refers to not involving the Emperor, and his story is intertwined with Revan's, so we'll probably see him too. There have been some things going on in my mind after reading the Dawn of the Jedi comics, watching the cut scenes from 2.7, and thinking about the more recent Swtor story:

-In the Korriban flashpoints, final Sith and Jedi that you fight both vaguely mention an "old man" who obviously told them about an event that would happen, including their own deaths, as they act surprised that it happened so soon. This probably means it was a recent development. As to the identity of the "old man", Revan and the Emperor could be trying to pit each faction against each other, but Revan doesn't necessarily look old and the Emperor will probably be looking for a more suitable host body than an old man. It is possible that Calphayus is manipulating these people. If you did not know, he is the sole survivor of the Dread Masters on the Light Sided Republic Oricon arc, and we always speculated the Masters' connection to the Emperor and his appearance would fit. The last bit that made me legitimately consider him is he was the Dread Master associated with visions, time, and prophecy, giving him the ability to tell the Jedi about the doomsday thing that "we cannot stop."

-What relic was "under" the temple on Tython that the Sith Goh and company where searching for that would be some super amazing victory for the Empire? In the Dawn of the Jedi comics, basically the Kwa was an advanced race that made Infinity Gates, similar to the Gree's Hypergates as seen in TFB, that taught the Rakata how to use the force. The Rakata became a vicious, Dark side obsessed Empire that killed much of the Kwa and enslaved everyone else. In the comics, the Rakata invade Tython, trying to take the Infinity Gate that the Kwa built there to use as a weapon. Not only could the Infinity Gates be used as a way to travel, but they can decimate planets with Infinity Waves. If you remember in TFB, a lot of the dialogue of the Dread Masters was done by Calphayus, and it is possible the Dread Masters were on Asation with a motive that we did not know about. Tython, Lehon, Dathomir, and a moon in the unknown regions are the places where Infinity Gates are known to be, so while it would be a good reason to search Tython, it could lead to Lehon being a new planet in an expansion.

What do you think?
Seeing that Calphayus can either be killed or spared by the player, you can be sure he won't be making any other appearances.

Bioware stated as much, a couple of times in the past, concerning characters whose ultimate fate is player determined.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Leftenant Davrill elaborates on his strategy
The battle for Balmorra can only be won with blood, sweat and tears: our sweat, their blood and tears.

BradyJohnston
04.07.2014 , 01:13 PM | #14
Today, Bioware put up a State of the Galaxy post from the Shroud containing a lot of information on how things are going in the galaxy at the moment. I understand, Darth_Wicked, that Bioware wants to keep players' decisions unaltered, but I think this is more than a simple nod to a single possible outcome of the Oricon story arc.
Quote:
Oricon
Reports from Oricon have been highly erratic and contradictory. Used as a headquarters by rogue Sith known as the Dread Masters, the moon was invaded by Republic and Imperial forces, all of whom seem to have suffered from psychological manipulations with varying degrees of severity. In spite of these effects, the Dread Masters themselves were neutralized, though it remains unclear which side is responsible.

Before their defeat, the Dread Masters were a significant threat to both the Republic and the Empire; this was a danger more in terms of mass violence than one of any real political potential. Followers of the Dread Masters amassed an impressive collection of ancient and unusual technologies to serve their ends; Asset O-9 has been assigned to assess the possibility of recovering some of these technologies, and to confirm or disprove rumors that one of the Dread Masters may have been captured alive by Republic forces.

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 01:18 PM | #15
Today, Bioware put up a State of the Galaxy post from the Shroud containing a lot of information on how things are going in the galaxy at the moment. I understand, Darth_Wicked, that Bioware wants to keep players' decisions unaltered, but I think this is more than a simple nod to a single possible outcome of the Oricon story arc.
More like a nod that simply reinforces what Bioware has been doing all this time: NOT to override whatever decision the players come to make.

It mentions the hypothetical survival of one of the DM's, like it mentions the hypothetical retrieval of the DM's technology, which is something that is ALSO player determined, Empire side.
The battle for Balmorra can only be won with blood, sweat and tears: our sweat, their blood and tears.

BradyJohnston
04.07.2014 , 01:27 PM | #16
While the Shroud doesn't seem to fit the role of "mysterious, manipulative, fate-revealing old man" that I want to fill with Calphayus, it is clear that the Shroud will play some part in the upcoming story. What significance could the Shroud make in an ancient relic hunt with cross faction destruction?

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 01:37 PM | #17
While the Shroud doesn't seem to fit the role of "mysterious, manipulative, fate-revealing old man" that I want to fill with Calphayus, it is clear that the Shroud will play some part in the upcoming story. What significance could the Shroud make in an ancient relic hunt with cross faction destruction?
I doubt we'll see anything significant, as far as the Shroud is concerned, until 3.0 hits.

As it is now, he merely occupies what is designated as the all "omniscient third person narrator", who serves as an independent bystander while commenting on both factions.

tanerb
04.07.2014 , 02:07 PM | #18
I think emperor/revan will be ops bosses

BradyJohnston
04.09.2014 , 01:13 PM | #19
After playing the 4 flashpoints myself, I'm pretty sure whatever it was Lord Goh found had to have been a holocron, weapon, or something that could be loaded onto a ship. Also, didn't Goh's strange silence scream possession to you, likely by the Emperor? I'm also thinking about how Theron said you need to do some digging with a person who's outside of "the system" and is neutral (The Shroud? ).

Darth_Wicked
04.09.2014 , 08:38 PM | #20
After playing the 4 flashpoints myself, I'm pretty sure whatever it was Lord Goh found had to have been a holocron, weapon, or something that could be loaded onto a ship. Also, didn't Goh's strange silence scream possession to you, likely by the Emperor? I'm also thinking about how Theron said you need to do some digging with a person who's outside of "the system" and is neutral (The Shroud? ).
Doubtful. I'd say more but it's probably for the best if I do not. However...
Spoiler