Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really enjoying the two new tactical FPs and the story arc!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Really enjoying the two new tactical FPs and the story arc!

Kayeri
04.09.2014 , 09:09 AM | #1
Yeah... I ran the Imperial side last night, I hope to get through the Republic side in the next couple of days! This is an amazing start and is just rife with possibilities! The artwork was amazing, too, the opposing capitol ships in orbit, the dogfighting, the class ships and GSF ships visible.. wonderful attention to detail! And then the post-debrief where both sides are kinda going, "Um... that was weird, what just happened?"

I am really looking forward to seeing where this goes! =)
TORWars and TORWarz

Proud of being both Republic and Empire!

The Shadowlands

Baynard
04.09.2014 , 09:18 AM | #2
I agree.

Bioware hears a lot of QQ, and not much praise.

Good job guys. The new FP's are fun and the storyline is a great start to what I'm sure will be a really cool arc.

I can't wait to see the operations that are in store.

Good job guys, keep it up.
Beezy, I miss you already brother.

sithBracer
04.09.2014 , 11:14 AM | #3
2 manned it yesterday. Fun and challenging. Good story as well. Looking forward to the next piece of the story.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Zesprus
04.09.2014 , 03:06 PM | #4
Totally disagree, I think the story arc location is the biggest pile of poo-doo, in the context of the overall game.... and I stress "in the context of the overall game"...

I can be in Tython recruiting and hanging out in the Jedi temple, 10 minutes later it's in ruins, and when I'm done be back in the idyllic surroundings of Tython again.

It makes no sense whatsoever... same goes for imp side.

I bit of common sense could have had this story arc played out on the planets in question, but in other locations that aren't fundamental to the way the game plays out.

Total fail, and a lazy attempt to introduce quick new content using existing assets as a base.

Maudril
04.09.2014 , 04:21 PM | #5
Lana whats-her-face's appearance bugged me. While I appreciated she used new assets, the assets were not put together well. She stands out from the rest of the ingame characters, not in a good way

Other than that, fun, if only there was a 55HM version.
Kardrik - Rage/Vengeance/Immortal Juggernaut -- Nyphira - Madness/Darkness Assassin
Ventoria - Madness/Lightning/Corruption Sorcerer -- Sylvine - Carnage/Rage Marauder
Lyniera - Medicine/Concealment Operative -- Carthyena - Bodyguard/Arsenal/Pyro Mercenary
Joranik - Focus/Vigilance/Defense Guardian ------- Alairna - Balance/KCombat Shadow

Lorrimar
04.09.2014 , 05:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maudril View Post
if only there was a 55HM version.
*sigh*

amen brother, amen.

venomlash
04.09.2014 , 05:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Maudril View Post
Other than that, fun, if only there was a 55HM version.
This this this this and this.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

GrandLordMenace
04.09.2014 , 05:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zesprus View Post
Totally disagree, I think the story arc location is the biggest pile of poo-doo, in the context of the overall game.... and I stress "in the context of the overall game"...

I can be in Tython recruiting and hanging out in the Jedi temple, 10 minutes later it's in ruins, and when I'm done be back in the idyllic surroundings of Tython again.

It makes no sense whatsoever... same goes for imp side.

I bit of common sense could have had this story arc played out on the planets in question, but in other locations that aren't fundamental to the way the game plays out.

Total fail, and a lazy attempt to introduce quick new content using existing assets as a base.
LOLOLOLOL think about it, you ACTUALLY think the tython starter planet and the flashpoints take place at the exact same time? Like every MMO every zone is frozen in time, just like on taris you have chancellor saresh as a senator and at 55 you have her as chancellor. It's really *********** simple.
Rydarus Veneris the Eternal Forum Warrior, Lord of Alacrity, of the Ruined World, 8/10 HM TOS/Rav 9/10 Dread Nightmares
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-...de-by-rydarus/

sanctified
04.09.2014 , 07:34 PM | #9
Ran both of them multiple times today. Love 'em to death. A 55 HM version designed as a proper FP wouldn't bother me at all, but I love what's been presented. It's much more fun than KDY ever was. Lana Beniko is an intriguing new character, whom I'd like to learn more about. (Seems to be a force user, but I didn't see a lightsaber. More importantly, I didn't see a wedding ring!)

They're a great start for newly minted 55's looking to get some starter epics.

As for any concerns regarding confusion on the timeline, I can only assume you've killed Emperor Malgus about a thousand times by now. Progress marches on!
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

thewitchdoctor
04.09.2014 , 08:00 PM | #10
I agree.

They are fun, just-quick-enough, and the boss's at least keep you paying some degree of attention to your feet.

The story seems to be an interesting setup so far ...

Spoiler

... other than THAT, I am looking forward to this year's arc!

And Bioware, I, too, second that we need HM versions of these TFPs. All three of them to match CZ. Personally, I vote for a NiM mode of FPs too.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin
Healer: Scoundrel