Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware.... y u do this?

VoW_LugNut
04.08.2014 , 03:55 PM | #1
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Llama-Eight
04.09.2014 , 05:31 AM | #2
Create blonde characters? Seems a bit harsh to have an issue with that...

Never_Hesitate
04.09.2014 , 05:58 AM | #3
I hope he means "Why can't we have this hairstyle yet?"
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

VoW_LugNut
04.09.2014 , 08:13 AM | #4
No I mean the quality of this new character looks like complete garbage. Like they handed a 2 year old a computer with mspaint and said "here, make us a new character"
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Tannatra
04.09.2014 , 08:25 AM | #5
lol it wouldnt be the first time they added somewhat ugly characters though would it... *cough*Lord Krovos*cough*... nuff said

MillionsKNives
04.09.2014 , 09:13 AM | #6
I have to admit that I thought something similar. She looks pretty bad. Her face and hair just doesn't fit with the rest of the NPCs and PCs. And I'm not just referring to the fact that we don't have the option to use either.

Projawa
04.09.2014 , 09:45 PM | #7
Yep this is shoddy facial modeling. The wild hair, the eyelids/lashes clipping, skin tone, nose shape, texture unevennes, no eyelights/reflections, mydriasis. I understand it's a one-off NPC and not a customization for player toons where we'd have to look at it day in day out (can you imagine anyone paying CCs for this cosmetic unlock) but that's no excuse for this sloppy work. It looks half finished and very amateurish. As a result it looks very out of place and therefore breaks story immersion which is what BW is supposedly about. It's a shame because so far she's written as an interesting character.

btw, Theron Shan could use a sharper more defined nose than the one in game.

I kind of wonder if they have or follow standardized procedures/checklists. Like when you make/reskin a robotic mask or helm, make sure it is flagged for voice modulation in the game files from the getgo. When you make a new double lightsaber, make sure it is scaled down when holstered on the belt so it doesn't stick out like a 3rd leg. When you create a new NPC face for Lana make sure her eyes have eyelights and don't make her look like poo.

sanctified
04.09.2014 , 09:57 PM | #8
What are you animals talking about? Lana is adorable. Unconventional doesn't mean ugly.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

DieGhostDie
04.10.2014 , 01:39 AM | #9
I definitely agree with Lugnut. This looks like an amateur textured her poorly just like this cartoon...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ns0aXPuXr9...ht_2d_dvd_.jpg

Needs moar MudBox/Maya
<Intrepid> of The Harbinger
Prompto -retired gunslinger DPS- Shulk -mercenary-
5/5 DF and 4/5 DP Nitmod (Sike nah #LOLezmod) Content
Marksmanship Guide // Sharpshooter Guide FOREVER POWERED BY CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL

Llama-Eight
04.10.2014 , 03:56 AM | #10
So every (human) character has to be tanned & attractive with coiffed hair? If you're going towards the dark side, you're supposed (IMO) to look a bit fuggly/not-a-hollywood-starlet.