Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

(BUG) Marka Ragnos set not showing in Collections

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
(BUG) Marka Ragnos set not showing in Collections
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
04.08.2014 , 11:18 PM | #1
Hi everybody,

Today I purchased the Marka Ragnos set for one of my alts, I did it with the intention of unlocking it for all my characters via "collections".

I purchased 4 pieces from the GTN, and 2 from the I.C.E Vendor.
They're all equipped on my alt at the moment. I tried removing them and putting them in my bank etc...however it's still showing that I don't have the set when I look under collections.

Any suggestions?

LydMekk's Avatar


LydMekk
04.09.2014 , 01:38 AM | #2
Is the pieces from the ICE vendor really compatible With the others? Guess you will have to buy all the pieces from the GTN not just 4.

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
04.09.2014 , 09:42 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Is the pieces from the ICE vendor really compatible With the others? Guess you will have to buy all the pieces from the GTN not just 4.
You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sindariel's Avatar


Sindariel
04.09.2014 , 10:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.
That's not true. You CAN unlock sets in the collection with pieces from reputation vendors, but you need to wait until the refund timer has finished and the item gets permanently bound to your character.

I unlocked the Thana Vesh set this way, by combining the chestpiece from rep vendor with the rest of the set bought from GTN.

The only items you can't unlock, are those which are exclusively available on the rep vendors, e.g. the golden Triumvirate set.

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
04.09.2014 , 10:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.
So if I understand correctly, are we supposed to consider the items from the Contraband and Bounty rep vendors (Thana Vesh set, Mask of Nihilus, etc) as the ones that are "bugged" since they do unlock those items and complete sets on the Collections?
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
04.09.2014 , 10:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.
1) Nowhere in the in game HELP files or even the forums does is state that u can not complete a collection the way I have.There is actually no guideline that explains any of this clearly, you'd think there would be at least a sticky on the forums. But even if there was, most players never check those, there should be a tool tip stating specifically that the items won't count for the collection, but there aren't. This is BIOWARE's responsibility not the player's.

2) I have spent a lot of money on Cartel Packs in order to get Hero rep with I.C.E. and the Certificates needed for gear. Rep which by the way is ACCOUNT wide on all my characters, so your above is invalid and does not apply.

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
04.09.2014 , 10:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
So if I understand correctly, are we supposed to consider the items from the Contraband and Bounty rep vendors (Thana Vesh set, Mask of Nihilus, etc) as the ones that are "bugged" since they do unlock those items and complete sets on the Collections?
None of this is properly explained anywhere man, which is what leads to these frustrating and unfair situation. People spend their time and money on this game and sometimes their investment is not treated with the proper respect.

I've unlocked the Aratech Nethian vehicle from 1 of the reputation vendors on the same day I purchased the Marka Ragnos set. That one works but my armor doesn't. They have yet to reply to my in-game ticket.

JimG's Avatar


JimG
04.09.2014 , 11:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.
That's untrue. If items are not being added to collections through the ICE vendors, then that's a change in the way these vendors work. Through the Bounty Supply vendors, I purchased the Mira's Armor set and the Miniature Isotope-5 Droid and they added to my collections. Through the Contraband Resale vendors, I purchased the Diplomat's Hoverchair, Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-Lizard, and Shadow Nekarr Cat and they all added to my collections. For the armor sets, they would add to collections once the bind timer wears off or if you added mods to accelerate the bind process. Frankly, it SHOULD work this way too as Cartel Certificates come from packs so this stuff is still being purchased through the CM.

Shefu's Avatar


Shefu
04.09.2014 , 11:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
That's untrue. If items are not being added to collections through the ICE vendors, then that's a change in the way these vendors work. Through the Bounty Supply vendors, I purchased the Mira's Armor set and the Miniature Isotope-5 Droid and they added to my collections. Through the Contraband Resale vendors, I purchased the Diplomat's Hoverchair, Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-Lizard, and Shadow Nekarr Cat and they all added to my collections. For the armor sets, they would add to collections once the bind timer wears off or if you added mods to accelerate the bind process. Frankly, it SHOULD work this way too as Cartel Certificates come from packs so this stuff is still being purchased through the CM.
All valid points, they're all items from the CM. And the timer has worn off quickly because I put mods it in....

This is very frustrating :|

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
04.09.2014 , 11:59 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
So if I understand correctly, are we supposed to consider the items from the Contraband and Bounty rep vendors (Thana Vesh set, Mask of Nihilus, etc) as the ones that are "bugged" since they do unlock those items and complete sets on the Collections?
I'm looking into this now to find out. I'll update this thread as I get info.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]