Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImmortalLowlife
04.08.2014 , 08:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Is any of the new content soloable?
I'd like to know this myself...
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

ZionHalcyon
04.08.2014 , 08:57 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
So if this is a 3 part story, does that mean that we won't be getting an update on the story in every patch until the end of the year?

Since in June we are getting 2.8

August we are getting something (lets say 2.9)

October - 2.10

December 2.11

(Ignoring the fact that the numbers may be wrong)

We have 4 patches coming up by the end of the year (one if which includes the "makeb sized expansion") with only 2 containing story for this...
Can we get any indication of when this story will continue?
This is PRECISELY what I want to know, and I also want to know if any of it is quests (feeding into the soloable question).

This game is sorely hurting for quest story content.

MisterBlackJack
04.08.2014 , 09:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I wasn't talking about how long they are though. I was asking when they come out.
I know we don't know, I was just hoping that maybe we could get some indication of how long we may have to wait to continue the story (in hopes of avoiding the long wait and eventual end of class stories like we originally had)

Since its 3 parts it would be fairly safe to assume they mean that we will be getting in 3 different patches (the first of which being 2.7)
Well they have said plenty of times they are not working on class stories and have no plans to continue them.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

ninjonxb
04.08.2014 , 09:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Well they have said plenty of times they are not working on class stories and have no plans to continue them.
Sorry but are you reading my posts?

In my post I mentioned that class stories are canceled. But we did not know this for a while after launch. My point in asking is to avoid the lack of communication that resulted in people wondering when we would get more class story.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

ZionHalcyon
04.08.2014 , 09:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Just because they are no longer doing class stories does not stop them from doing a questline all 4 classes can play and that pulls from the various class stories so that as people play that storyline, they feel the spirit of their class story is infused into that shared questline.

Brewski
04.08.2014 , 10:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
This game is sorely hurting for quest story content.
Wha...???

This game has more story quest content than any three MMO's out there combined. You have 8 class stories and two factions stories through level 50, and another more or less "unified" story through 55. Not to mention the side/optional arcs out there. (Seeker/Macrobinocular quests.)

Granted, any game benefits from additional content of all types, but to suggest we have less questing content in TOR seems like an odd criticism.

Summerinkyoto
04.08.2014 , 10:27 AM | #17
Im not very happy with this patch. Another tactical flash point really? and to remove the knock down on hidden strike for operatives is absurd. i cant even enjoy my concealment role any more. if i wanted to make a pvp based toon then i would have been on a pvp server. Dont try to fix something thats not broken . Way to go bioware. Im going to unsub at this point.

Rasen
04.08.2014 , 10:36 AM | #18
I'm very happy with this patch so far. The two flashpoints are very fun especially when two manning it. The actual boss mechanics keep you on your toes and the loot inside is good if you are lucky. The changes to each class is great. The removal of knockdowns will now make PvP less annoying. I was playing my Jugg though and the changes to Enraged Defense is OMG amazing! I didn't need a healer for that flashpoint because the heals from Enraged Defense kept healing me to full lol. Might be a tad overpowered, but I'll need to use it outside of flashpoint environments.

Things I have to do when I return from work...
Quesh Huttball
Begin upgrading to Brutalizer
Sell MMG's
Try and fail Nightmare Dread Fortress
Run Forged Alliances on every character
Bounty Event

MisterBlackJack
04.08.2014 , 10:48 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Summerinkyoto View Post
Im not very happy with this patch. Another tactical flash point really? and to remove the knock down on hidden strike for operatives is absurd. i cant even enjoy my concealment role any more. if i wanted to make a pvp based toon then i would have been on a pvp server. Dont try to fix something thats not broken . Way to go bioware. Im going to unsub at this point.
I believe they are removing story mode for tactical (role neutral not level nuetral, kuat is an exception.) But they still plan to make hard modes won't be surprised if we see hard modes of these flash point later down the line.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

ZionHalcyon
04.08.2014 , 10:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Wha...???

This game has more story quest content than any three MMO's out there combined. You have 8 class stories and two factions stories through level 50, and another more or less "unified" story through 55. Not to mention the side/optional arcs out there. (Seeker/Macrobinocular quests.)

Granted, any game benefits from additional content of all types, but to suggest we have less questing content in TOR seems like an odd criticism.
Some of us have been here long enough to have done all the class quests 10 times over. I am taking about new Story quest content since the release of makeb.

The only thing that even comes remotely close to qualifying is Oricon and that is in conjunction with a daily area and is VERY short.

The rest is dailies, flashpoints, and operations, none of which fit the definition of questing content.