Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.08.2014 , 07:30 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

Game Update 2.7 is now live! Fight for Tython and Korriban in Part 1 of the new storyline "Forged Alliances."

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ninjonxb
04.08.2014 , 07:54 AM | #2
So if this is a 3 part story, does that mean that we won't be getting an update on the story in every patch until the end of the year?

Since in June we are getting 2.8

August we are getting something (lets say 2.9)

October - 2.10

December 2.11

(Ignoring the fact that the numbers may be wrong)

We have 4 patches coming up by the end of the year (one if which includes the "makeb sized expansion") with only 2 containing story for this...
Can we get any indication of when this story will continue?

VitalityPrime
04.08.2014 , 07:56 AM | #3
Is any of the new content soloable?
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

XionUtz
04.08.2014 , 08:05 AM | #4
I am super excited. I cant wait to take it to the Jedi on Typhon. This is gonna be sweet. I am really looking forward to season 2 PVP and WZ too. Maybe.... Just maybe I can rank well enough with my Sorcerer. hehehehe.

GrimAce
04.08.2014 , 08:11 AM | #5
As someone who doesn't frequent the forums, or check PTS leaks or anything, part of me is a bit disappointed that the starting worlds didn't change to reflect the aftermath of the invasions. I understand that it'd be impractical, a waste of time and by all measures more trouble then it would be worth, but still. >.>

That aside, however, looking forward to running the new content. Keep it coming, guys!
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

Heathaustin
04.08.2014 , 08:16 AM | #6
I read somewhere about the level cap being increased but see nothing is said in the notes about it... so is that a no?

ninjonxb
04.08.2014 , 08:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Heathaustin View Post
I read somewhere about the level cap being increased but see nothing is said in the notes about it... so is that a no?
Not this patch. All we know this year is that we will be getting a "makeb sized expansion" that I think that they said will include a level cap raise.

Spiritrider
04.08.2014 , 08:31 AM | #8
So where do we pick up the beginning of this new story arc?
"May the Force be with you"
-Almost every person in the SW universe ever

MisterBlackJack
04.08.2014 , 08:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
So if this is a 3 part story, does that mean that we won't be getting an update on the story in every patch until the end of the year?

Since in June we are getting 2.8

August we are getting something (lets say 2.9)

October - 2.10

December 2.11

(Ignoring the fact that the numbers may be wrong)

We have 4 patches coming up by the end of the year (one if which includes the "makeb sized expansion") with only 2 containing story for this...
Can we get any indication of when this story will continue?
They just said it's 3 parts no where did they say how long each part is. Part 2 could expand over 2 patches or part 3 could be a patch and an expansion. We don't know enough at the moment. We do know 3.0 will be coming sometime this year
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

ninjonxb
04.08.2014 , 08:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
They just said it's 3 parts no where did they say how long each part is. We do know 3.0 will be coming sometime this year
I wasn't talking about how long they are though. I was asking when they come out.
I know we don't know, I was just hoping that maybe we could get some indication of how long we may have to wait to continue the story (in hopes of avoiding the long wait and eventual end of class stories like we originally had)

Since its 3 parts it would be fairly safe to assume they mean that we will be getting in 3 different patches (the first of which being 2.7)