Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
04.08.2014 , 07:37 AM | #721 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KingofGob View Post
a three tiered pyramid leading to two unconnected scoring platforms at the highest tier. Teams score points based on the difference in number of players in each zone.
That is a very interesting concept! How do you move from one level to another? Do you see an issue with the team on top not being able to be knocked off from below because they have the high ground? Would it be overly aggravating to classes without knockbacks to play? What would their role be?
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Jherad
04.08.2014 , 08:11 AM | #722
A big grey dome with 16 terminals arranged in a circle near the middle.

Activating a terminal costs 100 cartel coins, awards your team a point and makes your team invulnerable to damage for 10 seconds. The winning team is the one with the most points after 10 mins.

Hey, you can win without firing a shot. Objective based warzones ftw.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

AssajiStarseed
04.08.2014 , 08:13 AM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Who cares about the 'good' players or the emotionally wounded lovers lol!? I care about me! I definitely support another objective heavy warzone. Maybe a moving objective warzone like Headquarters in Call of Duty for example. Where a specific point is highlighted and players have to cap it via novarre coast capping and control it for a certain amount of time. First time to have their control tally reach say 5 minutes wins the game. So pretty much a moving king of the hill game.

Edit: I can go into more details in a few. Just cooking something right now lol.
That's a cool idea man.
Velvet Shroud
The Force shall free me..

-QuanChi
04.08.2014 , 08:16 AM | #724
Something with totally different mechanics than what's available now. The gate puzzle in Dread Fortress comes to mind....

Also can you guys add the ability to form 8 man teams for pvp instead of just 4?

Kurvv
04.08.2014 , 09:35 AM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post

Activating a terminal costs 100 cartel coins, awards your team a point and makes your team invulnerable to damage for 10 seconds. The winning team is the one with the most points after 10 mins.

I think we just found our winner!
Except forget the dome part. It would take too many resources.
My preferred method of cc is death

Dedrayge
04.08.2014 , 09:38 AM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post

Would not be surprised if this type of a WZ was implemented.

Making a WZ that doesn't require the use of the game's combat mechanics is bad, very bad...
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Elminster_cs
04.08.2014 , 09:49 AM | #727
Can anyone remember the mode called "onslaught" in UT?
Here I share to you the concept:

Quote:
Each team starts off with 1 base, each HOME base has a
"Power Core" the objective of the game is to destroy your
opponents power core and effectively blow up they're base.
pretty simple right? Not quite. The concept really comes
into play with you take into effect that you CANNOT directly
attack your opponents base, you must LINK to it. this is
where all the strategy of Onslaught really comes into play.

In each level, there are a number of "extra" bases for the
players to take over. You start with the one(s) that are
linked to your OWN base and build off that. Using this
system you create a "connect-the-dots" type pattern to your
Enemies base. Once you establish a link to your opponents
main base, you may then attack and destroy it. The concept
of the game is very fun and requires a LOT of team-play and
tactics.
And a map example:
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/uploa...UT_ONS_map.jpg

of course, something must be redesigned, but something similar can be very nice, you have to destroy an enemy taghet, but before doing so you have to link several node to have access to it.

I think this work both ground PvP and GFS.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

DirtyJef
04.08.2014 , 10:18 AM | #728
This may be one of those things that belongs in it's own que instead of the WZ que( as Huttball does, in my opinion ) but....

3 stage PVP & PVE Flashpoint
( should include NPCs like a flashpoint as well as two player teams )
( yes, NPCs should be combatants, for an intense open-world feel with the balancing of bolster )
( no, NPCs should not respawn, they are simply an additional and optional objective and environmental hazard for the attacking faction, and should be dead for good as they are in Flashpoints )

Same objective types as warzones ( hold ground around turrets, doors, etc ) to get to complete the stage

Round 1
First stage: Neutral ground ( as the assault begins )
Common objective and 2 mirrored objectives

Capturing the common objective and one of the enemy's mirror objectives, or both of the enemy's mirror objectives will take you to one of the other 2 stages

Winning takes you to Second stage owned by the opposing faction, where you are the attacker
Losing takes you to Second stage owned by your own faction, where you are the defender

Round 2
Second stage: Ground controlled by the LOSING faction of the first stage ( as the assault continues )
NPC's belong to the defending faction
Graphics of stage should reflect defending faction specifically (to give environment an Imperial or Republic feel)
2-3 single objectives (winner from stage 1 attacks, winner from stage 2 defends)

Successful attack grants a win to the attackers (winners of stage 1) and match ends
Successful defense brings defenders to other faction's stage 2 to attack

Round 3 (only if the match is tied, defenders of round 2 may counter attack if defense was successful )
Same as stage 2, but roles are reversed, and NPCs/graphics of environment now match the new defending faction

Successful defense or attack grants the final point and ends the match

KingofGob
04.08.2014 , 10:48 AM | #729
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
That is a very interesting concept! How do you move from one level to another? Do you see an issue with the team on top not being able to be knocked off from below because they have the high ground? Would it be overly aggravating to classes without knockbacks to play? What would their role be?
I forgot to update my post with a map. Here's what A quick sketch of what I had in mind. Hopefully that clarifies things. The high ground issue should be resolved naturally in a few different ways. First, with two scoring platforms teams have 2 different zones to score in so if one team manages to pile into one the other should be more easily accessible. There are also two ramps to the scoring platform so teams would have to split up to guard both sides of the platform. If a team a very coordinated and manages to evenly split 4/4 and everyone is lining up knockbacks there are still several ways to break through, stealth, pulls, leaps etc. While knockbacks would clearly be powerful the scoring platforms could be big enough such that a player could stand in the center and be relatively safe from an auto-knockoff. This would prevent the player from healing or damaging the other platform so there is a risk/reward there. If a player is really fedup with knockbacks they could then play the huttball objective which is more like a VIP mode and doesn't revolve around positioning as much.
~~GaddockTeeg~~
Youtube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cD2OMh
Unnamed SWTOR Podcast: http://bit.ly/11wHvEI
Twitter: @GTeeg

Arehonn
04.08.2014 , 02:17 PM | #730
ASSAULT ON HOTH

PREMISE: The Imperials are launching an assault at the newly formed Epsilon base on Hoth from both air and ground! Join in the defense as a member of the Republic or crush their strategic foothold on the frozen planet of Hoth as an Imperial.

Alerted to the movement of the Imperial march, the Republic has loaded precious cargo of materials needed for new fuel cell technology on board the personal transport ship of Ambassador ( insert name here ), who was on the planet negotiating a truce between the Republic and White Claw. The Imperials have already made their way into the front door or Epsilon and are advancing on the hanger bay. Will the Ambassador safely escape? Will the Republic foothold in the icy mountains of Hoth stand? Or will the Imperials destroy a key resource depot as well as taking down an important figure in the leadership structure of the Republic in one swift blow?

HOW IT WORKS
:

Assault on Hoth is part Aldreeran, part Voidstar. In order for the Ambassador's ship to safely launch and jump to lightspeed, the Republic team must protect three ground to air turrets that are firing upon the Imperial cruisers that are laying in wait. Much like Voidstar, the interior of Epsilon is designed to prevent an attacking force from reaching certain areas of the base thanks in part to blast doors.

- Each turret can be repaired by the Republic, much like the turrets in Aldreeran can be turned depending on which faction holds them.

- The blast doors protecting the access tunnel leading outside to the turrets can be destroyed by targeting and using rocket launchers, like the ones on Illum you needed to use to destroy the ground walkers.

- Depending on what side owns the turret, it will either be a blast door that the Imperials have to take down or a force shield the Republic has to take down that the Imperials have placed to protect repairing the turret.

- Spawn points: Each side will have an access hallway available to the main area. An access hallway will become available to the turret room FROM the spawn point only if your team has control of the turret. So if your side has control of a turret, when you die you can use the access hallway to go to an wait by the turret while the opposing team is in the process of taking down the blast door ( or force shield ) from the main area. Because of the size and different areas of the map your team needs to be at, there is nothing to prevent a respawn time via the access hallway into the main area.

IMPERIALS
: To win, disable the turrets before the transport ship launches. At any time, If the Imperial cruiser is destroyed, the transport ship launches safely and your side loses.

REPUBLIC: To win, protect the turrets from the Imperials so the transport ship can escape. The Imperial cruiser must be destroyed before this happens! If the cruiser is still functioning, when the transport ship launches, it will be blown out of the sky!

Map: http://i.imgur.com/nVrFJ4N.jpg
AREHONN HEKTOR
- WAR -