Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why am i getting knocked off my mount so easily on this toon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
why am i getting knocked off my mount so easily on this toon?

ngoblirsch
04.07.2014 , 04:17 AM | #1
Okay, I'm getting frustrated.. I've leveled a few characters to 55 and quickly realized nice mounts are a must if you don't want to get knocked off everytime you agro a camp.. So I unlocked the overlord's throne though collection cause i love that mount. Now i'm leveling my third serious alt (a jedi sage) but i'm getting knocked off my mount EVERY SINGE TIME i agro a mob. my guardian and shadow (both tank specced) can just PLOW through mobs on my nice mounts even at low levels.. but now i can't with my sage. until now i thought getting knocked off mounts was determined by the level and quality of mount but now it starting to feel like its based on endurance/shield ratings or something.. can someone explain why?I don't want to stop and fight EVERY SINGLE mob i drive past..

Edzew
04.07.2014 , 05:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ngoblirsch View Post
Okay, I'm getting frustrated.. I've leveled a few characters to 55 and quickly realized nice mounts are a must if you don't want to get knocked off everytime you agro a camp.. So I unlocked the overlord's throne though collection cause i love that mount. Now i'm leveling my third serious alt (a jedi sage) but i'm getting knocked off my mount EVERY SINGE TIME i agro a mob. my guardian and shadow (both tank specced) can just PLOW through mobs on my nice mounts even at low levels.. but now i can't with my sage. until now i thought getting knocked off mounts was determined by the level and quality of mount but now it starting to feel like its based on endurance/shield ratings or something.. can someone explain why?I don't want to stop and fight EVERY SINGLE mob i drive past..
if im correct it has to do with your toon's level and the mobs level. i have found if the mob is the same level as me its about 50/50 but if they are even just one level above me its damn near 100% of the time. the best bet if you don't want to fight every mob is to try and avoid them and not just plow threw them. you can usually get around most mobs.

also when i say your toon's level i also mean it's mods on the armor. if you haven't updated them in a while and your mods are 5 levels below your actual level then that can get you knocked off as well.
Click Here for a free inventory slot!!!

ngoblirsch
04.07.2014 , 05:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
if im correct it has to do with your toon's level and the mobs level. i have found if the mob is the same level as me its about 50/50 but if they are even just one level above me its damn near 100% of the time. the best bet if you don't want to fight every mob is to try and avoid them and not just plow threw them. you can usually get around most mobs.

also when i say your toon's level i also mean it's mods on the armor. if you haven't updated them in a while and your mods are 5 levels below your actual level then that can get you knocked off as well.

Well now i feel like a freaking noob. I just face palmed myself. Yeah i am level 20 and all my mods are level 9.. I've been holding off cause as a sage i've felt pretty bullet proof and i wanted to wait till level 21 to upgrade them to save some commendations and thats the first time you get the resolve mods from commendation vendors. really really explains a lot. Thanks for the help man. I can deal with getting knocked off for one more level