Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should Explosive Conflict be nerfed?

AelixVII
04.06.2014 , 12:22 PM | #1
As it stands currently, I believe it's just as hard to get this done now than it was back in the days when 50 was cap and it was first introduced. It's easier to pug Dread Palace than it is to get past the 2nd boss in EC...

I know there are exceptions, some groups will be able to fly through it but generally speaking it's all about the tactics over how well your group is geared.

So what is the purpose of this and should anything be done?

Should it be left as it is with better rewards introduced or should some of the tactics be removed such as double destruction duties/less offensive system shields on the second boss to make it easier for groups?

Personally, I just want to get those damn Vehicle achievements done and out of my mission log and a little more variety in my classic ops weekly choices, because it's only ever KP or EV that people feel like it's worth doing for those Ult comms...

thatPERSON
04.06.2014 , 12:40 PM | #2
keep it the same. that op has mechanics that are as hard if not harder then the ops out right now and it should stay that way. the "nerf" to that op was 5 more lvls and more gear. if you cant get a group that can handle lvl 50 mechanics then you arent ready for it, period.

TrillOG-
04.06.2014 , 12:43 PM | #3
Why don't we make every add and boss in the game stand still and kill itself after you've been hitting it for 30 seconds?
No. EC has already been nerfed like 5x. Not to mention if you can't handle EC 5 levels above then good luck getting through the ops after.
Twitch
Gate Crasher
Dread Master
World First

RikuvonDrake
04.06.2014 , 01:30 PM | #4
I am sorry, but EC Nightmare is the only lvl 50 content that sill requires you to have some skill, knowledge how to execute tactics and some experiance. I don't mind if developers change the Hardmode or Storymode to cater the content more to the bad players but Nightmare is from the start not intended for everyone, and don't give me that crap about gear, when I first hit lvl 55 me and some friends did it for achievements and cleared it with ****** makeb gear.

Instead of asking for a nerf, you should consider how you play your class and if there is anything you can do to play it better, since if you are having troubles with EC Nightmare, there is something really wrong.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - MontŲr
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

AelixVII
04.06.2014 , 01:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
keep it the same. that op has mechanics that are as hard if not harder then the ops out right now and it should stay that way.
Sure, but what's the reason for that? you haven't exactly explained why there 'needs to be an ops with a high difficulty stuck in the level 50 range'.

Is it just a challenge that guilds like to come back to just to get it done? do they do it for the mounts?

My point is, it just feels like it's out of place, stuck there in the classic ops weekly where no one bothers touching it.

Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I am sorry, but EC Nightmare is the only lvl 50 content that sill requires you to have some skill, knowledge how to execute tactics and some experiance. I don't mind if developers change the Hardmode or Storymode to cater the content more to the bad players but Nightmare is from the start not intended for everyone, and don't give me that crap about gear, when I first hit lvl 55 me and some friends did it for achievements and cleared it with ****** makeb gear.
I agree NIM should be left but I already said in my first post it was about tacts and not gear?

Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Instead of asking for a nerf, you should consider how you play your class and if there is anything you can do to play it better, since if you are having troubles with EC Nightmare, there is something really wrong.
This isn't about me personally lol I know all the tactics and used to raid this one all the time when it was new. But these days my job makes it impossible to stick to a weekly schedule for raiding and I'm much happier pugging groups. On my server pugging works out surprisingly well for every other raid in the game except EC, so taking away some of the necessary tactics for SM/HM would be worth considering, if anything just for some variety.

TrillOG-
04.06.2014 , 01:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Sure, but what's the reason for that? you haven't exactly explained why there 'needs to be an ops with a high difficulty stuck in the level 50 range'.

Is it just a challenge that guilds like to come back to just to get it done? do they do it for the mounts?

My point is, it just feels like it's out of place, stuck there in the classic ops weekly where no one bothers touching it.
Well guess what? There's KP and EV that are perfect for the bads with 0 mechanics that do anything to get the weeklies done. EC is a good place for people to learn what a mechanic is and how to handle them. Leave it the same. People already can't clear the council and draxus on SM ffs. If you can't handle EC hm you don't deserve the ultimate comms. /thread
Not trying to come across as a dbag but lets get real here. The content in this game is already pretty frickin easy.
Twitch
Gate Crasher
Dread Master
World First

AAAAzrael
04.06.2014 , 02:49 PM | #7
As above. Also weeklies for DF/DP and S&V should be moved to last boss. I joined some SM PUGs to finish one-time quests on my Sorcerer last week and those people didn't deserve any comms whatsoever (I pulled 5000EHPS with 99,9% effective heals in one of those to give you an idea how bad it was).
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

DawnAskham
04.06.2014 , 06:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
As above. Also weeklies for DF/DP and S&V should be moved to last boss. I joined some SM PUGs to finish one-time quests on my Sorcerer last week and those people didn't deserve any comms whatsoever (I pulled 5000EHPS with 99,9% effective heals in one of those to give you an idea how bad it was).
Welcome to casual land of TOR, where even fails can get through enough content to get comms to over gear most things.

I'd love to see all the weeklies require killing the last boss, and have the comms that drop and / or are tied to the weekly be commensurate with the difficulty level (e.g. no getting Ultimate comms killing bosses in entry 55 SM ops).

And no, I'm not an elitist, but I also don't think one should be able to fail their way through trivial content and be awarded gear of a higher level than that content.

But I am a realist, and know they won't change this model as it keeps all the fail casual bad players playing by giving them the illusion of a challenge in killing a few SM operation bosses designed for 66 gear in their 72 / 78 comm gear.

Its also why I believe we'll never see another EC or Lost Island, so they should leave them alone and quit nerfing them for the fail players.

Never_Hesitate
04.07.2014 , 12:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Welcome to casual land of TOR, where even fails can get through enough content to get comms to over gear most things.
It gets even worse as soon as the 2nd best gear set gets craftable (78 in 2.7)
Then we will have more bads running around in even better gear
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

SamHoara
04.07.2014 , 01:11 AM | #10
After I fully cleared the Dread Ops HM I finally decided to clear EC NiM (mainly for the mounts). Well I ended up having a blast, never had so much fun in this game (Ops-wise).
I know that work and gaming don't get along well together, maybe you could try to form a group (in a non-guild environment) that runs once a week in order to clear the instance.
The mounts are cool, the title as well, the mechanics are fun... Yes, I'd be sad if they nerf it :/.