Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Can't raise my artifice level AT ALL!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Can't raise my artifice level AT ALL!

Zombie_Sith
04.06.2014 , 11:41 AM | #11
I think I am having the same problem. I am trying to get one of my companions to create a hilt (for example) and he won't do it. I only have two companions and the other is not on a mission. I am right clicking the icon, but it's still not working. Does anyone have any advice?

ScarletBlaze
04.06.2014 , 12:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombie_Sith View Post
I think I am having the same problem. I am trying to get one of my companions to create a hilt (for example) and he won't do it. I only have two companions and the other is not on a mission. I am right clicking the icon, but it's still not working. Does anyone have any advice?
Check to verify you have all the materials required. I have done this a few times and then I look at the materials and notice something is missing.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Sith-Viscera
04.06.2014 , 02:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombie_Sith View Post
Make sure you have the right skill level as well......
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

Tuyaya
01.17.2015 , 04:13 PM | #14
I also had a problem getting Artifice to start (1/400). You actually have to start Crafting ( hit the CRAFT button). And now i am maxed out at 60/400. I read another post that says I need to go get new schematics from my trainer. I do Archeology and Artifice. Now need to figure out where these trainers are, I would guess at the Republic space station.
Is it possible to reverse engineer a crystal?

Mithros
01.19.2015 , 04:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuyaya View Post
I also had a problem getting Artifice to start (1/400). You actually have to start Crafting ( hit the CRAFT button). And now i am maxed out at 60/400. I read another post that says I need to go get new schematics from my trainer. I do Archeology and Artifice. Now need to figure out where these trainers are, I would guess at the Republic space station.
Is it possible to reverse engineer a crystal?
Archaeology doesn't matter so much. The only time you need to go back to the gathering or mission trainers is when you are at 400 (390+, I think, needed to train) or 450 (440+).

For the crafting skills, you will want to check in reasonably often as you level up the skill in order to get new and/or higher level schematics.

When you are crafting a schematic has to be at least green (the number before the name of the item, indicating how many you can make based upon materials available) in order to advance your skill.

Green = 1 point
Yellow = 1 or 2 points
Orange = 2 points

If you have no green schematics then you need to check in with a trainer and learn some new ones. You may be able to do so earlier, but this is a sure giveaway.

Trainers are at the fleet, the faction capital, and some other planets. Nar Shaddaa, for example, has a full set of trainers scattered around the lower promenade.

You learned the skill. Where was the person that you talked to for that?

And yes, you can reverse engineer a crystal.
Whether you can learn any schematics from REing said crystal is another matter. Hit the RE button and mouse over the crystal and it will tell you.

Pretty sure that this is all in the codex.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.