Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

KorinHyvek
04.03.2014 , 10:25 PM | #2531
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus-Iso View Post
So myself as my usual operative!Healer and a guildy with an assassin!Tank decide to hit a HM, load into Athiss, find a marauder and an assassin!DPS. Check their gear, raise a quick eyebrow at the assassin having the sorcerer healing 4 piece set but hey, maybe he wanted the force bonus, and he's in 78 mods and enhancements so how bad can it be? Oh boy...

Takes us a while to notice but the assassin is playing ranged. Just ranged. No swings of is sabre to be found. None. We call him out at the final boss and get told something along the lines of "I'm not a marauder idiots". O_o

Since I try to fix rather than ignore the issue after we're done I whisper him about it and after painfully decoding his idiocy it turns out he thought that using any melee attack meant he would have to stack STR.

A level 55, with a 4 piece set bonus, in otherwise 78s, thinking that an assassin needed STR for melee attacks.

I told him politely he was wrong, referred him to the forums and Dulfy, and logged out before my brain suffered further.
Weirdly, if a Sorceror wanted to spam melee*, stacking strength would actually be necessary. For some bizarre reason, inquisitors/consulars only gain a willpower bonus to melee damage if they pick the assassin/shadow AC. Maybe he only checked the tooltip for melee bonus damage once on Korriban, and never noticed that willpower had started adding to damage once he became an assassin?

*Melee sorc should only be done if you want to be incredibly silly, AND your group is okay with it (probably because everybody's drinking. Man, that was a fun op even if we never got past the second boss). I'm just saying, if you wanted to optimize it some how, your best bet would be to take a set of adaptive gear from a warrior alt and equip that.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Loc_n_lol
04.03.2014 , 11:43 PM | #2532
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
For some bizarre reason, inquisitors/consulars only gain a willpower bonus to melee damage if they pick the assassin/shadow AC.
Even more bizarre : inquisitors and consulars actually gain a bonus to melee from willpower. Sorcerers and Sages lose it when taking their AC.
The Red Eclipse
Jayey - Gol'dy - Raibbach - Locnlol - Rex'Power'Colt - Ki'Sazen
Nyctis - Dre'xin - Jaegerk - Nahzeer - Pan'thera - Crystei

Halinalle
04.04.2014 , 01:23 AM | #2533
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Perhaps it [meaning level-cap players having wrong gear, wrong stats, no idea what their class DOES] is a result of end-game being more 'difficult' than leveling. It is true that the leveling game allows you the opportunity to learn all these things, but it doesn't make you learn them. But once you hit end-game, well, operations and HM FPs, perhaps some Heroics in the dailies, you need to implement these things to succeed without being overgeared or carried through by others. I am not pining for a return to the pain that [so I am told] was original UO/EQ, but maybe the genre needs to hold the 'standard' a little higher in the hopes that more will rise to it?
Knight story:
- plenty of bosses that require you to do this: attack -> interrupt -> attack -> attack -> interrupt -> attack -> interrupt (there's reason why you get 3 interrupts early in the game).
- pretty much the reason why so many people think Valis, Praven and Angral are difficult to beat.

Trooper story:
- plenty of fights where CC or Hold the Line is very useful.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 4
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

DataBeaver
04.04.2014 , 05:34 AM | #2534
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Oh, just as an aside --Irony:

PvP in SW: tOR carries little to no penalty on death (except maybe having to run back to where you were, boo-hoo).

PvE in SW: tOR penalty-on-death can get really expensive, really quickly.

Am I the only one who finds this strange?
PvE is designed to be winnable. It may be difficult at times, but with the right tactics the encounters can always be won with zero casualties. The penalties are there to encourage players to find the right tactics instead of just zerging until the boss dies.

PvP, in contrast, is designed to end in the death of some of the participants. A player of average skill can expect to die approximately as many times as he kills other players. Death penalties are removed to encourage players to engage in combat, even if they are not the top dog.

Halinalle
04.05.2014 , 12:41 AM | #2535
Best one from yesterday:
Level 20 KC spec'd Shadow who used lightsaber. No, I didn't forget to write "double-bladed".
Shadow used:
- Saber Strike when low on force
- Double Strike
- TK Throw
- kept Force Wave on cooldown religiously
- Stealth once

Didn't answer when asked about his weapon of choice. This person is going to hit brick wall at the speed of light on Belsavis if not earlier.

Icarus-Iso
04.05.2014 , 03:38 AM | #2536
HM Czerka Corporate Labs. 23K know it all Merc!DPS who had no relics and had "I only got this toon to 55 yesterday [insult, insult, insult]".

Good for you. Next time spend some time doing dailies to get some relics, learn some manners, and maybe you won't need to be carried through next time (and from his achievements he wasn't a poor little new player, just a lazy one).

Though it was satisfying to see him get taken out during Chief Zokar (his random grenade attacks were eating half this guys health, so I was already getting real sick of healing his hide). He stood in a red circle for too long and BAM, no more merc

If I wasn't always playing during the slower times I swear I'd have an achievement for kicking players by now...
Jack of all Classes | Master of None

Halinalle
04.05.2014 , 04:30 AM | #2537
Czerka Corporate Labs. 23K know it all Merc!DPS who had no relics and had "I only got this toon to 55 yesterday [insult, insult, insult]".
HM? If it was SM then you can't be serious.

rantboi
04.05.2014 , 04:52 AM | #2538
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
HM? If it was SM then you can't be serious.
sounds like hard mode since the grenades actually hurt and zokar lived long enough to get to the red circle phase

fire-breath
04.05.2014 , 04:52 AM | #2539
I really love those red circles. I hope they never get nerved since its really nice to learn that red = bad = dead. Can't learn that one soon enough. I'm often amazed that people still are being killed by those circles. Yes you don't have much time to walk out of them but hey ...... how much time does the gravity circle of Corrupter zero give you ;-)

Speaking about CZ. Slightly offtopic since it involves guildruns but its kinda funny to see people getting hanged in the air on Corrupter Zero HM when you tell them about 10 seconds in advance that they need to move out in about 10 seconds. The 1st gravity circle always spawns right after you killed the 1st addwave ;-)
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Srh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

SgtJeremy
04.05.2014 , 07:55 AM | #2540
Czerka Corporate Labs. 23K know it all Merc!DPS who had no relics and had "I only got this toon to 55 yesterday [insult, insult, insult]".

Good for you. Next time spend some time doing dailies to get some relics, learn some manners, and maybe you won't need to be carried through next time (and from his achievements he wasn't a poor little new player, just a lazy one).

Though it was satisfying to see him get taken out during Chief Zokar (his random grenade attacks were eating half this guys health, so I was already getting real sick of healing his hide). He stood in a red circle for too long and BAM, no more merc

If I wasn't always playing during the slower times I swear I'd have an achievement for kicking players by now...
I thought you were talking about me for a sec.

I did a random que today for a FP or whatever. Still no idea what it was. But luckily we had one guy leave before it started and the good folks told me I was severely under geared. They were nice enough to point me in the right direction to get properly geared before doing end game stuff. I got my Merc to level 55, first character I made and I been playing since launch So I had no idea what I was doing. Dodged a bullet. Sometimes it's better just to ask before doing something, luckily for me the people I was with were pretty forgiving.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Ex sub looking for free stuff why not use this.