Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hourly deals on the CM this friday?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hourly deals on the CM this friday?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

trancejeremy
04.04.2014 , 04:47 AM | #51
Well, realistically, anything like this is probably going to be run during office hours for wherever Bioware is located (Austin?)

Jerba
04.04.2014 , 05:21 AM | #52
It really is very frustrating not knowing the starting time...
It has been Friday for 13 hours in Europe by now, and in Austin it is currently 6:20am.

If anyone did not catch it, they talked about it in yesterday's livestream a little bit (starting at 52:39):
Quote:
Eric Musco: Ha, I was waiting to see-- I was curious if this question would come up. And it is a question that we can only vaguely answer. "How will the Cartel Market sale work tomorrow?" My answer to that would be: "Log in and check!"
Toby McCall: Yeah. It is supposed to be hourly, and some people are, you know-- I am not sure exactly about the details on how they are setting that up, because that is another person that handles that. But there is some cool things, a lot of good sales that we are going to launch. Definitely check it out.
Eric Musco: Log in and check.
Toby McCall: Please do.
[...]
Eric Musco: But I know, since we talked about it, a lot of people are asking a lot of questions about the Cartel Market sale stuff. What I would say is, we might intentionally be vague about it. Just pay attention to our Social Media network sites tomorrow and you'll get some details. I won't say all of the details, but you'll get more details.
Because of that, I think that it will go live while they are in the office, so starting in maybe 3 to 4 hours, and continuing for the next eight hours or so.
Considering that we "only" got 500 Cartel Coins, I don't think the sale is related to the giveaway since "a lot of good sales" will probably cost more than just 500 Cartel Coins. I think it is more directed at people who buy additional Cartel Coins with real money. Or maybe their statistics told them that subscribers have accumulated too many Cartel Coins and want to reduce them for the upcoming Housing project so people need to spend real money for more Cartel Coins.
Also, I get the feeling that it will be a lot bigger than the dyes sold on Black Friday, so we will see more than one item per hour and not just dyes.
In any case, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

ghoul_drool
04.04.2014 , 05:47 AM | #53
Quote:
Or maybe their statistics told them that subscribers have accumulated too many Cartel Coins and want to reduce them for the upcoming Housing project so people need to spend real money for more Cartel Coins.
That's a sound tactic. That's probably spot on concerning the timing of these sales. I don't know if Bioware has any statistics or anything, but this is certainly what I would do if I were running it =)

KyaniteD
04.04.2014 , 06:11 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
That's a sound tactic. That's probably spot on concerning the timing of these sales. I don't know if Bioware has any statistics or anything, but this is certainly what I would do if I were running it =)
Not very sound considering that it's being conducted on a workday. If they really wanted a maximum of "excess cartel coins" to be spent, they would have done it on a weekend. (Or they simply forgot that many subs are paid by jobs and most employers who are not in the video game business don't allow their employees to install let alone log in to video games on their work computers during office hours.)
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

DarthDymond
04.04.2014 , 07:48 AM | #55
9AM-12AM CDT. Just went up on the main page - so in about 10 minutes the first deals should start.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Jerba
04.04.2014 , 07:54 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
9AM-12AM CDT. Just went up on the main page - so in about 10 minutes the first deals should start.
I think they messed up the time again...
It is currently 8:50am in CDT, and 1:50pm in GMT. So either it starts in 10 minutes or 70 minutes.

Quote:
http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/...31_MTXSale.jpg
Treek And Other Items On Sale 4/4
GET DEEP DISCOUNTS ON A DIFFERENT CARTEL ITEM EACH HOUR APRIL 4 9AM-12AM CDT (3PM-6PM GMT!)

AlienEyeTX
04.04.2014 , 08:00 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
It is currently 8:50am in CDT, and 1:50pm in GMT. So either it starts in 10 minutes or 70 minutes.
It states CDT... so, about now.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

DarthDymond
04.04.2014 , 08:01 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I'd guess they just screwed up the CDT conversion and did it as if it were still CST.

I'm pretty sure it'll start based off of 9am in Austin which means any minute now.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Jerba
04.04.2014 , 08:04 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I'd guess they just screwed up the CDT conversion and did it as if it were still CST.

I'm pretty sure it'll start based off of 9am in Austin which means any minute now.
You are right, it has started! So it looks like it is only one item this hour:
"Armored Woodland Varactyl" for 80% off, so 480 instead of 2,400 Cartel Coins!
That's a steal right there, bought it at once.

thewitchdoctor
04.04.2014 , 08:05 AM | #60
The Armoured Varactyl that is in the present pack for 480CC?

That doesn't seem right. Or is that a prior version?
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: 55 Carnage Marauder - 55 Madness Assassin
Tanks: 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Heals: Baby Sage