Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DWBI and Ascension doing HateFul Entity going for Server 1st come watch!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Begeren Colony
DWBI and Ascension doing HateFul Entity going for Server 1st come watch!!

soowonlee
04.03.2014 , 09:47 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by DansbyRotten View Post
Really? Totally uncool, Bart.
Don't take what I say as an indictment on players who have already progressed through content on this server. To clarify, when I say that the talent pool on BC is shallow, what I mean is that there aren't very many new players who are good enough to handle difficult raid content.

Consider the situation in Doomed Lemmings. Before I transferred out, we were consistently one man short for the HM DF/DP raids. We were unable to find new people that could step up and help us progress. Hit and Run had similar issues. For a short time, Thorazine would try to run pugs to teach people raid mechanics and look for new talent. Needless to say, nothing came to fruition.

Perhaps my perception is off. But I'm guessing you'd agree that it is quite difficult finding new talent on BC. That's what I mean when I say that the talent pool is shallow and why I think BC is frustrating place to raid.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

soowonlee
04.03.2014 , 12:40 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
If you only care about raiding and treat it like a job then yes, but I for one like to have fun since this is JUST A GAME.
I have friends on this server and transferring all of our alts would be quite expensive. I don't want to spend close to 20,000cc just to move servers so that I can do PVE content that I could do on BC. If you're able to justify putting in more money into this game then you already have then great, but it's not like the bosses on another server are more difficult. I think the recent clears of NIM S&V by DOA and Ascension show that the players on this server can clear whatever they want should they choose to. Like your guild DOA and Ascension had people, myself included, go on a long hiatus in the summer that halted NIM progression for the server. But unlike you guys both guilds decided that they cared more about the people on the server then killing a raid boss, and unlike you guys both guilds probably saved quite a bit of money in server transfer costs; sorry we all can't be rich like you guys =P
Also keep in mind that the raiding community on BC is more casual as we aren't skipping work or pulling long nights to kill a boss, at least my raid group doesn't. We go at our own pace, and for the amount of time we put into an instance I think we're doing just fine. My raid group probably put in no more then 15 hours into NIM S&V before we got Dragonslayer. How much time did your ELITE guild put into it?

Just a couple more questions to all you "#ELITE" raiders from Harbinger:
Why are you still posting on BC forums if you think it's such a crummy place?
Shouldn't you be posting on the Harbinger forums? You did move there after all....
Why do we post here? Well that should be obvious, right? We're all bored since Bioware/EA decided it would be a better business move to focus on content for casual gamers rather than release difficult raid content on a timely basis. Posting inflammatory comments makes for entertaining fodder to laugh about while we're farming DF/DP for like the millionth time. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), people on the Harbinger forums aren't as given to troll feeding as people are here.

The solution is simple. Just ignore me or anyone else that trolls these forums, right? Not a lot of people do that. Why is that? Because everyone enjoys the sensationalist nature of these posts. Everyone (including myself) loves to talk smack about others and revel in the base aspects of human nature. Basic tribalistic psychology at its best.
Bartemaeus
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

soowonlee
04.03.2014 , 12:48 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBalla View Post
Now now champ, no need to get defensive. I get that you're a nonfactor, and always have been. Hurr durr hit n run so good so flawless. I'm glad you can clear a NiM fight on the pts, still doesn't change you couldn't even kill twin tanks when this game was actually hard.
You are absolutely ADORABLE. I just wanna pinch those little boy butt cheeks of yours! But alas, given the comments above, I'll have to wait in line for my turn. :-(

And you're absolutely right that I got carried through all of game's content. It's actually quite impressive, if you think about it. I was in two different groups that cleared NiM EC before 2.0. I was with some extremely talented players, since each group effectively 7 manned the instance with me on board. (Nota bene: I really did play with some awesome people, and I give all credit to the folks at Doomed Lemming and Infamous for taking in a completely incompetent raider like me and turning him into marginally competent raider.)
Bartemaeus

NvrShoutNvr
04.03.2014 , 01:10 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by soowonlee View Post
You are absolutely ADORABLE. I just wanna pinch those little boy butt cheeks of yours! But alas, given the comments above, I'll have to wait in line for my turn. :-(

And you're absolutely right that I got carried through all of game's content. It's actually quite impressive, if you think about it. I was in two different groups that cleared NiM EC before 2.0. I was with some extremely talented players, since each group effectively 7 manned the instance with me on board. (Nota bene: I really did play with some awesome people, and I give all credit to the folks at Doomed Lemming and Infamous for taking in a completely incompetent raider like me and turning him into marginally competent raider.)
tell bakkt im taking the absorb augments out of the gbank
My name is Ammut and i play games.
Crackheads and Ketchup

rsuhandy
04.03.2014 , 01:31 PM | #55
Why do we post here? Well that should be obvious, right? We're all bored since Bioware/EA decided it would be a better business move to focus on content for casual gamers rather than release difficult raid content on a timely basis. Posting inflammatory comments makes for entertaining fodder to laugh about while we're farming DF/DP for like the millionth time. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), people on the Harbinger forums aren't as given to troll feeding as people are here.

The solution is simple. Just ignore me or anyone else that trolls these forums, right? Not a lot of people do that. Why is that? Because everyone enjoys the sensationalist nature of these posts. Everyone (including myself) loves to talk smack about others and revel in the base aspects of human nature. Basic tribalistic psychology at its best.
Actually Bart I was giving you the benefit of not being a complete *******.
But thanks for coming out and saying you're a jerk and frankly I'm glad you left the server.

Helmholtzz
04.03.2014 , 01:44 PM | #56
Don't take what I say as an indictment on players who have already progressed through content on this server. To clarify, when I say that the talent pool on BC is shallow, what I mean is that there aren't very many new players who are good enough to handle difficult raid content.

Consider the situation in Doomed Lemmings. Before I transferred out, we were consistently one man short for the HM DF/DP raids. We were unable to find new people that could step up and help us progress. Hit and Run had similar issues. For a short time, Thorazine would try to run pugs to teach people raid mechanics and look for new talent. Needless to say, nothing came to fruition.

Perhaps my perception is off. But I'm guessing you'd agree that it is quite difficult finding new talent on BC. That's what I mean when I say that the talent pool is shallow and why I think BC is frustrating place to raid.
No one cares what you think. You are gone and stay gone. No one asked you to come back here. We have seen what you got. We are not impressed and we don't want it back. Do you see any of us posting in Harbinger. No. Because we don't miss you. And we never will. The **** that stank the server is gone and good riddance. Stink up some other place.

Your GOD thor.. didnt even know how to play his sentinel. How is HE going to teach anyone what to do?
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

JamesBalla
04.03.2014 , 01:49 PM | #57

My server first nim kephess tastes so good
Zentrai/Jballa
rip don't panic

soowonlee
04.03.2014 , 01:53 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
Actually Bart I was giving you the benefit of not being a complete *******.
But thanks for coming out and saying you're a jerk and frankly I'm glad you left the server.
Why would you be glad that I'm off the server? This implies that the quality of your gaming life would be lower if I was on the server than if I wasn't. But surely my being on the server would make absolutely no difference to your gaming experience, correct? Why should a loser like me matter to you at all? Instead of wasting your time responding to my posts, I suggest that you click on my name and click the "ignore" button.
Bartemaeus

Helmholtzz
04.03.2014 , 01:58 PM | #59
Why would you be glad that I'm off the server? This implies that the quality of your gaming life would be lower if I was on the server than if I wasn't. But surely my being on the server would make absolutely no difference to your gaming experience, correct? Why should a loser like me matter to you at all? Instead of wasting your time responding to my posts, I suggest that you click on my name and click the "ignore" button.
Have you ever seen an almost dead dog in the street riddled with infection waiting to die. It never affects anyone who sees it but its a sore sight for the eyes. And now that you are gone now one has to suffer that. Sad /ignore does not work on visual presence
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

ZooMzy
04.03.2014 , 02:27 PM | #60
Because everyone enjoys the sensationalist nature of these posts. Everyone (including myself) loves to talk smack about others and revel in the base aspects of human nature. Basic tribalistic psychology at its best.
^
Too bad some people actually don't fully understand this. Some people actually have the inability in regards to controlling themselves.

Which of course, makes it all the more fun.
"I'm very particular with my words."
Zuhara the Eternal (Keyboard) Warrior
May Pagan's Light shine upon you all